Guns and mates

Okay, so in GRAW 2, we have a whole bunch of different guns, like the M416 or RX4, and each one of them have certain values underneath the different stats like impact, stability, length, etc.

Now, my question is this: many of the guns have EXACTLY the same stats in every category. Like the M416 and RX4. So is there a difference between the abilities of these guns, or are they just different models for basically the same thing?

What implications do length of the gun and the velocity (and caliber) of the bullets have in the game (not in real life, in the game)? Are these values included just to please the die-hard gun lover?

What's your favourite gun setup for the 2 main situations that exist in the game: wide, open spaces and "closed/packed" spaces; and why is the said gun your favourite for the situation in question? Does your choice for a gun change depending on whether you're playing MP or SP?

What about a secondary weapon, do you ever equip one unless you're a sniper? Why or why not?

What weapons do you generally equip on your AI teammates? Which AI team members do you usually select to accompany you? Does your selection change depending on the situation at hand, on who you like, or do you just go with the default teammates set for different missions?

I'm interested in reading your guys' responses.

But why do you guys choose these guns? The impact? The accuracy? What?

And what about the guns with stats that are exactly the same? Are they just the same thing with different models, or do they have totally different characteristics?

Also, why do you use the silencer Wolfsong?

Edited by bullslink

And what about the guns with stats that are exactly the same? Are they just the same thing with different models, or do they have totally different characteristics?

They do have some differences as they use different animations. Reload speed as well as recoil in the different stances are built into the animations. But it would be minimal difference for weapons like the Rx4 and M416.

They do have some differences as they use different animations. Reload speed as well as recoil in the different stances are built into the animations. But it would be minimal difference for weapons like the Rx4 and M416.

It feels like the 416 has a much better stability than the Rx4 - or is that just me? I played the multiplayer demo A LOT and I really really hated the Rx4 due to the tunnel vision and the narrow scope angle, so maybe I'm still kinda biased against this gun ;) The 416 feels a lot better, it just feels "right" the way the SCAR-L did in GRAW 1. Is it true that you guys downgraded the SCAR-L somewhat b/c it was so powerful in GRAW 1 (great stability, long range etc...) Also, could you GRIN guys please post the weapon statistics you have implemented? I loved that in GRAW 1.....

BTT: in open environments, I use the MSG a lot - just nothing beats a semiautomatic sniper rifle. The MP5 is ok for the close work, but the way I play, I'll sneak up to the guy and nail him with a silenced pistol, so I very seldom use the MP5 at all. The MP8 - na, I just don't like the look of it ;)

In cramped spaces/CQB, it's the HK416 for me (hehe, German engineering!) - it feels more stable than the Beretta and looks way better. Plus I feel that its accuracy for long range shots is slightly superior.

If I had to pick one weapon, it would be the 416. Very versatile, perfect for the sniper/assault mix!

I played the multiplayer demo A LOT and I really really hated the Rx4 due to the tunnel vision and the narrow scope angle, so maybe I'm still kinda biased against this gun ;)

That has changed as seen in the SP Demo for instance.

Yeah, a good thing! I don't really like this gun, the 416 feels better. It packs more of a punch, it seems. Can you post the weapon stats you used to define the individual weapons here? Just wanna see if my impression is right...

Edited by Buzz314

Mission campaign

I have a basic kit

M14, silencer

MP5-SD

Frags

Smoke

Zeus

No side arm.

I'm usually full in or full out play.

Multiplayer it's the map terrain & mission that dictates, alone with my team of friends

Normally SCAR but I'm flexible and can handle most except the chain support stuff

SCAR-L+Aimpoint+GL

MP5SD

Nades

for non-stealth missions

M416+Aimpoint+Silencer

M9

Nades

ZEUS

for stealthy missions

M14+Scope+Silencer

MP5SD

ZEUS

for long-range missions

I usually pack the squad with the M14 if I don't carry it and one MK46 on non-stealthy missions. Otherwise its usally M416 or SCAR-H with GL

Edited by Cirap

The RX4 has the nicest scope and reticule I think. The model itself looks silly though.

I like the 416. It looks mean and businesslike. Proper intimidating.

Is there any reason to give most of your guys SMGs? I just whack suppressors on their rifles and save the weight for missiles unless I am bringing an MG.

The MGL seems to be a waste of space most missions. The fire rate is pants. A rifle with a UGL seems just as much use in the hands of an AI.

Edited by spm1138

Is there any reason to give most of your guys SMGs? I just whack suppressors on their rifles and save the weight for missiles unless I am bringing an MG.

in some of the missions i nearly went out of ammo. a secondary weapon comes in handy in that situation. plus i use the mp5sd in cqb-like environments on full-auto/burst when target-distances are short.