GRIN! What have you done to my game?

I would rather attention be spent on the "gameplay" and tactics in the next one rather than cpu using physics candy. I remember allot complaining about pointless cans placed around so they moved etc.

If its a case of wow them on the first with extra physics, then shift to getting a physics card on the next one (maybe a ploy? hmmmm) and then they focus on gameplay, then cool.

I think its good (from what ive read) that people are talking in terms of [GR] gameplay similarities back.

I totally agree with you. Gameplay > Physics BUT the point is that GRAW1 had better physics/interaction so it's really disappointing to realize that the previous game had better physics AND interaction (keep in mind that a lot of gamers love the interaction. Hence look at Crysis,a lot of us will be just playing with the interaction and the physics :D). And both of them can Co-Exist in order to satisfy all the gamers ;)

PS: This is regarding the non-AGEIA version of the game

oh here we go he cant help him self and has to trash yet another thread by mentioning crysis everyone will start to think you work for them.

anyway back to the thread....

Graw 2 beats graw 1 hands done on everything to be honest. as long as the back ground looks half sharp thats the main thing, the more time you spend looking at the scenery the more times you will get shot.

could care less what my team looks like, if you want to run around looking at each other asking does my bum look big in this so be it. (cant wait to meet clans like that in a ladder match easy points).

the AI are 10 fold better 95% of the time compared to graw 1.

the game overall just seems to run smoother.

the only draw back is the dedi part at the min. but touch wood we seem to be getting somewhere thanks to captain crysis (viiper).

i think people who arent sure once you play it a few more times then you will get to like it more.

I can live with the graphics and physics setup as i believe they had to find a happy medium to work across the broad spectrum of different pc's but my biggest complaint with GRAW2 is the method of selecting weapons in MP. It just really sucks, i think most everyone out there would much rather be able to select their weapons how they want.Respawning back at the beginning and having to run all the way back to the action just gets tiring as if i was having to run it for real. Thanks GRIN

Launching a grenade in GRAW1 was pure estatic destructive pleasure: burning cars, crashing traffic lights, flying garbage..

I threw a grenade under the truck that hides 3 enemy on the first map, and it landed clear across the other side of the road in a burning heap.

I can live with the graphics and physics setup as i believe they had to find a happy medium to work across the broad spectrum of different pc's but my biggest complaint with GRAW2 is the method of selecting weapons in MP. It just really sucks, i think most everyone out there would much rather be able to select their weapons how they want.Respawning back at the beginning and having to run all the way back to the action just gets tiring as if i was having to run it for real. Thanks GRIN

Snake,

I believe the restrictions created by Kits deserves its own top level post in order to get a focused discussion on it. I am sure you are not alone in your feelings about it. You probably dont want to start that topic buried deep in here...... I suggest you make a top level post on this one. I would like to see if GRiN can be engaged on this topic.

Multiplayer is sad.... sad!!! A few maps, all similar, kingdom of snipers and campers. Seriously, you should give us a maps pack soon, I don't mean a metropolis-urban pack, ( I know the action moved from Mexico City ) but at least small towns, vehicles, structures...

Only gonna say this: The maps in GR:AW 2 are of a much higher tactical level then GR:AW 1 - you can create a whole bunch of tactical game plans in order to accomplish your goal in a match. In GR:AW 1 you could only do so much -in other words: camp or be camped- w/ these new maps, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

I think every MP player who likes a tactical shooter will agree w/ me on this one.

PS: They could have put in a few urban-ish maps do. But I am NOT complaining.

GR:AW 2 owns the shiznit outta GR:AW 1

Only gonna say this: The maps in GR:AW 2 are of a much higher tactical level then GR:AW 1 - you can create a whole bunch of tactical game plans in order to accomplish your goal in a match. In GR:AW 1 you could only do so much -in other words: camp or be camped- w/ these new maps, THE SKY IS THE LIMIT.

I think every MP player who likes a tactical shooter will agree w/ me on this one.

PS: They could have put in a few urban-ish maps do. But I am NOT complaining.

GR:AW 2 owns the shiznit outta GR:AW 1

agreed!

• 1 month later...

I am in love with this game. I hated GRAW 1, but this one has me like a fat kid eating a birthday cake.

So far I am in ACT II: Joining Forces, it is beginning to be my favorite mission. I love the atmosphere and the destruction.

finished it last night.

Ok, I got used to the country locations after a while, and afterall there were small towns too, so urban combat has not really left the game.

I still think what I said about GRAW2 physics... locking them so only ageia owners can get the real thing is a negative choice to me. 98percent of people DO NOT own an Ageia, so to 98percent of gamers GRAW2 is a downgrade compared to the magnificent feeling of GRAW1

And sadly, I dont think things will get any better with an eventual GRAW3

There are other nice things, new things, and most of them are cool. Color palette is better, graphics are improved

Oh well, we'll see whats next.

