Any plans for new content in future patches ?

I know this might be a long straw, but is there any chance for new content, like the Xbox360 version, hitting the PC ? In terms of new weaponry, map packs, different player models...stuff like that ?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer ("No") but I thought it might be worth asking.

Either way, great stuff so far GRIN, really enjoying it, except for when my team mates are stuck on a building or on each other and can't manoeuvre the battlefield, or lack of different optics for the rifles and light machine guns.

If this has already been brought up, sorry, just delete this.

(I guess it's also dependent on length of support as well)

Edited by Ballistic

I know this might be a long straw, but is there any chance for new content, like the Xbox360 version, hitting the PC ? In terms of new weaponry, map packs, different player models...stuff like that ?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer ("No") but I thought it might be worth asking.

In terms of new weaponry (NO) , map packs (NO) , different player models (and NO again) ...stuff like that ?

Me thinkz big no all round, but on the Yes team;

The Modders, Mappers & Model'ers if we get the tools, to the real question is?

In terms of new Editor, Tutorials, example material (How to) ...stuff like that? Now your talking, I mean wouldn't you like to make your own?

I found this in a IGN interview:

IGN: What downloadable content can we expect to see following the launch?

Nouredine Abboud: We are planning on bringing some downloadable content after launch but, right now, we can't get too specific because we'd like to keep it secret. What we can say is that the way the community uses the maps and content we give them at launch will affect how we react, as it was with GRAW 1. We brought in new modes when the community wanted them.

:shifty:

Edited by Hockeystick

IGN: Do you have plans to support the modding community?

Nouredine Abboud: There will be a map editor. The idea is to give the community access to the same tools as the development team, and give them the same amount of control.

This I want to see, I'd love the same amount of control, the ability to force the port to a diffrent one from default. I'd love the same tools but this is a wait and see situation ;)

IGN: What downloadable content can we expect to see following the launch?

Nouredine Abboud: We are planning on bringing some downloadable content after launch but, right now, we can't get too specific because we'd like to keep it secret. What we can say is that the way the community uses the maps and content we give them at launch will affect how we react, as it was with GRAW 1. We brought in new modes when the community wanted them.

I don't think this inc. new character skins, this implies sometime in the future, say 3 months.

I found this in a IGN interview:

full credits for digging this one up Hockeystick, nice :)

To be frank this will definatly depend on Ubisoft France, they will pay for the xtra content.

Its up to the paying public increase the pressure on Ubisoft 1. to patch the game to its best playable level.

2. Add more content to increase the playabillity and prolong the games timeframe.

This will depend on how the game is recieved by us the paying public and how much we push for improvements.

Looking at the game now I would pay for an expansion pack in a heart beat.

Looking at the state of the game on release & now ( a few days on), I would pay for an expansion pack too, because this game has the sprinkle of magic (Recon) in it's DNA but I would like some (all the), tools to play around with the GRAW2 DNA :yes: . On a lighter note, it's GRAW USA today! here come the yanks :rocky:

Here come the Yanks, indeed. I mostly stayed away from GRAW, but after doing the SP demo, I'm back to Ghost Recon baybee! :devil:

In my humble opinion this is now the king of military sims. As somebody said a while back, it's [GR] with high tech frills. I'm on the last mission and have enjoyed every bullet, nade, airstrike, wound and lights out. It's magic :thumbsup:

There are a few niggles and the one's that bug me most are: random loss of sound, mostly the vid feed and both team and support items not responding to commands.

Oh and yeah, NOT ENOUGH MISSIONS!!!

Also, thanks Grin for the quicksaves, excellent!

Edited by tecmic

Two things that I would like to see (back) in the game are...

1: The ability to pick up spare ammo from dropped weapons; A: The Mule is a scripted element and even when it is fielded, it is not (so far) very user-friendly (can't always keep up) and can't be depended on being available; B: The weapon types (of both sides) use similar magazines; and C: You might have a necessary attachment to your current weapon. Those and (some of) the ridiculously low mag counts set in the inventory are reason enough to include a either a scrollable option or an additional action/use binding ingame to choose whether you just want a splash and go or if you want a whole new model.

2: The ability to move around, fire, etc., while viewing your teammates feeds via the Cross-Com 2.0. You should be able to make basic reactions to what is being displayed without being immobile or having to toggle out.

And for good measure, something that is still missing from the :AW series...3: Binoculars.

@noquarter

bo has (i think it was bo) explained that the mule is a mule, keep it on a leash it is stupid in navigation you have to do it for it, small distances between waypoints and many waypoints or long waits and prayers it does not get stuck flips over or goes home....

keep it on the road and for example in quarry, don't let it ride the banks

it will flip over.