Mission 4 Joining Forces

Crikey I thought I was never going to make it to the trainyard, blinking snipers all over the place! I swear I must have used quick save like 20 times.

I couldn't get the mule to move at all on this mission, anyone else?

Crikey I thought I was never going to make it to the trainyard, blinking snipers all over the place! I swear I must have used quick save like 20 times.

Many are random snipers... and the randomization is done when they are shown so that leads to them changing place when you load a save game. :P

About the Mule... Never moved it much at all during the 6 months I was testing stuff. Rarely used it for anything ever. But I know I've moved it a bit in mission 4... it rammed the truck and ended up on its side. lol.

Poor Lightspeed, this mission is kicking his posterior.

LigHtsPeEd: u know that ol dsaying

LigHtsPeEd: if u cant beat em

LigHtsPeEd: well im a rebel now

Rocky: lol

LigHtsPeEd: cant do it

Rocky: are you using quick saves?

LigHtsPeEd: yes

LigHtsPeEd: its not helping

LigHtsPeEd: lol

Rocky: lmao

LigHtsPeEd: but i know the name of every street in juarez

Rocky: LMAOPIMP

LigHtsPeEd: ive decided why fight

Rocky: lololol

LigHtsPeEd: lets just rebuild the city

LigHtsPeEd: no ur right

LigHtsPeEd: im not used to controlling 3 men anymore

LigHtsPeEd: such a long time since i did sp

Rocky: i did that mission solo i think

LigHtsPeEd: u wot?

LigHtsPeEd: u ######

LigHtsPeEd: ur trying to make me feel worse then i already am

Rocky: lolololololol

LigHtsPeEd: realistically i think i need to go back to sumthin

LigHtsPeEd: more simple

LigHtsPeEd: im thinkin sims2

Rocky: this is mission 4?

LigHtsPeEd: i get smackd dwon by snipers

LigHtsPeEd: grin have got those choke pints well sorted

Rocky: use your squad to draw them out :op

Rocky: sent them out like lambs to the slaughter, locate the sniper, take him out

Rocky: dude, thats what i did

LigHtsPeEd: maybe im taking the wrong approach then

LigHtsPeEd: im accideantlly leading them to slaughter

LigHtsPeEd: ur doing on purpose

:rofl:

Can't seem to get a shot off on the tank before Mexican Allies are swiped out. :wall: There must be some place to stand without taking a direct hit. :hmm: Tried coming up the alley below the main street, just west of the allies, but keep getting nail by the M1A1's main gun. Tried standing at the east end of the street, but can get a lockup with the zeus.

Can anyone inlighten me as to the correct way to kill this tank?

Thanks, Duke1704

O S - Windows Vista Home

Processor - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3006 Mhz

Motherboard - Asus® M2R32-MVP AMD® 580X CrossFire, PCI-E Socket AM2 Motherboard DDR2

CPU Cooling - Arctic Cooling® Freezer 64 Pro Heatsink w/Copper Heat Pipes

Memory - 2048MB RAM (2x1024) Corsair Dominator DDR2-800 Twin2X2048-6400 with Dual-path Heat Xchangers

Video Card - Two (2) x 512MB Diamond Radeon HD 2900XT cards in ATI CrossFire Config

Hard Drive - 1.5 TB (3 x 500GB) Western Digital WD5000KS 7200rpm SATA/300

Sound Card - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer, THX Surround

[Merged with the Mission 4 discussion thread]

Edited by Pave Low

I keep trying to get one of my squad members, who's carrying a Zeus, to fire at the tank but he just refuses to move, never mind target and destroy the tank.

Is it possible to get a squad member to attack a vehicle with a Zeus, or do you have to wait for them to do it themselves?

I keep trying to get one of my squad members, who's carrying a Zeus, to fire at the tank but he just refuses to move, never mind target and destroy the tank.

Is it possible to get a squad member to attack a vehicle with a Zeus, or do you have to wait for them to do it themselves?

I never tried that, anyone know if it's possible?

I never tried that, anyone know if it's possible?

Yes its possible. I took out the attack helo in "The Long Walk" by ordering my zeus carrying team-mate to attack it. :)

Hi all!

GRAW2 is a great game, but now I am stuck in the trainyard.

I killed all enemies, killed the tank, killed more enemies, went to trainyard, but now nothing is happening. The green mark that tells you the next target just hangs in the air but no voice is telling me "mission completed blabla".

I was already running through the level for about 30 minutes... can you help me? :(

Hi all!

GRAW2 is a great game, but now I am stuck in the trainyard.

I killed all enemies, killed the tank, killed more enemies, went to trainyard, but now nothing is happening. The green mark that tells you the next target just hangs in the air but no voice is telling me "mission completed blabla".

I was already running through the level for about 30 minutes... can you help me? :(

I had that happen to me as well. The first time I completed the mission the truck was already there with guys in it and I saw the green box with contact on it and I just stood there and nothing happened. I thought it wouldn't let me proceed because one of my AI teammates was stuck behind a wall in the map.

