CALLING ALL OLD GHOST RECON PLAYERS........

:thumbsup::grin2:

You old timers will love :wub: this new GRAW2, I am not bull$hitting you one bit and I am not just saying this to build hype for the release. The map styles are so similar to the original GR, they will bring back fond memories of years past. This game is no comparison to the first GRAW....after playing both, GRAW2 is what we wanted to begin with. The Demo did not do GRAW2 justice!!

SO COME BACK TO AN OLD FRIEND(GHOST RECON).....GRAW2 IS ITS SUCCESSOR!!

That's what my squad is saying right now... only have 15 minutes left in direct2drive and i will be joining them :D

and there comparison was... and i quote

"This is the game we have been waiting for since GR1 died. The Maps are VERY Gr1 like. This game Rocks!"

TCZ and TWL... get some ladders (USA) up ASAP!

and for GRIN... 2 THUMBS UP!!!

strange. :hmm: I guess my worst thought is true. was a PR nightmare of a games release. :rolleyes:

I'd expected more PR but again...like i know and have been told, UBISOFT has no PR at all.

how can one retailer out of the entire DC area be the only one to have GRAW2...unless because I told them about it? :hmm: I know the wheaton gamestop people quite well.

. The map styles are so similar to the original GR,

Thats the problem, looks like they took some of the worst maps like the High Sierra and Vilnius and just ported them.

IF you are gonna rehash old one why not the greats?

Where are the truly great maps like Embassy, Aurora, Riverbed, POW, Day Docks, Airfield, Trainwreck, Caves, Refinery, Polling Center?

Where are the truly great maps like Embassy, Aurora, Riverbed, POW, Day Docks, Airfield, Trainwreck, Caves, Refinery, Polling Center?

I need a nappie...

You know, there were mod maps for GRAW that attempted to recreate some of the great [GR] maps. I didn't get around to d/l a lot of those. But I'm willing to bet that a wider variety fo maps is one more thing that Ubishaft has already decided not to provide, and will have to come from within this community. And that's often been a better source of maps anyhow (no offense to developers). Think back to the great [GR] maps from the likes of +SD and AlphaSquad. Honestly there were a few maps out there from old Stealth Recon tournaments and such that I feel were better than what was offered at any point from Ubisoft. If GRAW2 holds up as a solid game, the same may happen with it as well.

And yeah, I'd love to see some of those maps for the new games.

Haha finaly the us peeps get the goods....

I played the prison map in graw and it was nothing like the [GR] counterpart, not being able to open doors.....

The GRAW2 maps are awesome, but still I hope to se the old GRAW maps ported to GRAW2, and especially the Single player ones.... Hope the modding tools and skills of modders make that possible.

Haha finaly the us peeps get the goods....

I played the prison map in graw and it was nothing like the [GR] counterpart, not being able to open doors.....

The GRAW2 maps are awesome, but still I hope to se the old GRAW maps ported to GRAW2, and especially the Single player ones.... Hope the modding tools and skills of modders make that possible.

I take it you don't read the news? Like GRIN SAID it would not be easy to port a GRAW map !!!!! NO PORTING there all in the bin, the end no more graw maps. DIFFERENT SYSTEM. (The quote was Grins).

p.s. edit add:

GRAW1 is at a lower resolution graphically, and will look like a

bag of bones in with graw2 graphics.

READ

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44790

You old timers will love :wub: this new GRAW2, I am not bull$hitting you one bit and I am not just saying this to build hype for the release.

Thanks for the info COB77. I am going to wait a few months and see how it pans out before I buy. Like, how many GSP's (game server providers) will be offering the game, how many players there are after 2-3 months after release, what the ladder situation is, how the anti cheat is working out, and what guys like you are saying after the newness wears off.

What you said is very encouraging though and I hope it all works out. Still looking for a good FPS here.

First night in the books.

Beautiful. Really reminds me of GR1.....on steroids. Game style is much different than GRAW 1. More tactical (so far) and way more stealthy. Run and gunners won't have the overwhelming advantage anymore. Graphics are sweet even when turned down, maps are fresh & different...not the same yellowish tinge as GRAW1.

