pre-load a hoax?

not sure if anyone knows or cares about the supposed ability to pre-load the game before the 18th release by purchasing through the ubisoft store... i purchased and my account page has a download button which will not work.

sent ubisoft a support ticket and have not got a real response yet...useless auto reply

if anyone else has had this problem or if someone knows if this is false advertising of the pre-load, please let me know

my main concern is not so much having the game loaded early, but whether i need to worry it wont work on the 18th or not...

Edited by sickofitall

This account page and the link for the download will only work when the game is released as per any documentation you have recieved or insrtuctions on the page.

per which document?

http://digitalstore.ubi.com/178/3994/produ...Order)-Download

it describes at top that u can pre-load and be ready to go on 18th, then at bottom it goes into detail on the process.

both purchase verification emails i recieved say nothing about the supposed pre-load.

Keep us informed mate, but until the 18th has come and gone don't worry about it. I mean, it wouldn't be like Ubisoft to make a mess of it :whistle:

exactly rocky, this is my concern for a download service i have never used before (always us D2D) and only was baited into by the claim at http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/graw2/ clearly represented there (it says PRE-LOAD)

at that point i had no idea the same offer was available at D2D, so i have reservations about their system when they are clearly represented a pre-load option to avoid server overload at time of release, which i wish to avoid as well.. and it doesnt work at all.

if i have to go to D2D on day of release i will be quite upset and expect a full refund from the ubisoft store.

btw colin i run xp sp2 and had zero problems with all the demos

Edited by sickofitall

:hmm:

He`s got a point. Taken from the Pre Order process:

Buy Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 (Pre-Order) now. Before you know it you'll be playing your new download! You will go through a brief checkout process, then you will be able to immediately start downloading your new game from Ubisoft.

Here

Keep us informed, I'd love to hear how it goes, I hope it works for you.

I have not read the agreement, but the way preload usually works is the file is released in advance of the retail release but it time locked until launch day.

Good luck, let me know.

Edit > just checked Tinks repsonse - you need to get a proper reply from Ubisoft - you should have that file by now according to that.

I would like to know what you find out also. Stores in my area don't always get games on the day of release so I usually end of getting a digital download version. It would be nice if it would actually PRE-LOAD like it says instead of waiting for the download on the day or release.

Any update sickofitall?

well not from ubisoft, no surprise...but i asked D2D if they cant produce it either yet and they said that ubisoft has not given it to them yet, so they are waiting for ubi like me. about 36 hours till release date and no one has a "pre-load" that has been falsely advertised since end of may... so how does it qualify as a pre-load? who knows...

i guess its possible they are fixing all the bugs that europe has been reporting so i will get a refined version and thus must wait, i think i'll hope for that.

Edited by sickofitall

I'm glad I decided not to use the "pre-load" from Ubisoft. I'd be sweating bullets right now. I hope it works out for you sickofitall.

tx, but it seems this is a team effort with D2D in on the hosting of d/l's ...so i imagine D2D wont let em screw this up lol

I'm glad I decided not to use the "pre-load" from Ubisoft. I'd be sweating bullets right now. I hope it works out for you sickofitall.

tx, but it seems this is a team effort with D2D in on the hosting of d/l's ...so i imagine D2D wont let em screw this up lol

btw, this is the message i got from D2D....

We are waiting for the Ubisoft to release the digital download to us. The official release date for the PC version is 07/18/2007. As soon as the developers are ready to release the game, and we have verified everything is in order, we will begin preloading the game to our customers, whereupon you will be able to use the game.

The reason why you cannot download yet is because those files are yet to be released. It's not due to your PC, or your browser, it's simply because we do not have the files yet. As soon as we do, you will be able to pre load.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

btw, this is the message i got from D2D....

We are waiting for the Ubisoft to release the digital download to us. The official release date for the PC version is 07/18/2007. As soon as the developers are ready to release the game, and we have verified everything is in order, we will begin preloading the game to our customers, whereupon you will be able to use the game.

The reason why you cannot download yet is because those files are yet to be released. It's not due to your PC, or your browser, it's simply because we do not have the files yet. As soon as we do, you will be able to pre load.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

just got home and my pre-load is going. thank god..too bad its so slow, maybe if i had been able to do this earlier it wouldnt be. just happy i dont need to worry about just getting the damn thing...i will now have it.

sickofitall