Mission 9: Codename Farallon

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I tried those RPG7s, not working with choppers. :ph34r:

They work. But the RPG7 is tricky. As they are not one shot one kill like the Predator, they have to do damage, and I've noticed they do more damage the closer to the center (pivot point) you hit the vehicle.

Thank you for the post Wolfsong.

GRAW2 Campaign is one of my fav. most played games.

Awesome work!

http://www.OldGhostClan.com

• 1 month later...

Did you have the time for modding the Farallon Mission? I'm still stuck in this mission and would appriciate some help :) solving this mission - which by the way is getting very annoying :(

What help do you need for this mission?

And I tried those RPG7s, not working with choppers. :ph34r:

They work. But the RPG7 is tricky. As they are not one shot one kill like the Predator, they have to do damage, and I've noticed they do more damage the closer to the center (pivot point) you hit the vehicle.

I can confirm for you that they DO work at some point. I've shot down at least one of the choppers with RPG's before. At least, I did in an unpatched version. IF that changed with any of the updates, I wouldn't know...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, now I am running around looking for a phantom enemy. Been at it for hours. Best thing to do is start again I presume?

LouP

Well here we go again. No one is around :(:angry: I looked in every nook and cranny and keep reaching the point where I am told to go back or my hud will go down. Is it possible that the guy I am looking for has taken refuge where I am not allowed to go?? :wall:w00t

LouP :hmm:

Can you upload your saved game files. I believe i can pop them into my folder and see just were you are up to?

<_<

Thanks, I don't see a link to attach a file here. Where do I upload these files to and which folder do they reside in in my installation. I am going to keep looking some more but will check back here in a few minutes. Very strange :wacko:

LouP

After this last patch I was playing the border bridge mission and I get about half to 3/4th the way across and keep getting shot by an invisible enemy. The threat meter shows hes next to me, (below me) (center dot) but I can never find him.

Can you upload your saved game files. I believe i can pop them into my folder and see just were you are up to?

<_<

Hi Tinker,

E-mail just sent. If you find a merc in there, I will be very surprised and very embarassed lol. :hehe::blush:

LouP

<_<

Hi Tinker,

E-mail just sent. If you find a merc in there, I will be very surprised and very embarassed lol. :hehe::blush:

LouP

Worn out looking. :blink: There is someone missing at the entrance for sure, according to my actor map i made here.

Covered the place several times with no joy. :rolleyes:

Replayed mission from beginning, completed objective 01 "Secure the Entrance" which was your issue. Have sent save file, check your PM box here. You will start at the entrance with 4 man team, will need to clear out the compound again.

Sry to see these issues still in this game. I give my word, that whoever was left in your game, must of been hidden.

There`s no hiding from me. I`ve done this mission so many times for people because of this issue.

Anyhow, hope to enjoy the Helicopter`s.

Good luck.

:shifty:

I am so, SO glad that i found this thread here about this 9th mission in GRAw2, and how to get passt the 2 heli's.

for about 2 months i try to get them both down, the first one is no problem but the second one i simply couldn't kill at all. i have tried at least 30 times or so. every few days i tried again, and i played twice the whole mission again.

i have read ALL comments here about this subject and now i know how to succeed.

and it seems there is a 10th mission, i was already afarid that with killing both heli's graw 2 would end, seems i get another mission for the effort of succeeding mission 9, lol!)

thank you all guys, and what a great game GRAW 2 is!!!

leon

(a real shame i can't make levels with it as i do with other games. i like game editors where you can build with brushes, GRAW2 is more landscape with models. would have loved mapping with it otherwise, SP mapping that is)

(if your interested in my leveldesigns then please visit my site, and should you want to contact me then please do so on leonbrinkmann AT emailaccount PUNT com, i hardly ever use my hotmail account that i had to use here because it didn't recognise my emailaccount.)

LOVE GRAW2 (and 1)

my site;

http://www.leon.triplebit.nl/

Edited by SPY-maps

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for this borderline necro-post, but I recently had the opportunity (or rather misfortune) to play the later GRAW2 missions.

Apart from outright bugs and gliches, and maybe not knowing that your team can use the ZEUS against choppers via the "attack" order, I just don't understand why so many people have problems with this bit.

I died maybe 3 times on easy level before getting past the choppers: They always appear from the same direction, so look that way and prepare the attack order, then when it appears have the team mates kill it. Kill the second chopper with your own ZEUS (whipping it out in advance is advisable). Why bother with RPG's? And why not have everyone carry the ZEUS at all times? I guess I was lucky in having the team mates standing more or less in the middle of the road.

