GRIN at your service!

Hey Mr Ichabod.... great to hear the mild panic of the last coupla days was nothing to worry about. If you can let us know at some stage that there's a good chance you're going to add a decent number of extra [GR] maps in future patches (not overnight of course, but in the medium term), then you'll make a sale out of me... :)

Edited by smeagol77

I was planing on buying GRAW2 when it first came to Australia

and I am impressed that a game finaly came to Australia first but we would of been

happy with the same day release .

Few things that GRAW2 should support:

* PROPER STAND ALONE DEDICATED SERVER that DOES NOT need files from the RETAIL disc

No the server you have on the retail disc is not good enough , people that host games

dont want to have to copy files off the retail disc and have a server program that is 3 to 4 gig in size

and contains single player data .

Follow what EA Games have done for BF series , a small program that just hosts a server

in WINDOWs and LINUX

* Ping limit online - block anyone joining an online server with a ping over 150

(finaly block non-australians laging aussie servers)

* Allow users to install the game without physx drivers installing onto their computers

* Allow users to turn off IGA upon installing the game

* Allow users to NOT install Single player data at all for those that just play Multiplayer

and never single player

* Ping limit online - block anyone joining an online server with a ping over 150

What Aussie servers? GA haven't got their finger out of their bum to do such a thing. Visc is the only good Dedi Aussie server and thats rarely up, so by implementing this feature you are restricting Aussie's using Official USA servers which have no lag anyway and also restricting my online gaming because I'm on wireless and my ping is going to be over 150 anyway even on Aussie servers.

and I am impressed that a game finaly came to Australia first but we would of been

* PROPER STAND ALONE DEDICATED SERVER that DOES NOT need files from the RETAIL disc

No the server you have on the retail disc is not good enough , people that host games

dont want to have to copy files off the retail disc and have a server program that is 3 to 4 gig in size

Follow what EA Games have done for BF series , a small program that just hosts a server

in WINDOWs and LINUX

* Allow users to install the game without physx drivers installing onto their computers

* Allow users to NOT install Single player data at all for those that just play Multiplayer

and never single player

Agreed 100% This game needs all those features.

And as far as a ping limiter, what im sure he means is that the host can set the limit to your ping, so if you are over a xxx ping then you get booted. This keeps the server running smoothly.

LINUX support FTW.

in WINDOWs and LINUX

and never single player

We asked for SADS and we got SADS. They may not be ideal, but they work and don't require a CD-Key or video card.

PhysX is built into the game itself as assets use it when they are manipulated and if you don't have the PPU card, it runs in software mode.

SP and MP re-use alot of the same assets (buildings, models, animations, etc.) so both are needed to make the game run.

IGAs are a part of gaming nowdays. Take it or leave. Honestly I hardly ever notice them and I really don't see what possible harm they can do. It actually adds to the game if you ask me. I would rather see real ads rather than cheesy knock-off names made up.

These are some good points but minor ones IMO.