Ideas for Weapons Mods

No offense at all, mate, I'm just having the damndest time getting anyone to want to make it for me. Got blown off in VBS1, too. :lol:

Yeah, I'm sure I could learn how to model, but several thousand dollars worth of software (and my wife) stand in the way of that. <_<

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This way i'm with you Commander, but please no old kalashnikovs...

We should put in-game modern versions like the 100 series. Then i thought that talking about american spec ops, the SLR 105 was a good substitute...

P.S.

Also SVD would be good, but i'd add a Vintorez.

It's more Spec Ops...

Edited by caprera

p90 and minigun ftw!!

But Before we go into that kind of stuff...

ak47_large_1.jpg

automatic Kalashnikov's FTW!

Don't care if its americans and mexicans.

Someone could port the SVD and ak74 mod into GRAW 2 as well

I did, not a difficult thing to do, but since its not my mod, we'll have to wait for the original artist to upload it.

but if you want to do it for yourself (which, i think, is covered by the copyrights), just take the edited XMLs from the Graw1 mod, copy the altered lines and paste them into the respective XMLs from Graw2. dont forget to copy the model/texture files as well.

you have to change some lines, add a slot_weight etc., but if you compare them to the working Graw2-mods, you'll know what to do.

Added Snowfellas SOPMOD M4 addons/MEUSOC that way too (if you read that, hope you dont mind. personal use only i assure you).

BTW what we REALLY need is an editor that automatically edits the appropriate XMLs, assigns slots etc., so you don't have to do countless edits every time you want to add a mod to the game.

Yeah Caprera if you mean me when you say "Author" all I gotta say is sorry. Haven't had much time for ideas due to the ###### driver problems I was having. Downloaded the new 162.18 driver for my GeForce 7950 GT 512 card and the game crashed along with my computer whenever I'd start a mission. It only worked with Dynamic shadows off and even then, I'd exit the game to try and watch a video on my computer and the video would be black with some orange bits in it. Luckily I went on NVIDIA's forums and they knew exactly what was wrong(that driver's glitchy) and one of the guys there, sent me the link to download the old driver. So I was like "Suh weet!" and can finally play GRAW 2 again. Yeah it has glitches and all the good features from GRAW1 were taken out(needs to be fixed in a patch) but I was just glad to be able to play again after all that. Anyways, good ideas with all the weapons. The SLR 105 looks like an AK74 to me and it sounds familiar to me. Coulda sworn I used it when I used to play SOCOM on PS2 but I can't remember. I think the AK-47 would be awesome for the rebel bots and the SVD would be welcome too. That's all for now. I'm tired.

What about eliminating AK47 from our thoughts ??

I think no more rebels all around the world use it anymore...

Maybe in Africa still is in use. Talking about well organized rebels like these in GRAW we should provide them with more modern weapons. Btw my SLR105 idea was aimed to Ghosts. I've seen many photos also on militaryphotos.com that show USA SFs using it.

Maybe in Africa still is in use. Talking about well organized rebels like these in GRAW we should provide them with more modern weapons. Btw my SLR105 idea was aimed to Ghosts. I've seen many photos also on militaryphotos.com that show USA SFs using it.

The AK47 is still the prefered weapon of your enemy all over the world :yes: See Rockys post in real world military section. even the US special forces and a few other countrys use them. So the locals do not know its them shooting. They can be fully submerged in water, kicked around and bured in sand, even run over and the dam things will still fire, there manufacted in 13 different countrys around the world in ther millions !! even a company in the states manufacturing them :yes: and you can take more or less any part from a new one and use it to replace a part on a 30 year old one .

:yes:Link to Rocks post

Edited by Hammer

Eliminating the AK from our thoughts? There's probably 100 million of the things floating around in one form or another, all over the world! as Hammer pointed out. They're used anywhere a cheap automatic rifle is needed or desired. Just watch the evening news or take a tour around various forums and sites where pics are taken in the mid-east, Meso and South America, Southeast Asia, Africa, Afghanistan, Europe, etc. "Rebels" all over the world use it in far greater quantities than any other, more modern, weapon. Usually it's a cost issue. You can get an AK for what amounts to a couple hundred bucks whereas getting one's hands on something like a FAMAS or G36 is going to cost more and likely be hard to get anyway. I'm just saying, the AK family is ubiquitous. It'd be like ignoring the FN FAL and the G3 (which GRIN did...) Not trying to bag on you, caprera, just saying that I believe your train of thought is incorrect here. :thumbsup:

but if you want to do it for yourself (which, i think, is covered by the copyrights), just take the edited XMLs from the Graw1 mod, copy the altered lines and paste them into the respective XMLs from Graw2. dont forget to copy the model/texture files as well.

you have to change some lines, add a slot_weight etc., but if you compare them to the working Graw2-mods, you'll know what to do.

BTW what we REALLY need is an editor that automatically edits the appropriate XMLs, assigns slots etc., so you don't have to do countless edits every time you want to add a mod to the game.

We really do need an editor thing like that. It'd be a lot easier for total noobs like me.

No bag WP. :)

I know they use them, and also SFs do, but i was thinking that maybe in a near future, Ghosts could use AKs produced in their country and go in combat with them not to be forced to steal them from the enemy as LRRG did in Vietnam. I said to eliminate the AK47 because it's really old, and they have the Arsenal factory at their disposal.

I don't think they would send men into combat with weapons robbed somewhere years before...