But when you blow stuff up, cans and trash and stuff all go flying, and it's COOL!

I never saw you as a Trashy guy Rabbi :lol:

A recently aquired taste perhaps? ;)

Only in the context of having spent (wasted, whatever) time playing GRAW2 when I KNEW I'd get burned just like last year with GRAW. The few improvements have been mostly superficial, and some changes (multiplayer kits, for instance) just flat out SUCK. I say let the Ghost Recon name (at least for PC) rest in peace- Ubi and GRIN have given it a very rough life over the last couple years...

I still think what I said about GRAW2 physics... locking them so only ageia owners can get the real thing is a negative choice to me. 98percent of people DO NOT own an Ageia, so to 98percent of gamers GRAW2 is a downgrade compared to the magnificent feeling of GRAW1

Personally I think the physics are better in GRAW 2 without the Ageia card vs GRAW 1. In GRAW 2 you see sandbags move around when you toss a nade near them, you can kick around tumbleweeds, it all seems like GRAW 1 physics improved.

My only complain is about the physics. I remember that GRAW1 had way better physics. Damn you could even shoot the leaves of a tree which was pretty neat. In GRAW2 the physics are downgraded. I don'tknow if you can interact with the leaves and with everything else with an AGEIA card,but the interaction and the physics of the in the normal settings are downgraded from GRAW1,which is really sad IMO

Definately!!!!

The feeling is like a sad downgrade, the game has lost much!

Yeah but these may be some of the reasons this game runs so much smoother than graw1. I will take the new smoothness and better framerate over being able to shoot leaves off trees. What some of you call "downgrading" I call responsible, prudent optimizations. And, now that I think of it, graw2 actually looks a bit better than graw. For one thing graw1 lighting and shadowing is inferior. The soldier models and animations look better as well.

Then there's the A.I. Some people hate it, I don't. The freindly a.i. is highly frustrating when they scream about taking fire yet don't return fire, that's my only complaint. They certainly go where I tell them and face the proper direction better than in graw1, and they do a great job of covering and firing around corners and such.

Lots of people complain that the enemy is too slow to react. But I think I see what GRIN was trying to do here. It seems the enemy is designed to simulate an enemy facing an elite covert spec ops team (you), which would mean:

A.they don't know you were coming,

B.they are not sure how many of you there are,

C.they are not sure where you are shooting from if you're weapons be suppressed, and

D.they are overwhelmed by your superior tactics and the swiftness with which you shower upon them violence.

No other tac shooter I've played shows signs of development with the above factors taken into acount. Sure they succeed in making it a "challenge" by making the a.i. aggressive....... but what about immersion? As far as I'm concerned GRAW2 (minus the narcom) allows me to immerse myself and play as an elite soldier for a couple of hours a day, and I think the A.I. was designed to help facilitate just that.

HOWEVER, the problem is that GRIN overdid it, and enemies nearby don't react properly to you once you have engaged their comrades. They seem too oblivious, too often.

But.....other developers, like those who killed the Rainbow 6 series with Gears of Vegas, describe their A.I. as behaving like real people. Unfortunately, the "real people" they are coded to immitate are GAMERS, not soldiers or militants, and there's no room for realistic tactics on our part because the enemy A.I. is playing arena paintball while we're trying to be covert, tactical, and/or executing some sort of planned precision assault. That type of A.I. is not what I want in SP missions. It's the opposite of immersive, regardless how challenging it is.

Now, on the PvP mp side, I have no opinion because I don't play vs modes, simply because from what I've seen it's virtual paintball, not virtual combat, and I'm only interested in simulating r/w ops. Period.

Edited by doubletap

But when you blow stuff up, cans and trash and stuff all go flying, and it's COOL!

Only in the context of having spent (wasted, whatever) time playing GRAW2 when I KNEW I'd get burned just like last year with GRAW. The few improvements have been mostly superficial, and some changes (multiplayer kits, for instance) just flat out SUCK. I say let the Ghost Recon name (at least for PC) rest in peace- Ubi and GRIN have given it a very rough life over the last couple years...

I have noticed that you think so, a couple of times in fact. I am all out of paper at the moment, but I got it all covered. Have fun with whatever you decide to do when you don't post here anymore.

w00t

I have noticed that you think so, a couple of times in fact. I am all out of paper at the moment, but I got it all covered. Have fun with whatever you decide to do when you don't post here anymore.

AHHHHH,,,HE would post here just to make you mad....... :D I HOPE ANYWAYS w00t