reading Half of RAM on 1gb 7950 GX2 card ?

Hey mates,

When you initially start the game, the minimum specs page comes up. I have all green checkmarks but my question is that my video card memory said 512.

I have a 1gb Nvidia 7950 GX2 card which is 2 cards together using my only PCI-e slot on my Dell XPS 410 motherboard. As I understand it, it still is considered a SLI board right? I looked in my Nvidia settings and SLI is checked.

I have 2 questions:

1. Shouldn't the spec page read 1gb instead of 512 for video memory?

2. Is there a way to check my video cards status while playing the game to verify that both 512 sides on my card are running and at what ammount of memory is being used on each card? I want to do this to one verify that both sides of my card are working and two, how much video memory is actually being used in-game.

Thanks a ton in advance and see ya on MP soon........ :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Fresh

Hey mates,

When you initially start the game, the minimum specs page comes up. I have all green checkmarks but my question is that my video card memory said 512.

I have a 1gb Nvidia 7950 GX2 card which is 2 cards together using my only PCI-e slot on my Dell XPS 410 motherboard. As I understand it, it still is considered a SLI board right? I looked in my Nvidia settings and SLI is checked.

I have 2 questions:

1. Shouldn't the spec page read 1gb instead of 512 for video memory?

2. Is there a way to check my video cards status while playing the game to verify that both 512 sides on my card are running and at what ammount of memory is being used on each card? I want to do this to one verify that both sides of my card are working and two, how much video memory is actually being used in-game.

Thanks a ton in advance and see ya on MP soon........ :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Fresh

Well, you should realise that, and you also do, that your card has 512 on each "side". The 7950x2 is basically a sli card, 512MB being used by each card ("Side") and they are not magically added together. Each card needs to have the same information in the memory and as you can see that will make the maximum amount of memory available to be used, by each card ("Side") 512MB .

1. I really don´t think it shows you the wrong amount. It should show 512MB as available.

2. I think Rivatuner has some options to display how much memory is being used.

Edited by semjonov