Hurry My Fellow N. Americans

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

since I see boGrin, use him for the time being :rofl:

Just got my copy from gamestop, they had three copies, one pre-ordered and two for general public.. shows what kind of sad state of affairs PC gaming is in, lady said that she doesnt even get most PC new releases.

Rest assured they got like 100 plus copies of GRAW 2 for the 360

anyway, i wont be on till tonight..!

I've asked this question elsewhere and goten no reply: Why would GoGamer be reporting "out of stock" on the first day of release to a customer who's had it on pre-order for three months? I'm baffled; I genuinely do not know where to find this game, today, in Los Angeles.

I've asked this question elsewhere and goten no reply: Why would GoGamer be reporting "out of stock" on the first day of release to a customer who's had it on pre-order for three months? I'm baffled; I genuinely do not know where to find this game, today, in Los Angeles.

My guess is that GoGamer did a bad bad thing. they took more pre orders than they could actually get shipped to them. And they managed them in a first come first served basis, but failed to tell you that you were not in the first batch. they may be trying to hold onto those pre order customers until their next batch comes in. This is just a thoery, but it implies sneaky ways to control customers that do not favor the customer......

Edited by Sleepdoc

Do Direct 2 Drive and stay out of the LA traffic.

I reserved my copy of GRAW2 yesterday at my local Gamestop. It should be arriving at the store at 1:00 pm when the UPS truck arrives to deliver more stock. I'll see you in the game later today. To kill time while I wait I am playing Rainbow Six Vegas because they just released the long awaited 1.05 patch for the game.

I reserved my copy of GRAW2 yesterday at my local Gamestop. It should be arriving at the store at 1:00 pm when the UPS truck arrives to deliver more stock. I'll see you in the game later today. To kill time while I wait I am playing Rainbow Six Vegas because they just released the long awaited 1.05 patch for the game.

i know - too bad the patch was crap... no true WS support grrr

Don't worry, I have my copy. Installing now.

Smith, Which store did you get it at? Wallmart ..etc ???

EBGames $10 overnight shipping FTW. :thumbsup:

I called all of the EBGames in town and no one has them yet ??? I thought the game got shipped yesterday to be released today. Man I want my GRAW2....

I feel for you about the lack of a couple of the most popular wide screen resolutions but I don't use a wide screen so the patch is pretty good to me. RSV is more stable now for me and now I can play mp without worrying about server crashes. Next they'll be releasing the red and black map packs for the pc version. It's all good to me. Anyway, I got my budweiser beer and am ready to celebrate when I install GRAW2 later today. :rocky:

Edited by Demanufakture

$49.95 + $10 shipping... $59.95...I'll go with my D2D setup. call me a penny pincher will ya! :rofl:

Can you please elaborate on the issues wit their WS support? specifics please.

well - in the patch notes it said that they now support widescreen, yet they seemed to have left out the two most common WS resolutions 1440x990 and 1680x1050.. also, the HUD is still in 4:3.

The hack for WS was better then their solution, but the HUD is still f-ed so the game in WS looks micky mouse and just a flat out cheap job....

$49.95 + $10 shipping... $59.95...I'll go with my D2D setup. call me a penny pincher will ya! :rofl:

Well they had a $5 off coupon available only on the day I set the pre-order, so $55 :P.

The patch did improve Vegas but the game concept was seriously flawed from the beginning and no amount of patches will make that game more than a novelty. My hope has been lost for the R6 series but GR is still going strong (thanks GRIN). Now quit talking about Vegas and come play GRAW 2. :).

The patch did improve Vegas but the game concept was seriously flawed from the beginning and no amount of patches will make that game more than a novelty. My hope has been lost for the R6 series but GR is still going strong (thanks GRIN). Now quit talking about Vegas and come play GRAW 2. :).

In an act of massive stupidity, I bought Vegas even though I didn't have the SM3-enabled vid card to run either it or the latest SPLINTER CELL game, another great franchise that has been ruined, apparently. I'm grateful to Grin for designing tac-shooters optimised specifically for the PC and to Ubisoft (I suppose) for distributing a "niche" product. However, on its day of release, nobody has the dang thing.

Yesterday, I stopped at my local EB and reserved a copy with their usual $5 fee.

Today i called to see if it was in. I was truly shocked to find out that my local branch, in a dense middle class neigborhood with tons of homes, only got ONE COPY.

Luckily, that copy is mine. The store guy said they arleady turned away 2 other people this morning who came in, buecase their only copy was reserved by me.

WHY WOULD AN EB IN THE MIDDLE OF A HUGELY DENSE RESIDENTIAL AREA ONLY GET ONE COPY ON RELEASE DAY?

ARE PC GAMES SUCH POOR SELLERS, OR IS THIS A REFLECTION OF EBs MAINLY CONSOLE SPECIFIC BUSINESS MODEL?

Maybe the head of pressure is releived at places like COMP USA, BEST BUY, WALMARTS and TARGETS?

Edited by Sleepdoc

ARE PC GAMES SUCH POOR SELLERS, OR IS THIS A REFLECTION OF EBs MAINLY CONSOLE SPECIFIC BUSINESS MODEL?

Maybe the head of pressure is releived at places like COMP USA, BEST BUY, WALMARTS and TARGETS?

its both, pc doesnt sell like a console and thus drives EBs business model of catering to the console... cant blame eb, afterall they go where the business is