Suggestions for GRAW 2 Gameplay Improvements

I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean what I wrote in my guide, I don't make my guides a detailed list of the positives and negatives of a game, just my overall impression - and so far overall I'm still quite impressed with GRAW 2 despite it's smaller issues. After all, a guide is about configuring the game, it's not a game review as such. I can't list all the individual bugs in a game, it would take up too much time and space, and also the bugs can vary based on system configurations.

If you mean the first post I made in this thread, I wrote that only a couple of days after starting playing GRAW 2, so I hadn't identified all the issues at that point.

Edited by PersianImmortal

Well things more obvious like the draw distance. it acts like a disability to snipers and all alike. but the server refresh is a problem and you're the the first to bring it up.

I liked the overall review but after it, i came across the problems afterwards. but I'm going to give Grin the benefit of the doubt for now.

Well things more obvious like the draw distance. it acts like a disability to snipers and all alike. but the server refresh is a problem and you're the the first to bring it up.

I liked the overall review but after it, i came across the problems afterwards. but I'm going to give Grin the benefit of the doubt for now.

He did talk about draw distance when he was discussing asepects of MP coop. That is a big beef of mine as well. I hate that the cheating AI can see me long before I can see them.

The problem in co-op is that the AI seem to be able to see you well beyond the draw distance. So playing on one co-op map last night (sierra I think it was), the enemy snipers were picking me and my team off at long distance, but when I zoomed on their location with my sniper sights, I could only see the occasional muzzle flash - the enemy themselves were invisible. Of course I shot where I thought they'd be, and sometimes I'd score a kill.

He did talk about draw distance when he was discussing asepects of MP coop. That is a big beef of mine as well. I hate that the cheating AI can see me long before I can see them.

The problem in co-op is that the AI seem to be able to see you well beyond the draw distance. So playing on one co-op map last night (sierra I think it was), the enemy snipers were picking me and my team off at long distance, but when I zoomed on their location with my sniper sights, I could only see the occasional muzzle flash - the enemy themselves were invisible. Of course I shot where I thought they'd be, and sometimes I'd score a kill.

100% truth. I think we are seeing that the Diesel 7 engine has it's limitations. what would happen if they up and just did away with th edraw distance shroud

one can download a small 23 MB fraps video of this draw distance issue:

http://files.filefront.com/draw+distanceav...;/fileinfo.html

Edited by Papa6

Apologies for the long post, and feel free to comment as you see fit guys :)

Comment:

Your list, my list, his list, what is wrong with using a list that is already running.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45132 just incase you missed one of many. Next time check this post out, 'ZJJ' spent alot of time making it, it's all the wish lists ever for GRAW2

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=45219

As for the maps on servers issue, why don't you play servers that don't run those maps, or ask the server admins if they thought about removing those maps. I'm sure admins like Roco have thought about it. On our server we run all those maps less FORT & CALVERA as they are in great demand, NOWHERE being one of the hardest with plenty of action.

MAPS that are old: CALVERA as it was the demo, FORT as it's too small.

Spawn killing; The only cure is admin policing of the server, spawn protect timer is only a small trinket, when custom maps are made there will be 2 types of servers, those that don't play them and those that do. Custom maps when made right offer things GRIN do not place into their maps, full spawn protection and multi spawn. till the editor comes, you'll have to bare it all.

Grenade spamming, like Rugg said, is a GR1, GRAW1 and GRAW2 issue, nothing new, you can not stop it only limit it, but that is a direct product of multiple respawn, play zero respawn, grenade launcher spamming stops.

Many of the issues you mention comes from the type of servers you play on, these servers are none policed, FFA servers with little or no voice communication and team play. You should try out the Teamhot guys server, they said in a thread that they play NO M99, NO GRENADE LAUNCHERS (when server side tools allow them to be switched off).

Personally I only play policed servers where the rules are set and the play is 99% tactical.

p.s. to ZJJ is your name a blacklisted word? I typed it and it was replaced :rofl:

I've mentioned this before, and I will mention it again: when I go to play GRAW 2 in Australia, most of the servers are empty. I don't have the ability to choose from dozens of servers. There are only really 4 or 5 populated servers at the most at any time that I can play on, many of them are often totally full, and only one of them is local (with a decent ping). So I, like many people, can't just simply find a server which has an admin, has specific maps, etc.

