port rest of the maps into coop play ?

Has anyone figured out how to port the rest of the maps into coop play?

We are getting bored of playing the same 3 maps on our dedicated server.

well you can unbundle your game bundle (patch.bundle) and locate the map in question, copy it to a "custom_levels"(if there is one), open the map, delete EVERYTHING on the map to the point where the game zone(red box) is left and add the zones where you want(spawn zones, enemy, game script etc..), edit items on the map as you see fit( I did it for the GRAW wharehouse map and REALLY made it a better map. but i can give you more detailed info to help you.

By the sounds of things might aswell get the 3 ORG coop levels ported to GRAW1

and bypass getting GRAW2 until its got more levels later on .

A lot of people and myself never bothered to play GRAW1 until the 1.35 patch came

out with the ORG mode. As a lot of people find Single player boring and GR/R6 games

are more enjoyable in coop mode WITHOUT AI and you can respawn without doing the level

over again .

If they actually made a map editor that worked for GRAW1 and 2

it would be good but this is another ubishaft game

hi all one of the big highlites for graw 1 was the [GR] maps..theres only 3 for graw2 are there any maps that have been ported or anything??

[Merged into existing thread(s) - Please check before starting new threads]

Edited by Pave Low

hi all one of the big highlites for graw 1 was the [GR] maps..theres only 3 for graw2 are there any maps that have been ported or anything??

Yea. its very very short on content. But here is my logic that gives GRiN a pass (and maybe even a compliment) on this if the following proves to turn out....

IF GRiN releases good mission development tools

and

IF GRiN decided to develop these tools and the new features of the coop environment (such as non linear objectives and rolling open terrains) rather than spend their time and resources on additional maps instead of the features they gave us

and

IF the mission dev tools which come out are good enough that the mod gods start making tons of sweet maps and mission for us...

Then...

GRiN rolled the dice in a world of limited resources and hit the mark . It would mean their strategy was the right one.

Time will tell. In 30-90 days, I'll know if this is true or not .....

Edited by Sleepdoc

:AW has 3 stock [GR] Co-Op maps + Editor, :AW2 has the same amount...and the promise of an Editor.

AW had an [GR] system that went point A to point B.

AW2 has a nonlinear objective based system with randomization of enemy and triggers for additional objectives and triggers for forward respawns.

I'm not being blind here NQ. I'm just saying that I think I see a strategy playing out. I could be wrong.

30-90 days will tell us if I am right or a sucker.

I have 2 dollars on the strategy I think I see playing out. I think GRiN came up with a path to satisfaction for people without exceeding their allotted resources. I guess your betting on me just being a hopelessly optimistic sucker?

Edited by Sleepdoc

Yea. its very very short on content. But here is my logic that gives GRiN a pass (and maybe even a compliment) on this if the following proves to turn out....

IF GRiN releases good mission development tools

and

IF GRiN decided to develop these tools and the new features of the coop environment (such as non linear objectives and rolling open terrains) rather than spend their time and resources on additional maps instead of the features they gave us

and

IF the mission dev tools which come out are good enough that the mod gods start making tons of sweet maps and mission for us...

Then...

GRiN rolled the dice in a world of limited resources and hit the mark . It would mean their strategy was the right one.

Time will tell. In 30-90 days, I'll know if this is true or not .....

Dream on, let see the facts;

GRIN are a developer that developed GRAW2 with a set of tools that exists (not make-believe) So you tell us why we got no tools? Is it

A) Because GRIN have to invent the tools they used, the tools that we were suppose to get?

b) We are not getting all the tools but a cut-down & restricted set of aids?

c) GRIN are still writing the tutorials for the tools that they use, but have to make it in simplified English?

Either way, delay, could mean anything inc. the point that this whole thing looses a lot of people. in 90 days it will be 21st October 2007. Frustration is building, we got a game with no real documentation, no tutorial on the in's & out's of the dedicated server. What is next?

And for porting, good luck. It be easier to start from scratch. Did anyone see the video tutorials that shows the crysis editor? that does look sweet, but has it got game play?

There are alot of question on this forum, mountains of speculation and very few answers

I guess your betting on me just being a hopelessly optimistic sucker?
No.

Actually Sleepdoc, I was addressing the OPs post; just pointing out the fact that the long list of :AW [GR] Co-Op maps were created by third parties with its editor.

And just like everybody else, I'm really looking foward to the :AW2 editor, as was promised.

After all, in this case what would affect one would affect all. ;)

Dream on.....

