So do we only get 4 weeks of support

Rest assured GRIN will be around for much longer... if you were in on GRAW1 you know this already.

So the 4 week support rumor was just... a rumor?

Neat.

Notice: this is a guess

Its probably UBI only supporting (aka Funding) 4 weeks of support and after that its upto Grin to either dump the game or keep supporting it out of their own pocket.

which if this would be the case I'd say ubi only gets 4 weeks of profit off the game and grin get the rest.

Rest assured GRIN will be around for much longer... if you were in on GRAW1 you know this already.

Yep. I was truly impressed with the summer of support on GRAW1. You guys took it from a nice game with bugs to a true classic for me. I went from luke warm to playing it every day for many many months after 1.35 finally emerged.

The CEO has told us to "rest assured". And his company (and the mandate he makes on its behalf) was proven last summer to be true.

I'm buying it tomorrow.

CEO's have a brutally tough tight ropes to walk. For him to come in here and make this unambigouos statement is good enough for me. as far as I am concerned, this rumor is dead and this post is no longer needed.

Thank you Bo.

Edited by Sleepdoc

If games were done correctly before retail and bug tested before retail

then you wouldnt need patchs after retail .

Ive already seen some comments of people saying the demo bugs are still in the retail game

It just goes to show when people find them in the demo the company does nothing about it anyway

and they (game companys) expect the users to keep on buying (supporting) buggy sequal console ports ?

With this 4 week thing it just goes to show , push the game out , apply a quick fix in 4 weeks

onto the next project to make them millions

I find it ironic that here in the States we DON'T EVEN HAVE THE FREAKIN' GAME YET... and we're talking about the possibility of Ubi capping support at 4 weeks?

Nice.... I have my fingers crossed that this isn't the case. If it is? I'm done with Ubi... on my PC platform AS WELL AS XBox360, PS3, etc. I won't continue to give them money knowing I'll continue to get punched in the man-sack.

-jk

Good to hear, Bo, thanks. As I read this thread my reaction gradually went from, "######, that can't be true?!?", to "Holy hell, I hate UBI!!" to, "Thank God, purchasing it tomorrow."