Mission 9: Codename Farallon

This is twice now im ######, i finished the mission killed every guy on the whole map, however the clear entrance mission didnt complete......

so i did it again, this time ig ot all the objectives complete, now it does nothing im just running around the map, nobody to kill, nothing to fricken do....

Edited by rispeed

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you clear the whole right side start running across the top of the dam (with the 3 towers that have snipers in them). Once you get about half way across you can turn right into another building. In there you have to place an EMP on the computers, then the mission continues.

• 3 weeks later...

I ZEUS'd one myself and ordered one of my ghosts to "Attack" the other one as soon as it had a diamond on it which he did using a Zeus.

No difficulty doing it that way.

The RPG didn't appear to do anything to the troop helo so I'd guess it wouldn't scratch the attack helos.

Hi,

I have GRAW 2 for PC. The RPG's definitely have no effect in Codename: Farallon. I did read a walkthrough at Gamepressure.com where you use your Zeus against one and then select your Rifleman who also has a Zeus to attack the remaining helicopter. Unfortunately, this other Rifleman won't come out of the building to shoot the helicopter and we end up all dying inside of it due to damage from it's rockets. I now see that there are 2 options:

1) As mentioned, I'll split my team so my Support and other Rifleman who don't have the Zeus rockets are on one side of the bridge while my Zeus equipped Rifleman will remain with me in the structure after both the EMP detonates and we all repel the ensuing terrorist attack.

2) Same as the above, but also use small arms fire on the helicopters when I see the red diamond on the helicopter appear, indicating that they can be taken down with small arms fire. Wish me luck!

Eric

I read thru all posts in this thread, tried the whole night, and still am not able to kill those 2 birds... till now, then I realized the mistakes I made.

Just want to share these:

1. Teammates are unable to shoot the Zeus from tight locations - eg. in a bunker above the EMP place. They need to be out in the open.

2. After assigning all team mates to Attack the last remaining bird, you got to click the "Execute All" button in the Tac map!!!

I always made the mistake of not clicking the execute all, hence the 3 AI mates are like only shooting out of self defense using small arms!

After I gave the Go Ahead, one of the rifleman will proceed to change to Zeus and shoot the last bird down.

Now that I have gotten rid of the 2 birds, more mercs rush out when I am going to my extraction point. There are small mercs hiding in the building where the extration building is, so be careful.

Mission 10... all died within seconds of landing... argh!

i took down both choppers and killed the guys across the dam. now what? nothing happens and no objectives get updated. as a matter of fact, my objectives show absolutely nothing.. just blank. i think the game has gone fubar? and yes, i've swept through the map a few times looking for strays...

btw, someone else mentioned it in this thread.. i ALSO had a ghost get stuck somewhere in map next to a building and was not able to move after. (but that happened on other maps too).

patch 1.05 anytime soon? ...or did i forget to do something?

please help.

thanks.

If u have completed the EMP thing and down the 2 choppers, U should proceed to extraction point...

i have done it all (placed emp, taken down chopers, killed apparently everyone... Yet, I get no "Move to extraction point" objective. The "eliminate enemy helicopters" objective never disappears from the tac map log. I move to the helipad anyway and nothing happens.

i tried restarting from a way earlier savepoint and replayed mission but i get the same thing.

can someone please suggest a fix for this?

i need to find how to contact the devs on a bugs forum or something... speaking of which:

-----------

bugs:

savegames are a headache bc when i reload them half the time one of my men is stuck apparently "clipped" into a part of the map and will not respond to move ccommands. he is just stuck aiming straight up and unresponsive. not just "quicksaves" ... checkpoint saves as well.

annoyances + suggestions:

first, two suggestions as far as the direction that computer ghosts face...

1. the only way to tell a ghost which way to face is via the tacmap. how about when you issue an "attack" command in assault on the crosscom... even if there is nothing there to attack, the ghost should face/cover that direction. "cover" doesn't really cut it bc i dont want them to start shooting. also switching to "recon" to get them to cover a direction without shooting is useless bc it involves too much clicking through the crosscom when you are in assault mode most of the time.

2. bc of what is explained above, you are left with the tacmap to get a player to face the right direction... EXCEPT, you cannot assign a direction to face UNLESS you first assign a move order... very annoying to have to move a ghost one way, then move him back to where he was just to get him to face the right direction. in the tacmap, if you click on a ghost and drag in a direction before releasing the mouse, that should be a valid command to face in that direction.

and finally, multiplayer coop... respawning at the beggining of the map? are you serious? i hope you guys are just running a gag on us and will release incremental checkpoints or spawning on a leader or something more sane and less negligent of player enjoyment and sanity.

Edited by red22

In this mission there is a mix of bugs and insane intrisic amenities that make such mission a ridicolous effort and an huge waste of time to try to reach the nowhere point.....

Unlikely a player understand all these things when it's too late,in the detail :

when you run out of missiles and Zeus and your mate die it is too late to understand you can't proceed anymore and you have to restart from scracth. This is the main bug because when you are out of Zeus it should stop you immediately instead of leaving you playing the missions for dozens of minutes to let you understand you are ######ed only at the end of the efforts. Even because the fourth turret rocket launchers have already been downloaded against trucks minutes before...that's called trig events when programming.....and that's not my job.

secondly you have to pass over a dam full of turrets full of hostiles , most of them are even snipers well hidden here and there......that's ridicolous even for a beta of Quake

thirdly I have never seen an helo that is able to resist to hundreds of automatic gun projectiles without suffering even the smallest problem. Ahahahahah it must be an hologram just like Total Recall I thought....... :lol:>_<

thanks

Agreed on the rockets... but the Mi-28 Havoc, isn't nothing to laugh at when you're a lone soldier facing it down. Yes you have to fire alot in order to bring it down. It takes alot of time, dodging it's missiles and cannon, but normal small arms fire wouldn't necessarily automatically bring it down. If it were a light helicopter, not a full on attack helicopter, then it would be a moot point, but since it is a full on attack helicopter, it's going to take alot of dodging, bullets to bring it down without a Zeus.