Seriously, I'm a pretty poor FPS gamer (really, I suck at it, I always play these games at the easiest difficulty setting), but this mission was one of the easier ones.

Respectfully

krise madsen

PS: It really bugs me the way helicopters in FPS games (it is by no means a GRAW-exclusive issue) always hover 30ft over your head and fires at you. I mean, which sane chopper pilot would park his gunship within point blank range of an enemy?

PS: It really bugs me the way helicopters in FPS games (it is by no means a GRAW-exclusive issue) always hover 30ft over your head and fires at you. I mean, which sane chopper pilot would park his gunship within point blank range of an enemy?

I blame it on the Ubification of games. There are boss battles in Vegas 2 that feature helicopters too. :blink:

NONE, you're right. M230 30mm gun on an AH-64 (A-D models, the gun never changed) has an unclassified range WAY outside all but the LONGEST sniper rifle ranges. Rockets? A couple kilometers. AGM-114C (the original, oldskool one) Hellfire missile? 6-8 Km, unclassified. The AGM-114F's we were loading in Albania in 1999 were considerably longer than that. The AH-64D Longbow's Fire Control Radar has an unclassified range WAY out there, in relative terms. Think of doing target handoffs for MLRS, and you start to see the (again UNCLAS) picture.

Problem is, games have to be fun. Can't go getting your backside handed to you by a helicopter outside the draw distance (which in GRAWGRAW2 is less than half the effective, open-sights range of an M16A1/A2). That would suck. Developers are tasked to put things in a more adventurous (if not completely fictional) context so that the Ritalin crowd can pay attention for more than three minutes. Personally, I'd rather they be left out. They usually only make for BOSS BATTLE pwnage anyhow. Hell, for reality's sake, you shouldn't even see a tank or APC at <147m. They've got some killer optics, those that were manufactured since like 1865...

Problem is, games have to be fun. Can't go getting your backside handed to you by a helicopter outside the draw distance (which in GRAWGRAW2 is less than half the effective, open-sights range of an M16A1/A2). That would suck. Developers are tasked to put things in a more adventurous (if not completely fictional) context so that the Ritalin crowd can pay attention for more than three minutes. Personally, I'd rather they be left out. They usually only make for BOSS BATTLE pwnage anyhow. Hell, for reality's sake, you shouldn't even see a tank or APC at <147m. They've got some killer optics, those that were manufactured since like 1865...

I could imagine quite a lot of fun having to dodge realistically behaving enemy helicopters by staying out of sight, keeping in the weeds and moving in and out of buildings. Oh wait, you can't enter the buildings... Erm, never mind then... <_<

Seriously, I'm getting too old for boss battles. That was fun back in the Commodore 64 days, but this is the 21st century...

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen

This one is driving me crazy. I think I've had every problem mentioned in this thread.

I play all the way through and can't place the darn EMP unit. I close the game and then come to this thread and figure out that you just have to keep trying. OK, got that to work.

The attack choppers show up - of course, I've used my Zeus to shoot down the troop chopper that showed up on the dam thinking it was one of the two choppers everyone was talking about - no problem, my two Ghosts have their Zeuses. WRONG. I didn't realize that I had to equip them with the Zeus at the beginning of the map. I just assumed that, since I had a Zeus, that they had theirs too. So I give it a few tries of shooting them down with small arms and the RPGs to no effect.

OK, no problem, I'll just restart the round. I gave everyone a Zeus. Make my way to the entrance and kill everyone in sight. Hmmm, no message telling me that the objective is complete - must have just been a bug - no biggie. I fight my way all the way to the dam, get the message that I'm leaving the zone - HUH? Must be another silly bug. Make it about 1/3 of the way across the dam - BAM, dead. No shot, no shooter, just dead. I replay this about 5 times and the exact same thing happens in the exact same place every time.

I come back to this thread and read up on the problems some guys are having with the entrance. I go back to the game and instead of tackling the dam, I take my team back to the entrance to find the hiding bad guy - NADA. After spending at least 20 minutes searching, there's nobody there. My only thought is that he must be crouching or laying down in the tower by the gate. Of course some game designer thought it would be funny to put targets in a tower that you can't access - lovely.

So I guess I'm going to restart it once again and hopefully everything will work right.