There are alot of question on this forum, mountains of speculation and very few answers

Now hang on Viiper. You tell me to dream on and then you seem to end your post by knowing that the conspricy cuasing lack of an editor is speculation.

So I would say we are on the same page except for one thing. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. its my nature. and after last summers patches to GRAW1, they earned my trust. They aint fast. but they are thorough......

That benefit runs out in 30 or so days..........

Remember. #0-90 was for the maps to start showing up. Not the editor. If the editor takes longer than 30 or so days, the momentum will be lost ...... again .......

But I'm not willing to speculate on why the editor is not ready for publi cconsumption. could be legal, could be documentation. Probably its something none of us would ever think of.

Remember. #0-90 was for the maps to start showing up. Not the editor. If the editor takes longer than 30 or so days, the momentum will be lost ...... again .......

That's what we all think but the 'momentum' is now not in 30-90 days and it was suggested that the tools we would get would be the same ones as GRIN were using? I must of miss read it all, you don't have to reinvent them, and finally if it is a legal issue, UBI only had 12 months to sort it? NO ?

I don't doubt grin but I say all the time after release is the most valuable and it's ticking by. Do you really think this enthusiasm will last? (we will see). Look at the dedicated server, it has problems but it was tested, it should of been part of the beta or at least the MP demo. (probably a Ubi choice).

I don't doubt grin but I say all the time after release is the most valuable and it's ticking by. ............

Yea. I know. Its tough to stay positive in the world of PC gaming. And yet. somehow I manage to do it.

I'm gonna continue to give GRiN the benefot of the doubt for the next 30 days on the editor and tools. They said they were gonna relese them and I cannot imagine how it could help them if they don't.

Of course, there are a lot of things that are hard to imagine. thats the nature of what goes on behind closed doors in the corporate world of publishing and development.......

OK, so I just did a tiny bit of research. [GR] had 15 sp missions, and 5 mp maps. Funny, it seemed like SO much more than that. Maybe it was all the gametypes it supported. Desert siege reported to come out with 4 mp maps. Island thunder came out with 5 mp maps. That's 14 maps for the price of a game and 2 expansion packs.

I was surprised. Why does it seem like the GRAW2 maps are already getting old? Maybe it was because [GR] maps were so easy to make that one would come out every week? I really hope that GRAW2 will be easy to mod, because that is what gives life to the game. Or do they want us to pay for another game in a year?

Has anyone figured out how to port the rest of the maps into coop play?

We are getting bored of playing the same 3 maps on our dedicated server.

[GR] has 5 maps, but 2 of them are disabled, don't know why, but they work fine once enabled

([GR] hacienda & [GR] the dam).

uncomment the worldinfo path in the world_info.xml file, or add it when missing

<world_info path="/data/levels/common/coop_settings.xml type="coop">

</world_info>

</world_info>

ok done that and moved them into a folder in English\Data\Levels\*LevelName* and the maps are unavailable still. Is there something wrong there?

I have done a search but can not find the world_info.xml file.

Am I missing somthing?

**Never mind I figured it out. DOH

LOL... I did too, finally.

For those who don't want to research the method on their own, here's one method to make the edits referred to by Mirr a couple posts up :

</world_info>

• MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR "\Data" folder and "\bundles\quick.bundle" folders/files!

• Grab Nemon's 'bundle extractor" utility : GRAW-1 GR.Net Download Page Link
    (requires that you have Microsoft .Net version 2.0+ installed on your machine). Here are the basic directions for opening/extracting the .bundle files using Nemon's tool (copied from a post I can't find the link to now.... Sorry!)
    (partial excerpt!!)
    The Bundle Extractor was created by Nemon for the purpose of unbundling the core GR:AW files. Read this report by Beers to learn now to unpack the GR:AW files ready for modding.

GRAW Bundle Extractor
    .net framework 2.0

How To Use

READ the whole thing don't be lazy!

Part 1 (this is for people who want to obtain/ edit the xmls)

1. Download the Bundle extractor and .net framework from the above links.

2. The file you downloaded is an extracter

3. PLACE IT INTO Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Bundles

4. Double click on the bundlereader.exe and Open quick.bundle

5. Extract files into a new folder

6. Once extracted rename default quick.bundle to quick1.bundle (this allows the game to read off of a folder you are

about to create)

7. Next go to the DEFAULT directory of you GRAW folder and make a BACKUP of your data folder...

8. OPEN THE NEW quick.bundle folder (the folder you extracted!), inside copy all of the files and the new data folder into the GRAW directory

9. Now that you have your new data folder you need to open up the OLD data folder and copy those files (the new one is lacking movie files, etc) and paste them into the NEW data folder.