I agree the mission particulars are a bit skewy. The Farallon bit... is just weird in itself. It has no overall bearing on the campaign and storyline itself and honestly pretty rediculous. Just to start with the inaccuracies and weirdness of the mission, would turn into a rant. It sucks as a mission when you get to that part (why not just a normal sweep and clean mission like it realistically should be?), but the two helos is just overkill as it is. I can see one, but seriously there has to be a limit on common sense, and this one crossed it.

So what your saying is that because they shoot that building 1st....and box debris overwrites the RPGs.......what exactly is the point of putting the RPGs in there in the 1st place if all they are is eye candy? I mean really what is the point?

hehehhe buffalo 6 your posts were the most funny thing ive read in recent times, you have flair for sarcasm aas well as comic stuff, your diabtribe about the bugs in GRAW2 Heli Mission, and the bugging RPG and the stupid AI of teammates and the unending rockets of the helicopter had me ROTFLOL, totally, i even went in as far as dodgint eh heli all the way upto the tunnels and the water treatment area, and kept shooting the damn thing for an hour, still never managed it, then i read this while thread and will now try it, i came up with a unique attempt at beating the rpg bug, id take an rpg and then before i put the EMP id go to some other dropped gun nearby and drop the rpg and pick the gun, i did this for all three rpgs, one time i was even able to use all 3 rpgs!!!! really, most times i could use only one, a few rarerely two rpgs, this bug is really annoying, ive tried this mission like 145 times today to no avail, ive saved the game at every second i could, sometimes save game also doesnt work, its a very very annoying level very stupid actualyl u just spend the whole time trying to shoot this immortal heli, nice reading your funny comments, keep em coming, what otehr game have u played and commented upon, id like to read those too ;) ciaoo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As for the RPG's in the tower, I ran into a similar problem replaying that part of the mission from the savegame- debris and other effects remained after I restarted from a previous save. Chances are that if I looked hard enough, I'd find a pile of expended magazines from my teammates. I Fraps'd and posted something similar in the helicopter engagement (the UNDEAD helicopter incident of 2012) in Quarterback in GRAW, where expended magazines and missiles and such were left after restarts from saves PRIOR to expending those munitions. Odd. Apparently when the game resets AI's, friendlies, Mitchell, etc. to the savegame positions, it doesn't bother with small potatoes like those. This sets the stage for the GLITCH with the RPG's being either expended or sunken into the floor/crate and unavailable to pick up. I'm sure you can find the glitch similarly present in other situations throughout the game now if you try, but that map and situation are the most prominent that I made it to. (Still never finished the SP campaign)

The situation with the two helicopters attacking a 4-man dismount team was kinda unrealistic, agreed. The weapons systems on that helicopter are relatively similar to those of the AH-64, with which I am INTIMATELY familiar. The main gun should be able to engage from half to 3/4 mile out more accurately than it does at 100-200 meters in the game. Rockets? FAR outside of the 147 meter draw distance. Like, well over a kilometer away, and maybe a couple. Heaven forbid they decide to use one of the AT missiles- upwards of 5Km if I remember correctly. Compare to the OUTDATED AGM-114C Hellfire, with an UNCLASSIFIED range of over 5Km. The AGM-114F extended that significantly, and the newer ones... you get the point. But it seems the necessary sacrifice in order to make the game exciting and playable. In reality, one SINGLE well-placed 5.56mm round could take that bird down. At least give the pilot every reason, by the checklist, to pack it up and go home, mission be damned. 'Armored' is a very subjective term...

And i've managed at least once to take down one of the Mi-28's with an RPG, but I found it easier to bring down with the Mk 48. Once you know the script, the first helicopter shouldn't even live to pop-up at the edge of the dam...

• 1 month later...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...=44813&st=0

Post 28:

i also have a question about this mission:

i don't know how to secure the entrance...

ive killed all the merc's at the entrance and the other 2 tasks i completed.

so ive secured the power plant and secured the generator chamber... but i stuck @ the task "secure the entrance"

what must i do ? i dont get it...

Please help me thanx in advance.

Post 56:

i finally completed the " secure the entrance" after tried 5 times hehe

thanx all for the help

There have been a few peeps with the same issue, I had it also first time. Most have eventually found the last guy hiding out somewhere.

Good luck

:hmm:

Am I thinking of the wrong mission again? This IS the one with the big dam and the [spoiler REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH SOMETHING ELSE] big armored things with guns and rockets and missiles and lots of rotor blades[END SPOILER REPLACEMENT THERAPY], right?

• 2 weeks later...
i also have a question about this mission:

i don't know how to secure the entrance...

ive killed all the merc's at the entrance and the other 2 tasks i completed.

so ive secured the power plant and secured the generator chamber... but i stuck @ the task "secure the entrance"

what must i do ? i dont get it...

Please help me thanx in advance.

Good luck

Edited by Farallon

From memory I remember 3 mercs in the area from start to the roadblock. Then there are a few on the right side, a few in the tower, a few behind the sandbags on the road and 3 running up on the left side.

From memory? Wolf.. you don't play GRAW2 anymore? :)

Sorry Wolf... "I had the shot, there was no danger so I took it. And I broke a major rule of forum engagement."

-John K.

I think is possible, I tried to shoot those helicopters down with guns, almost finished 20 SAW magazines the chopper started to burn and smoke, mostly looked like it’s going down just needed a bit more touch, but I was killed later…… :wall:

And I tried those RPG7s, not working with choppers. :ph34r: