Patch install error

Well, game only arrived this morning! Joined MP to be told there was a patch available. Downloaded and installed fine, had no issues this morning playing. However, just tried MP again and i was told there was another patch available. Downloaded fine, but then i had this message:

graw_patch_02.jpg

Any ideas?

Tinker

:wacko:

Well, game only arrived this morning! Joined MP to be told there was a patch available. Downloaded and installed fine, had no issues this morning playing. However, just tried MP again and i was told there was another patch available. Downloaded fine, but then i had this message:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/ti...aw_patch_02.jpg

Any ideas?

Tinker

:wacko:

I just came out of a MP coop game and exited the game and it told me there was a patch to upload. It warned me i would lose SAVED games but NOT UNLOCKED MISSIONS. Just been back in a MP game and no problems here Tinker :huh:

Well I keep getting the prompt each time i try. If i download it won`t install. If i say no, I have a limited number of servers in my list. Sure it`s something simple.

Tinker

*EDIT*

Forwarded PC Specs to the relevant persons.

Well I keep getting the prompt each time i try. If i download it won`t install. If i say no, I have a limited number of servers in my list. Sure it`s something simple.

Tinker

It's on the news page now so if anyone else get's the same issue we should hear about it.

Maybe you are going to end up reinstalling ALL your GR games at this rate Tinker 0:)

Tinker

It's on the news page now so if anyone else get's the same issue we should hear about it.

Maybe you are going to end up reinstalling ALL your GR games at this rate Tinker 0:)

:o Thats just being crule Rocky :rofl:

what was the patch supposed to fix? each patch usually or used to tell you what has been fixed? I'm just curious.

when I get my copy, do I install the patch or let it go? :hmm:

ok, one of my mates in Europe just sent me his patch.txt file I now know what the patches contain and I'm content on buying GRAW2 when I get the money.

=======================================================================

Changes and fixes in v 1.02

- Fixed some issues with server listing

Changes and fixes in v 1.01

-Speedhacking antimeasure added.

-Fixed bugs and occasional crashes.

-Added server sorting to the server tab.

-Added favorites to the server tab.

-Fixed coop order commands if the server died and client became leader.

-Fixed "Unnamed" Loyalists for clients in coop.

-Fixed friendly markers for clients in coop

-Fixed some gui alignment bugs

-Fix for crouch leaning.

-Fixed some Saving / Loading bugs.

-Fixed some scoring issues in Multiplayer.

-Interface fixes.

Edited by Papa6

what was the patch supposed to fix? each patch usually or used to tell you what has been fixed? I'm just curious.

Install it first, if you wait until later you will lose any campaign quick saves. But yeh, now you mention it, a readme of content would be good.

Install it first, if you wait until later you will lose any campaign quick saves. But yeh, now you mention it, a readme of content would be good.

Both the readme.txt (for each language) and the patch_history.txt in the GRAW2 root are updated with the changes.

Both the readme.txt (for each language) and the patch_history.txt in the GRAW2 root are updated with the changes.

Ah cool, thanks. I'll use that info when I get around to creating download entries here for the patches (for anyone who needs to manually download them).

My bad :pirate:

:shuriken:

All fine now :thumbsup:

I uninstalled the Demo`s today, unfortunately they hold the same registry keys and...were deleted.

Re-installed and all fine. :D

So, if you have installed GRAW2 and still have any of the Demo`s installed, well this will happen to you to if you uninstall them.

REMOVE DEMO`S BEFORE INSTALLING THE GAME

Tinker

:rolleyes:

Yepp I confirm this. Remove the DEMO and then install the GAME - same registry was used.

My bad :pirate:

:shuriken:

All fine now :thumbsup:

I uninstalled the Demo`s today, unfortunately they hold the same registry keys and...were deleted.

Re-installed and all fine. :D

So, if you have installed GRAW2 and still have any of the Demo`s installed, well this will happen to you to if you uninstall them.

REMOVE DEMO`S BEFORE INSTALLING THE GAME

Tinker

:rolleyes:

Changes and fixes in v 1.02

- Fixed some issues with server listing

Changes and fixes in v 1.01

-Speedhacking antimeasure added.

-Fixed bugs and occasional crashes.

-Added server sorting to the server tab.

-Added favorites to the server tab.

-Fixed coop order commands if the server died and client became leader.

-Fixed "Unnamed" Loyalists for clients in coop.

-Fixed friendly markers for clients in coop

-Fixed some gui alignment bugs

-Fix for crouch leaning.

-Fixed some Saving / Loading bugs.

-Fixed some scoring issues in Multiplayer.

-Interface fixes.

I tried to apply the patch to our dedicated server and i got this message " the game version is to old for this patch, installer will exit" ????

Our server is running patch 1.01..

Anyone else got this ?

I am uninstalling and installing the server again and maybe then i can install the patch.

I will let you know.

EDIT : That worked.. : EDIT

Edited by Rhoov

I'd like to thank the person on the news page who posted the tip for US gamers to deleted any demos on our computers. I just did it and I'm going up to ebgames today to pick up my copy.

That was Tinker who first reported the issue and GRIN that figured out what happened, so thanks to Tinker for sharing the problem!

I could uninstall the MP demo with no problems but for some reason I could not uninstall the SP demo. The uninstaller kept hanging up and I waited like 20 minutes for it. I ended up just deleting the folder and then run a reg cleaner.