Anyways I restarted the level over to see if I could get it to work and this time the truck of people were arriving just as I was getting there and the same thing happened, I didn't hear any "objective complete" or something like that. I finally realized I should have listened better since they want you to get into the truck with the loyalists. Go to the passenger side door until you see "hit x to enter vehicle" or something like that. Once you do that you are good to go.

Great mission. Very tough with those snipers. Very good for mp campaign coop.

I'm playing the download version. Don't know if it matters.

I had problem with the mule. it wouln't move, wasn't the truck problem the thing just wouldn't move.

I have used the mule... I was playing sniper for a while and then ran back to the mule to go back to my rx4. Used to be a big m8 fan, now the rx4 is my go to gun.

I found mission 4 to be a relativly easy even on hardcore. I knew where the snipers were going to be... they didn't seem random to me and the locations were fairly obvious given that I expected someone to be around ever single corner. That being said, I really enjoyed the mission... it was fun! The tank was a nice touch.

I did get smaked down twice though. Once with the 50 hidden in the rubble and the second time by a guy in a window with an mp5sd.

I knew where the snipers were going to be... they didn't seem random to me and the locations were fairly obvious given that I expected someone to be around ever single corner.

There are 2-3 random locations to most snipers in that mission. Try and quick save in the middle of it, play a bit and the quick load and you'll notice that things change.

I tried to get my demo guy with Zeus to take out this tank, but he didn't. Quickload - I grabbed the Zeus off the Mule, went by corner near Mexican soldier guy, waited for tank, popped out, fired, moved back behind corner. Worked like a charm.

Dunno why but it took me a few tries to kill the tank, since everytime I'd get the zeus almost locked on it (one beep away), the box would suddenly expand to the same size as when I'd first targeted the tank. This is horrifying when you're looking straight down the main gun and hoping that the loader is slower than the targeting system on your MPAR.

Also, the mule bounced (or something) when it got dropped off, and was stuck upside down, like a turtle. Would've been frustrating if I used the thing for recon or cover or something.

Edited by petsfed

I couldn't get the mule to move at all on this mission, anyone else?

I just got an 'S' for it online on my server 'F.O.A.D' very few has finished it on my server set up hardcore-no respawn.Only 2 other guys did it Bender 316 and JohnMclane6(alias ZombiePhanlax).Not more than 1 guy survive we were the only survivor.Approaching the tank is a big risk an sacrifice for the team winning now Tanks can killed you with their auto-mg which as no effects on GRAW1.As it for the mule is hard to move need to go close from it an move it on tactic map and sometimes don't want to move at all anyway I can live without.All missions has been won on my server ....mean that's the campaign is very challenging but doable mission 4 and 10 are the tuffest to finished.It took a lot of restart server :(...lot of loading and waiting but at the end a big satisfacton :) I enjoyed every moment of it.... :g_withgrin:

I knew where the snipers were going to be... they didn't seem random to me and the locations were fairly obvious given that I expected someone to be around ever single corner.

There are 2-3 random locations to most snipers in that mission. Try and quick save in the middle of it, play a bit and the quick load and you'll notice that things change.

Noted :D

@ Rpghard Yep, very challenging, but doable. Looking forward to a working editor here.

Feel bad though, I have no real issues with any of the missions so far. But so many others do. Hope things improve with future patch.

Tinker

With the tank, I ran to the mule and did a resupply. The first try, I had my demo guy take it out (ATTACK) but I was too close so got blown away too. Second time around, I got myself behind the "flower box" that has bushes in it, just behind the mule, and had time to take it out before the turret could swing my way. Fraekin' hard man !

With the mule, I sent it up the street to use it for cover, sending it past the p.u. It rammed the pu from the side and sent it tumbling on it's side.

I am sort of stuck in this mission, on the way to the train station. My 2 riflemen managed to get themselves "incapacitated", my demo dude is down to 1 bar, and I have less than 1/2 health. Am I wrong, or is there a way to give and receive medical in SP Campaign mode, or at least some way to gain health ? I had figured a resupply would also give med options. When I get hit just by one sniper, it's game over.

Candoo

With the tank, I ran to the mule and did a resupply. The first try, I had my demo guy take it out (ATTACK) but I was too close so got blown away too. Second time around, I got myself behind the "flower box" that has bushes in it, just behind the mule, and had time to take it out before the turret could swing my way. Fraekin' hard man !

With the mule, I sent it up the street to use it for cover, sending it past the p.u. It rammed the pu from the side and sent it tumbling on it's side.

I am sort of stuck in this mission, on the way to the train station. My 2 riflemen managed to get themselves "incapacitated", my demo dude is down to 1 bar, and I have less than 1/2 health. Am I wrong, or is there a way to give and receive medical in SP Campaign mode, or at least some way to gain health ? I had figured a resupply would also give med options. When I get hit just by one sniper, it's game over.

Candoo

No way to regain health during the missions.