Mission 10: The Last Stand

ok I finally broke down and bought the game...I've enjoyed it overall and yes it is difficult, STALKER difficult,....

or maybe mig difficult :) but unless having a guy die as soon as the last man ropes in is part of the story line...please...as KRP 56 once stated to me...loosing a team member at insertion spawn is a no no...I agree...if ya want to make it hard to get out of the insert zone cool...ok first I decide to finally give the m32 a try..bad idea...actually we all got in ok and then I would die like dog trying to learn that weapon or use my measley mp5...so I go back to mission nine so I can reinvent my kit and go through that mess again and again.. instead of loading from that play mission screen so I can have my demo guy who died after we boared the helo to leave that scene first time through..and oh yea, on the subject of spwans..I had two mercs spawning in a tower room with me! Id dis an Id game? Well, usually one shot won't kill in those games.... :) So we all get out alive and go to the bridge and thats where my guy dies everytime we rope in...jeez louise...please..realistic? yes...fun to play? no.

So here is my two cents worth of reality EL PASO TEXAS, US SOIL, NUKE MISSLE...HMMM CAN YOU SAY FORT BLISS??? THOSE GUYS WOULD NOT LAST FIVE SECONDS THEMSELVES IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF REALITY....

mig

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was replaying the last mission again tonight (trying out that mod that changes the mission conclusion). I remember it being largely a frustrating mission, especially on the bridge. This time though I was pretty much in awe of the movie like grandeur of the whole thing. Picking off enemies with a sniper rifle through the haze of an exploded car, that was just too cool really. And trying to see if I could scope in and shoot the pilot of the attack heli as it swung around lining it's guns up on me, that was just plain awesome. It went very red very quick after that though :unsure:

This mission does offer up some spectacular, movie like scenes.

dummy me finally realized I could do something that would help ensure we all got roped in w/o getting kia'd...still not across the bridge and where is that fast mover when ya need her? Yet I still have a hard time with the story here since I trained on H.A.W.K. at Bliss as did the rest of the gun buying globe not Soviet and have to believe there is a Division of ADATs and Patriot AD right there these days....enemy helos? Lets not forget shoulder fired AD aka MANPADS.. but the Zeus does it ok...wish I knew how to model one though...and oh yea, BTW, very nice Snowfella! I used the Masada SPR throughout the campaign....

mig

And trying to see if I could scope in and shoot the pilot of the attack heli as it swung around lining it's guns up on me

Is it actually possible to shoot the pilot to bring the bird down? I've always just used the zeus to take it down.

And trying to see if I could scope in and shoot the pilot of the attack heli as it swung around lining it's guns up on me

Is it actually possible to shoot the pilot to bring the bird down? I've always just used the zeus to take it down.

It didn't work for me, I know that!

• 1 month later...

Just finished GRAW 2 with campaign mode and on Normal difficulty.

**No cutscene at the end, though. Any news on this?

I'm in the same situation as post #70 in this thread. I make it all the way across the street and hear the building exploding behind me. I just get dumped to the mission debriefing with a perfect score.

No voice at the end, no credits, nothing at all

Rocky - in post #77 you mentioned a mod that changes the ending. I didn't find it in the GRAW 2 downloads. Is it still available?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Alternative Ending Mission Here.

Post how you go.

Didn't work - 2 possible problems

1. File Location - I already had GRAW 2/Local/English

When I unzipped the file, it had Local/english/levels/mission 10/xml

At first, I did what instructions said and had a Local folder with two folders within - English and the new Local/english/levels/mission 10/xml content.

Then I pruned it so it had something that looked more logical.

GRAW 2/Local/English/levels/mission 10/xml

Is this correct?

2. Loading Mission - Secondly, I have only played through the campaign on normal.

I have a quicksave from when I am in the missile chamber.

I have been trying to see this by going to the Campaign - then load saved game - then load the quicksave.

Do I have to replay mission 10 from the beginning?

Thanks