As an old GR1 player I would venture to say that those of you who felt put off by GRAW1, really need to give this one a shot. The demo does not do the design and style of the MP maps any justice. After last night Calavera(hopefully spelt right), is my least favorite map by far. GRIN & Ubi did a great job going back to game play roots while making giant leaps toward the future.

BTW: I preorded it from the local Gamestop. The salesman said that is the best thing to do at Gamestop because they don't stock many PC titles anymore. When I got there, there was 1 lone copy on the shelf.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

Yes Graw is GOOD not half good some build it up... I don't like some of the features like the HB sensor which is pulled from RVS series. Not being able to squad up or in game voip is silly as well. I played GR back in the day a lot loved it then, but I'd like to see more squad action since this is a squad based game. Instead of you run here, I'll go here and unless your playing some scrubs you'll get taken out.

Video wise the game is outstanding very nice to look at IF you have the ram,cards and mobo to run her to the full potential. What's the deal with the anti cheat? Who's running the show PB or GRIN? IF you do a quick goggle thier out there what's being done? Will thier be a MBL to stream to? If you're going to throw the game to PB and its worthless patchs and PB updates it's wasteing time. I'd hope to see a hardline on the hackers! Seems thier always ahead of PB!

Heres a little of what I found MIND you no links, but since no one wants to ever talk about the subject I will bring it up because I despise hackers!

###IN DEVELOPMENT###

Features will be:

100% Punkbuster proof. You will never get caught

Minimap w/ enemy radar (shows you where the enemy is on radar)

Nametags - Shows you where the enemy is by making a bright red nametag

Health ESP - Shows you how much heatlh enemy has

Aimbot - Auto aim or Auto shoot to the enemys head or stomach. Vector or hitbox

View Distance - Lets you see really far away

5 crosshairs

entity wallhack

Chameleon Skins - Lights up the enemy in bright colors

Nosky - Removes the sky for better FPS

xqz2 wallhack

Nofog/smoke/flash - Removed so you can see better

Save / Load Function - Lets you keep your favorite settings one click away

Asus wallhack

Anti PB Screenshot - Keeps you from getting caught by delivering a clean screenshot

Now the question is what is being done to protect the players let me guess we have to govern our server via pbss which foremost about uselsess when as you can read above there SS will come out clean. BTW I don't believe everything I read on the net, but comes to hacks you can bet thier not lying as the scubs pay cash for their hacks. lol Just playing the devils advocate=/

Edited by WDA_OPTIMUSPRIME

But I'm willing to bet that a wider variety fo maps is one more thing that Ubishaft has already decided not to provide, and will have to come from within this community. And that's often been a better source of maps anyhow (no offense to developers).

I don't think it is as simple as this. But the conclusion remains the same. GriN negotiates with their developers for development time and resources (cash etc) and then they sit down in their planning meetings and decide where to best put their limited resources.

They probably make a priority list and I'm sure you are right to say that a rep from UBI has to approave their choices and balance.

I think GRiN got it just about right if they did what I think they did. In other words, with limited resoruces and time, i think they chose to build the infrastructure for Modders rather than add some more content but run short on the resources required for modders or the basee game function. or run short on game play mechanics.

It would seem they spent more time on infrastructure and core game play features and less time on content. considering their budgets and requirements for profit etc, I think they made the right choice. We will see in the next 60 to 90 days if I am right. If the mod tools come out and the killers like RPGhard and the rest of them get busy making great new content that excites us all, their strategy will prove to be right and GRAW2 will get long legs.

I would rather have great infrastrucutre that modders can run with rather than 6 more [GR] cop maps at release in a buggier game that no one can fix or mod.

I think GRiN has shown pretty smart strategy and finesse in this area. in 90 days, I think we will know If I am right or not.

Edited by Sleepdoc

You old timers will love :wub: this new GRAW2, I am not bull$hitting you one bit and I am not just saying this to build hype for the release. The map styles are so similar to the original GR, they will bring back fond memories of years past. This game is no comparison to the first GRAW....after playing both, GRAW2 is what we wanted to begin with. The Demo did not do GRAW2 justice!!

Thanks man, that's really good news! I've been telling my old GR teammates that this could very well be the game that brings us back to competition. If it's really this good, I hope it gets the anticheat and mod support that it needs to become a popular competition game like GR was. It's been 4 years since I played my last match, and I miss it now more than ever.