10. Now your game loads off of the NEW data folder.

• Edit the "world_info.xml" files in both the "\data\levels\OGR_dam" and "\data\levels\OGR_hacienda" folders as follows:
    ORIGINAL 

<!--<world_info path="/data/levels/common/coop_settings.xml" type="coop">

</world_info>-->
    EDITED

<world_info path="/data/levels/common/coop_settings.xml" type="coop">

</world_info>

• Save your work.

~~~

I *highly* recommend using the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler for enabling mods like this.

Get JSGME at this web-site. This is an excellent tool for enabling mods quickly and easily. I'm rather surprised it doesn't seem to see much use around here, considering the amount of mods (soon to be) out there.

Going off the directions above and using JSGME (follow install and backup directions from JSGME site), I placed the modded Data folder into a newly created "<GR:AW2 Path>\MODS\OGR_Dam_Hacienda_Enabled" folder. I'll report back on whether having those maps enabled works in multiplayer...

Success!

At least with hosting an "online server" with no one else joining, no idea how the maps play out. These maps were included but locked out for a reason.

Anyway, the method above works to unlock the maps. Be fore-warned that game start-up and loading is a good deal slower using a full "Data" folder instead of having the 'quick.bundle' file available to load from.

A few "proof of concept" screen-shots :

Edit:

Adding a little download link with directions and the edited/modded "world_info.xml" files : DIRECT DOWNLOAD LINK : 4 kb .zip file. Read the "readme_first.txt" file!!

Edited by Satoh

Unfortunately, this requires the clients to do the same and unbundle the quick bundle or they show as not having the map. Without an editor, we cannot rebundle the maps and have them accessible for those who do not want to unpack their quick.bundle file. I'm not sure if it would matter anyway since there is no custom maps directory either so it's a moot point for most players.

This is unfortunate as I would have like to play them, but will not sacrifice playing in stock servers with the AC enabled just to play these 2 maps.

I swear I'm still struggling to understand the logic and all the supposed "positives" behind putting everything in the quick bundle like it was in GRAW.... It seems to handicap more than help...

Unfortunately, this requires the clients to do the same and unbundle the quick bundle or they show as not having the map.

True.

On the flip side, having un-done the quick.bundle to unlock the two maps does *not* interfere with playing on other servers. It's not a cheat or modded map or mod in the real sense, since it's simply an unlocking of maps that are already in the game.

Without an editor, we cannot rebundle the maps and have them accessible for those who do not want to unpack their quick.bundle file. I'm not sure if it would matter anyway since there is no custom maps directory either so it's a moot point for most players.

True again. I'd be willing to bet that within a week or so people will be looking for some new territory to go stomping through and might just be willing to sacrifice half an hour to open two new maps that play quite well as far as I can tell (been all the way through both without any hiccups).

Yeah, it's just two more co-op maps, maybe one more week before folks start learning the exact spawn point of every tango on the maps (as is already the case with the three default co-op maps).

The one downside to having the quick.bundle's "data" folder extracted out is the slower loading time of the game. To be honest, I think it's because I only took the "data" folder, and not the whole contents of quick.bundle. I was hoping to avoid having a 3gb key to unlock those two maps. Which reminds me... I need to test if having only the edited world_info.xml files in the "Data" folder structure, while maintaining the stock "quick.bundle" would work. More testing, please! :)

This is unfortunate as I would have like to play them, but will not sacrifice playing in stock servers with the AC enabled just to play these 2 maps.

As I mentioned above, this does not affect your playing on the stock servers. At least it hasn't affected my play on several different [GR] style co-op servers.

I swear I'm still struggling to understand the logic and all the supposed "positives" behind putting everything in the quick bundle like it was in GRAW.... It seems to handicap more than help...

You and I and a lot of other folks wonder the same thing. ;)

Which reminds me... I need to test if having only the edited world_info.xml files in the "Data" folder structure, while maintaining the stock "quick.bundle" would work. More testing, please!
Just as in :AW all you need to include is the revised file; no need for the entire unpacked directory, or for that matter, to add files into the games main data directory.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\English\levels\ogr_dam\world_info.xml

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2\Local\English\levels\ogr_hacienda\world_info.xml

Are you absolutely certain this will not affect players from playing on AC enabled servers? Because I thought it would if you had extracted them. I also noticed the DRAMATIC slowdown in loading times. Especially when launching the server and when changing maps. This was also a major concern and made me want to try this even less.