Modern AKs exit the factory ready to be "modded". I'm quite sure that everyone that choose a 47 for battle would substitute the wooden parts. Thanks to the side rail he wouldn't have any problems in using modern russian sights and same for the GL. Maybe only weight whining...Modern russian rifles instead of the 47 also to have some choice about cartidges: 5,56; 5,45 and 7,62.

At the end we are talking about the same rifle in estetics.... :shifty:

The ak is an amazingly adaptable and durable weapon. Watch the video, submerged in water, covered in dirt, ran over by a humvee, still fired. They only problem with it is its accuracy.

But I'm sure that can be fixed somehow.

We need something like this.

http://www2.noda-ya.com/gunnew/new-custom/...k47tacexbst.jpg

big pic warning.

Edited by Commander Outcast

OMG please no rail systems on AKs !

Unacceptable!!

This is anything but an AK...

:lolup: Well, wait a second. You were clamoring for more modern weapons, and then when someone mentions an updated version of the AK you freak out... :)

Any weapon system nowadays without a rail is pretty much in the obsolete file, at least as far as modernly equipped militaries go. Any shooter out there knows it's much easier to shoot with optics, whether it's a scope, a red dot or a reflex. Rails allow the use of these optics and allow the mounting of white lights, IR pointers, IR lights, NV components, grenade launchers, etc., etc., etc. I think a fully "modernized" AK wouldn't be that bad an idea.

Now let me balance that by saying that all of my complaining about the lack of AK, FAL or G3 is for the opfor's use, not for blue. I personally could give a rat's about using an AK. The missions that are available and likely to be realized in GRAW2 are not going to be LRRPs or other deep-country recon or stuff that would require the units to be behind lines for extended periods of time, unlike some of the missions I made and played in VBS1. Without the ability to pick up and use magazines for a weapon that the opfor wouldn't have it seems kind of futile to work on a version for the Ghosts to use. US military ammunition facilities do not make 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 ammo (in any appreciable quantities, I'd assume anyway), so all the ammo carried into battle would have to be (unapproved) commercially produced or surplus ammo of unknown quality and capability. May as well just stick to weapons and ammo 5th SFG is likely to carry into the field in the next 10 years (which would include, yes, caprera, the M4 [The Army is getting ready to buy about 100,000 units in the next year or so], and anyone who thinks the M4 won't be in use with SOFs over the next 20 years is dead wrong, to be honest). Luckily most of these exist in the game already, but I think the first half of this thread explored what's missing from the aresenal, and we're pretty much beating a dead horse at this point.

Now, if we must make a "blufor" AK-Hubba hubba

:drool:

Edited by WP33

Hubba hubba pic is nice... I like this one myself.

http://www.defensereview.com/stories/bhi/B..._Horizontal.jpg

and yeah the M4 isnt going anywhere to fast.

XM8 was dropped, OICW dropped, Land Warrior.....As far as im aware the 416 was either dropped or still being tested or somthing.

So pretty much half of the guns in the game the military doesnt even really use and the cross comm thing probly wont be seen for a really long time considering land warrior thing just didnt work out.

I say go for current military realism who ever might be thinking of working on weapons.

Edited by pz3

You're not totally right this time WP.

AK for optics has the side rail. And rings on the barrel for GP25/30 GL. Rail system is just an occidental solution for the same target, but an alternative is not supposed to be automatically outdated... I don't see Russian Spetnaz with rails on AKs and Abakans.

If then you want to say that playing as mercs and ghosts in this game would require rails as common in this ambient, you're right. To me the best choice this way admitting i'm not the only one who wants them should be the Arsenal SLR105, but occidentalized Aks could be a good compromise...

EDIT:

Btw we forgot about first suggestions in first posts about two rifles that to me deserve to be in-game: HK 417 and 468. Someone still wants them ??

And what about a top 5 most wanted rifles list ???

P.S.

I hope my english to be good enough to let you understand what i wanted...

Edited by caprera

Yeah your English was very good. I still want the 417 and M468. We had a top 5 weapons list going on. I believe it was like this:

1. 417 in Recce(Sniper) variant.

2. M468

3. M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System(SASS)

4. M107 Semi-Automatic 50 caliber Sniper Rifle

5. MP7

Just about all those weapons are being used by SOF units. Not sure about the 417 or MP7.

Yeah your English was very good. I still want the 417 and M468. We had a top 5 weapons list going on. I believe it was like this:

1. 417 in Recce(Sniper) variant.

2. M468

3. M110 Semi-Automatic Sniper System(SASS)

4. M107 Semi-Automatic 50 caliber Sniper Rifle

5. MP7

Just about all those weapons are being used by SOF units. Not sure about the 417 or MP7.

Now, my info may not be 100% up to date, but the 417 last time I checked was still in testing/prototype stage. However, the LE section of the HK site shows it as an available model, which implies it's ready to ship. I have no info on military units in-field with the weapon. The MP7 is in use by the Germans, some UK MOD units, UN, KNP SWAT, Irish Garda, Norway and Malaysia. No mention anywhere at all about US SOFs using it, though anything is possible (keep in mind that the US prefers to use weapons that are manufactured on US soil, and the HK plant in the US doesn't make the MP7).

The ak is an amazingly adaptable and durable weapon. Watch the video, submerged in water, covered in dirt, ran over by a humvee, still fired. They only problem with it is its accuracy.

But I'm sure that can be fixed somehow.

We need something like this.

http://www2.noda-ya.com/gunnew/new-custom/...k47tacexbst.jpg

big pic warning.

some ppl is a genius. Combine the M4 and AK. using the accurate design of M4 and the ower ###### system from AK47 is a master peace.