bullet penetration

i noticed that there is now a setting for both sniper AND rifle penetration, but none of the rifles have said penetration applied to them. i tried to do it, but to no avail.

from sb_templates>sb_weapon_data.xml:

<var name="weapon_penetration_type" type="number" default="0"/> <!-- how a weapon penetrates; 0 = normal (0m), 1 = sniper (1m), 2 = rifle (variable with max_penetration) -->

<var name="max_penetration" type="number" default="10"/> <!-- penetration value in cm for penetration_type=2 weapons -->

<var name="penetration_chance" type="number" default="2"/> <!-- 1/x chance of penetration for penetration_type=2 weapons -->

from the barrett weapon file:

<var name="weapon_penetration_type" value="1"/> <!-- will penetrate walls -->

so i take the above line, paste it into the m14 xml file and change the value to 2. no effect. hmm.

i also messed with the penetration_chance and max_penetration quite a bit and had no luck.

i noticed that there is now a setting for both sniper AND rifle penetration, but none of the rifles have said penetration applied to them. i tried to do it, but to no avail.

from sb_templates>sb_weapon_data.xml:

<var name="weapon_penetration_type" type="number" default="0"/> <!-- how a weapon penetrates; 0 = normal (0m), 1 = sniper (1m), 2 = rifle (variable with max_penetration) -->

<var name="max_penetration" type="number" default="10"/> <!-- penetration value in cm for penetration_type=2 weapons -->

<var name="penetration_chance" type="number" default="2"/> <!-- 1/x chance of penetration for penetration_type=2 weapons -->

from the barrett weapon file:

<var name="weapon_penetration_type" value="1"/> <!-- will penetrate walls -->

so i take the above line, paste it into the m14 xml file and change the value to 2. no effect. hmm.

i also messed with the penetration_chance and max_penetration quite a bit and had no luck.

dont change the value at all

don't change the weapon_penetration_type value? then how would i go about setting the m14 to use the rifle penetration rather than the sniper penetration (which is way too powerful)?

i never heard of rifle penetration, try doing what i said by not changing the value and leaving it as it was when you extracted it, see if it works then holla back.

if your asking where you put the node <var name="weapon_penetration_type" value="1"/> make a units folder and inside the units folder have a folder called weapons, extract the unit xml for the m14 then go inside the m14 xml, go down to where it sais suppressive or suppressed fire or something like that, right below the last line put in below the last "suppressive" node with a space . Its the only node that sais suppressive or suppressed fire im not totally sure because when i do weapon penetration to my weapons i just look for the small land marks, i dont really pay attention to most things.. A.D.D.

If you cant find it just copy and past the whole xml in this post and i'll reply with where you should put it.

just

Edited by sniggle666

well, like it shows in my original post, rifle penetration is apparently a newly added feature, or at least it is implied as such in the sb weapons xml file. this is apparently achieved by giving weapon_penetration_type a value of 2 instead of 1. like i said, this didn't work, which either implies that the max_penetration or penetration_chance values are not set up properly, or that the feature was not included in the game because it was unfinished.

or perhaps i've missed a step entirely, which has been happening a lot lately.