petition GRIN to develop their own FPS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be interesting to know how much on average it takes to develope and publish a game these days and how many people might be willing to invest in GRIN to have them develope and publish a game. It would be an interesting business model where the community funds the developement of a game they want instead of what the publisher thinks they need.

It would be interesting to know how much on average it takes to develope and publish a game these days and how many people might be willing to invest in GRIN to have them develope and publish a game. It would be an interesting business model where the community funds the developement of a game they want instead of what the publisher thinks they need.

You know your right that would be something to look at. I have always wanted to design my own game but no smarts to do it with. Maybe with feed back from everyone that could happen

Edited by COL. KNIGHT

on their own no, but the thread isn't develop your own indipendant FPS... just merely Grin develop their own FPS...

with the way ubi's misshandeling all of the PC series Rainbowsix, SplinterCell, and attempting to FUBAR Ghost Recon...their time would be well spent with another developer, hell even EA isnt near as bad as ubi forcing "4 weeks" to develop a patch...

I agree. It was GRIN that made GRAW and hopefully GRAW 2(I'm in U.S.) great. From playing the SP demo, it looks like it will be great. I also agree that GRIN should find a new publisher other than EA that won't slap Gag Orders on em like a bunch of babies just because the publisher has a personal vendetta against PC gamers. I can only imagine what the next GR installment for PC(If there ever is another one) will be like. I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked GRIN and had RSE make it 3rd-person for us. I say you ditch those Ubi d-bags, GRIN.

...btw, pick another game engine. This Diesel engine is giving some modders a difficult time. At least thats what I gathered from the initial release of GRAW.

If GRAW is going to continue with military-FPS-path, it doesn't need to get airbrush pretty---just functionally pretty.

GRIN has shown true talent for military fps. They may miss a few things here and there, but GRAW1 and 2 have both been fantastic shooters and a pleasure to play for the most part.

I really hope you guys continue your "relationship" with the military genre, you know how it should be done and I'm sure you have the support of the entire GR.net community.

I hope your next game (whether it be another Ghost Recon game or not) is a success.

Thanks for the support guys!

Whatever comes out of GRIN next will sure swing in the right direction thanks to the stride you guys have for gameplay and that you all wanted us to go on for GRAW2

Thanks for the support again!

Bo

GRIN

Allright, nice to hear that :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support guys!

Whatever comes out of GRIN next will sure swing in the right direction thanks to the stride you guys have for gameplay and that you all wanted us to go on for GRAW2

Thanks for the support again!

Bo

GRIN

Now, that's what I call a Cooperative :thumbsup:

Guys don't forget that Ubisoft chose Grin to develop their PC version of GRAW2. I'm sure Grin will be gratefull as basically,Ubisoft gave them work. Most of you hate Ubisoft but think for a second,if it wasn't Ubisoft then Grin wouldn't have the chance to develop a game like GRAW2 ;)

Well I think now that people are aware of what they are capable of, I sure other companies will look at them, or even they may try and get something done in there spare time. All kinds of new doors can open up for them, and I hope they stay as great as they are now, or even get better. :g_guns:

Guys don't forget that Ubisoft chose Grin to develop their PC version of GRAW2. I'm sure Grin will be gratefull as basically,Ubisoft gave them work. Most of you hate Ubisoft but think for a second,if it wasn't Ubisoft then Grin wouldn't have the chance to develop a game like GRAW2 ;)

And if UBI wouldn't of gone and gobbled up Red Storm the Rainbow Six series would still be alive and kicking and we would all probably be still playing GR2 on PC. Don't get me wrong I think GRIN has done a great job with the hand that was dealt them, but UBI wants console games. GRIN has done all that they can do to give us a real PC version of the game.

...btw, pick another game engine. This Diesel engine is giving some modders a difficult time. At least thats what I gathered from the initial release of GRAW.

If GRAW is going to continue with military-FPS-path, it doesn't need to get airbrush pretty---just functionally pretty.

Difficult time? If I had the time and motivation to, I could create a total conversion of GRAW2 with just the extracted bundle. EVERYTHING is in it. The GRAW release was "chaos" for modding because of the way the code was set up. I'm still confused on GRAW1 coding compared to GRAW2 coding, where coding is cake, just takes a while to implement and some "out-of-the-box" thinking.

Edited by Agent Smith

I think it would be fascinating to see what kind of product GRIN could crank out if they had the freedome to develop whatever they wanted to, however they wanted to. I'd most likely buy it, assuming there was no Strawberry Shortcake or Care Bears stuff on the cover.

Or maybe they could do a shooter where you slaughter all of those cuddly do-gooder cartoon characters! YEAH! Like DooM, but darker! Like F.E.A.R. but more more psychotic! YEAH!

OK, nevermind all that. Bottom line- I'd be likely to put down some retail money for it just knowing that Bo and crew put it together the way THEY want to, without some crackhead publisher pushing cheesy theatrics. Know what I mean?

"do not underestimate the awesome power of the game community" *breathes through mask* ;)

I think it's fair to say that GRIN were a bit wet behind the ears when they took on GRAW1. However, they have clearly demonstrated their ability to listen and learn (which apparently is a rare talent in game design these days), hence the much-improved GRAW2 (or so I've been told).

The next logical step, IMHO, would be to take the experience gained with the GRAW titles and start with a clean slate (we might get a GRAW3 though I have my doubts). There is still plenty of territory to explore in the tactical FPS genre. I wouldn't even mind if Ubi published it, though I don't really trust them.

I frankly don't think GRIN has all the answers. But they know how to listen and learn, which is even better. Any game with a GRIN logo will have my attention.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Edited by krise madsen