So please stop suggesting that I can somehow magically find a server out of the handful of ones that are available that somehow resolves all these issues, as in around 3 weeks of playing GRAW 2 I've yet to come across such a server. Once again, the issue is not about finding a server which suits my needs, it's about pointing out and resolving issues in the game which may need developer attention.

Finally, the link you provide to the existing thread is a thread that was posted after I started this thread. So technically I can't have possibly put my suggestions in that thread first.

Your right, my mistake, yours was the first one ;)

As for servers, someone said, you can play GRAW2 with a 500mS ping and it plays the same as ones with 30mS so the range of servers even from Australia is not that limited. As for servers where players go, most of us goto the populated servers and people leave and join all the time, so a full server is not full from morning till night.

If you limit yourself to local servers only, that will be a problem, I play on servers in the USA some 7 -10,000 miles away. Are there no populated servers in the US for you? Does anyone else have this problem?

p.s. here's the quote, I can't post it here as the thread is locked, but you can view it, it was by another player

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=481391

It doesn't play the same viiiper, what it does is register that you hit the target and give you a second or so before the target falls. This leads one to wonder whether or not they hit a target, especially a partially concealed one. The other problem with this is that it sometimes makes it seem like you were shot through a rock or wall. It's not as bad as games used to be in this regard, but it is definitely a pain to deal with when you have a higher than usual ping.

It doesn't play the same viiiper, what it does is register that you hit the target and give you a second or so before the target falls. This leads one to wonder whether or not they hit a target, especially a partially concealed one. The other problem with this is that it sometimes makes it seem like you were shot through a rock or wall. It's not as bad as games used to be in this regard, but it is definitely a pain to deal with when you have a higher than usual ping.

All hit calcualtions and bullet paths are done on the server. The delay would be caused by the delay in data transfer from server and then up until your screen is rendered.

I understand but certain members posted that there is no difference ie: MorphingJar He said so in the post link I gave, Believe me I've had similar, but he is positive there is no difference. I find GRAW2 more playable than GRAW1, the net data is better, bandwidth is higher.

I don't limit myself to local servers. When I say there are only 4 or 5 populated servers, I mean in my entire server list for the world, not just my region. There is only 1 local server, and around 4 international servers which are populated, and I still wind up usually playing on an international server like the BDA one, or the Core server. The rest are completely empty, or are locked, or maybe have 1 player on them.

I'm not bothered by playing with a higher ping. GRAW 2 is fine in compensating for pings by making sure that you hit what you see on your screen. Someone with a lower ping does have an advantage in that technically they can see you earlier than you can see them by a fraction of a second (i.e. 400ms ping vs. 50ms ping means he sees me 1/3 of a second earlier than I see him), but tactics can overcome that, plus there's no real fix for something like that anyway, it's just a fact of life when playing an online game.

So the issue again returns to the fact that just finding the right server doesn't resolve issues like spawn camping, and various glitches and bugs, since most of the time I don't have any real choice in the server on which I play. As the thread Graw 2 dying? indicates, other people are also finding it hard to find active servers as well, so it's not just me.

Edited by PersianImmortal

My suggestions are,

Make the demo guy have 1 GL HE round ( the assault guy only has 1 HE grenade ), fused for time and/or distance, and/or sights for greater accuracy and lesser accuracy when used unsighted, in this case leave at 2.

Make Spawn protection a zone, if your enemy enters that zone they die, reference - BF series.

They need a radio with basic stuff like - enemy spotted, stop, grenade etc for those who dont use ingame voip, so many times other players run past me into a line of bullets because I had no way to communicate with them (convert crosscom single player commands to multiplayer messages). Some additional/optional hand signals would be good fun, as not everyone clues onto who is communicating to them even though they may be right in front of you, hand signals would easily identify the player communicating.

:)

Edited by sumguyhavinfun