left behind on Chopper Extract ?

Anyone else keep getting left behind?

Just seems to be me at the moment. :huh: Others get in the Chopper and it flies off, leaving me on the ground, all alone!

:hmm: I think they tipped the pilot off, TBH.

Tinker

Do you remember on which level it happened?

I've heard that the pilot is having some domestic problems to take care of and that screws with his temper ^^

I feel sorry for you Tinker!

If I had a chopper I would fly in to the hot zone, banging 'paint it black' from my custom made stereo installation on the outside of the chopper.

I would make a nice thrilling fly in, grenades blowing around you and machine gunners giving you backup. Hell superiours didn't agree with me to fly with their heli back into the hot zone. Hell with them! I would come in raging and hit my heli to the ground for a fast pickup!

So, if anyone is in the nearby of Tinker with their chopper, please pick him up. He looks like a stranger sometimes, but he's a good bloke!

Toniezz! :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Actually it seems to be a little more interesting.

I`ll get the mission names soon as...

But, on several occassions, we are on Teamspeak by the way, 2 people are reporting the Chopper is still up in the air and they are on the ground. While the last member is in the Chopper and states we are both with him.

All members are in the Chopper, as it takes off, 1 man suddenly goes to ground and is left behind, maybe pressed the "X" button?

Other issue is once in the Chopper the "X" button needs disabling, as it seems you can still exit it, as it takes off, thus leaving you behind.

Also sometimes it has been seen leaving without picking anyone up!

Last thing is some see it still in the air, when others see it on the ground at the same time.

Mission 03: Welcome to Jarez

Mission 07: Rosen

Tinker

:x There is a reason we dont let Tinker in our chopper :x he gets air sick lol ;)

But i have come across the chopper problem in both mission 3 and mission 7 were it will take off sometimes with 1 person onboard sometimes 2 and leave the rest on the ground. Mission 7 is the worst more often than not it will take off leaving every body behind but the voice over says " welcome aboard Rosen its good to have you back" then flys off. You stand around on the ground for 20sec or so then the mission ends

:huh:

Edited by Hammer

Interesting. I looked at the mission script today as it says that "all" members of the player team and "all" members of Rosen team has to be inside the helicopter for it to take off.

When looking at this I also realized that in Campaign Coop we have removed the limit of only 2 members of the player team... so if you play with 4 players and then get Rosen... there isn't enough space in the helo to extract everyone and it should never leave due to the above code. But still it does... funny.

Interesting. I looked at the mission script today as it says that "all" members of the player team and "all" members of Rosen team has to be inside the helicopter for it to take off.

When looking at this I also realized that in Campaign Coop we have removed the limit of only 2 members of the player team... so if you play with 4 players and then get Rosen... there isn't enough space in the helo to extract everyone and it should never leave due to the above code. But still it does... funny.

I have played this "lonewolf" style today and as soon as Rosen or myself stand next to the Helo it takes off :unsure: im no games programer but its almost as if the area that detects you getting into the helo is to big and is detecting you out side. :huh:

I have played this "lonewolf" style today and as soon as Rosen or myself stand next to the Helo it takes off :unsure: im no games programer but its almost as if the area that detects you getting into the helo is to big and is detecting you out side. :huh:

It's actually the helicopter itself that does the detection if you are inside, no area on the ground is used. Which makes it even more strange.

i have had it in rosen and also left some one behind on that mission in coop

had it in quarry (mission coop) that the heli was hovering about 9 meters above me while the host said it was on the ground

he exited the heli to prove he was right and i was on some kind of drug

he fell, but the heli came down a bit, and he entered again

he directed me under the chopper and proved once more it was on the ground, he got out again and fell, to his death... but i now got the "press X" so i got in while the heli was at 2 meters ?? ?

when we do the missions again i will load fraps up for the screenies

Insert on Mission 7, SP. Kill Pilot. There is no co-Pilot! :whistle:

Anyhow, I wonder if the original point to this post is that the guys already in the Chopper at Extraction are being counted as the team? Is there not Pilot plus freindlies?

Tinker

*EDIT* Going in for some more testin :devil:

Anyhow, I wonder if the original point to this post is that the guys already in the Chopper at Extraction are being counted as the team? Is there not Pilot plus freindlies?

Tinker

The mission scripts are not setup to count the pilots or gunnery crew. Just require team on extraction. It would break the game otherwise. I think the extraction crew is "immortal" on some missions though.

Tinker

The mission scripts are not setup to count the pilots or gunnery crew. Just require team on extraction. It would break the game otherwise. I think the extraction crew is "immortal" on some missions though.

Yep I can see that now in the script. Can you say what the Heli crew are referenced as? I can`t see them. No worries if not.

Tinker

Tinker

Yep I can see that now in the script. Can you say what the Heli crew are referenced as? I can`t see them. No worries if not.

Tinker

They are set as crew in the editor so they don't need to be included in the mission script, spawns automaticaly with the vehicle when it spawns, just like in GRAW1. ;)

Oh, and the Blackhawk pilots are inside protected armor so you can't kill them. ;)

Just finished the mission again and this time the helo extracted 2 the two ghosts with me plus Rosen :D

But i dont have a next mission button just a return to menue button :(

I know all about that left behind feeling Tinker. :lol:

4X thought you might get a kick out of my experience in this video from DFW. I concur.

http://forums.digitalfleshwound.com/index....l=lunar+mission

It is from Apr '06 but the first link in the initial posts still streams. The link for Episode 1 is disabled however.

This site (started by digger69 and Harelip) is into America's Army now but when it started it was GR.

Apologies to Gav80

2nd mission in campaign coop:

the chopper is visible only to the host if 2 passengers are in it. To get in, you have to kill the AI and then it magically appears. Then the others can enter. I have a video of this bug if there is a place I can upload it to (avi captured with FRAPS)