The winter retexture of "The Farm" ?

migryder

Biro informs me that he is pretty sure somebody has done a nice winter retexture of this map but he does not remember which mod it might be in.....I've tried some searching here with no luck so far...anybody know for sure and if so, where this winter texture of a great map can be located??

mig :ph34r:

Mig, I`ve sent a few PM`s out to peeps i know keep just about anything they find on discs. Checked about a few sites, but nothing so far. The Farm map is awesome, we play on it a lot. Hope you find it, and also look forward to seeing it in the Winter too.

Tinker

If the map was retextured as I mean it was, it has been done by CBA_Bludawg. He have released some kind of winter mod, but I'm not 100% sure if the map is in it. Couldn't find the download link either, but his clan homepage is http://www.cba-clan.com/. Can look a bit more later tonight if you can't find it.

thanks Biro! I've heard he also did a really nice winter Docks map too! I've definitley got to find his work...willcontinue to search...

edit - his winter mod is on site dl list....I've registered for the forum but must wait for an Admin to email me, after which I will try and PM him...

edit - found his addy in a reply to Richmondskin's query about winter maps here, so I have made an attempt through that to get in touch.....I now remember it was Richmondskin who informed me of his nice work on Docks..

OT... but does anyone know if "The Mill" map was finally patched into the Alpha Squad mod?

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...15193&st=60

I thought it was a nice-looking map then, I still do now. Especially now I've got my modding boots on occasionally...

Thanks for any advice, Biro and others!!

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule

No, The Mill map was about 80%-90% done when I lost interest in GR modding. I regret now that I didn't finish it as it was a pretty nice map. Maybe you will see it in GRAW2 instead...who knows... :whistle:

No, The Mill map was about 80%-90% done when I lost interest in GR modding. I regret now that I didn't finish it as it was a pretty nice map. Maybe you will see it in GRAW2 instead...who knows... :whistle:

80 - 90% is still about 110 - 120% better than I could ever think of doing with mapmaking, Biro. Respect due :thumbsup:

Hail, ya mean I'm gonna have to buy GRAW2 to go fishin' on a GR map?! :rolleyes:

Theo

Edited by TheoRetiKule

Don't thank me Tinker, thank Bludawg, people like sleeper who helped him along the way and did some of the creations as well folks like Biro,Battlebourne. and RSE who created various maps that he retextured....Bludawg is from Wyoming and has a thing for snow cover...

BTW - you won't be able to simply copy the map folder of The Farm or Woodland maps over to another mod folder, too many shared textures...be sure also to read the readme file..info regarding modding use and MP play...oh and let me take a moment to recognize CBA-Taz for helping me get in touch with Bludawg and get access to their download..

thanks for offering to get that uploaded too...

Thanks Mig and Tinker!!

Will d/l as soon as I can... in the meantime, is that legendary Frozen Swamp map in there to look forward to, the one richmondskin used to talk about for his own winter campaign mod?

If so, Arctic Storm might just have to get another mission :wall:

:thumbsup:

Theo

yes it is Theo.....along with SP Docks, POW dusk, SP Castle(EDIT), mo2 Farm day, MP Battlefield day, Mountain, Vilnius, etc, etc...

swamp -

ScreenShot31.jpg

btw - many of these maps use the snow mnts sky box created by Deleyt for Bludawg...it really pops the maps as I found out when using it for Lancer/sleeper's RRBridge...oh and CMH/sleeper's WSV, a retexture of which is also in this mod...so many cool maps, so much time already spent on P2...

seguey - I was scripting a mission on Bludawg's BigCastle yesterday and this morning when I discovered that frags or launched projectiles will sometimes merely disappear under the surface?????? :wacko: Imagine my disappointment when I realized it would be too unfair to use this, before I found out I was smiling about the BTR90 sitting on that hill....hehe I even had spent a great deal of time preparing a cinematic that would set up the mission on RRBridge - Traveling Bears...boo hoo.. I don't get it since this is an RSE map...what-ta-&^$@!?

if you have dld the mod, open the Big Castle map, take a grenade launcher and a kit with frags....use either several times, if you get what I got, you'll see the first frag or gl round work just fine, maybe even a few, but before you get too far along tossing these projectiles, you'll see them simply go right through the floor and probably not explode, or explode just beneath the surface making that same sound it does when you hit something like a destroyed veh...in other words if there is a group of tangos or a soft skin veh, you won't hurt it or them with a ground splash...

Yep, that`s weird. On Insert i fired all 6 nades at the ground and all went straight through the surface never to be seen or heard of again! Now the map is simply re-textured. Not sure what has caused this mig, have looked at the rsb files in the editor, but nothing to show.

Stumpted :wacko:

Tinker

Yep, that`s weird. On Insert i fired all 6 nades at the ground and all went straight through the surface never to be seen or heard of again! Now the map is simply re-textured. Not sure what has caused this mig, have looked at the rsb files in the editor, but nothing to show.

Stumpted :wacko:

Tinker

I have PMs out to a few of the map wizards.........

the big shame is that this is one beautiful snowy retexture...the clothes were removed from the outdoor clothes line too...the sky box gives it a new dimension...

:ph34r:

Ok I think this is an easy one. The w_groundcolordmm06_castle.rsb needs to be retagged. I cant' imagine how it got tagged wrong but it did. Use the rsb editor and uncheck the gunshot and grenade transparency boxes and save the rsb. Also just to be safe delete the .sht file for the map and let the game generate a new one. You may want to check some of the other maps for this same problem with the textures. This map looks great I just wish he would have kept more of the "lighting" in.

thanks sleeper.....cobaka replied to a PM and pointed this out as well, sorry I forgot to inform you...I did not delete the .sht file though...so maybe I will, although it seems to be working ok now...the world is a bit stark, but I do like it overall...I noticed that a helo shadow that was intermittent in the cinematic is now consistent...I've not come across anymore of those transparent effects.... I've tested a few maps prior to repairing this one....I'll go through and check all the ground rsb files though...still mulling over that issue with The Farm and Ossetian Woodland....