So do we only get 4 weeks of support

to fix this game as Rocky said in his Gag order post, or am I mistaken.

Rocky, when you said that Grin only has 4 weeks to patch Graw 2, does that mean they have 4 weeks to release the first patch, or they are only providing 4 weeks of support for the game as a whole?

If its the latter, you can forget a purchase from me

There's been no official word released from Ubi, but we did hear that the extent of support was 4 week post release. Much like the Rainbow Six Vegas situation though, who knows what's going on. There was a huge stink that there was going to be no support for Vegas, then a promise that there was going to be a patch, then silence again.

I am afraid we just have to play the waiting game.

One patch or 4 patches, the game's a blast as it stands, although there are some things needing addressed.

There's been no official word released from Ubi, but we did hear that the extent of support was 4 week post release. Much like the Rainbow Six Vegas situation though, who knows what's going on. There was a huge stink that there was going to be no support for Vegas, then a promise that there was going to be a patch, then silence again.

I am afraid we just have to play the waiting game.

One patch or 4 patches, the game's a blast as it stands, although there are some things needing addressed.

Vegas is actually getting a new patch next week, along with the Red & Black map packs the 360 users got, all for free. Surprising aint it ? :).

Vegas is actually getting a new patch next week, along with the Red & Black map packs the 360 users got, all for free. Surprising aint it ? :).

The reason why is that they are using the 360 code as the base of the patch. They are also releasing it for the PC because of all the negative publicity and BBB complaints resulting in a poor rating. There have been some very active and vocal Rainbow fans that have been giving alot of grief to UBI outside of their forums and the patch evidentally according to some was promised to alleviate some of that.

I don't doubt for a second that if there wasn't a stink about all of it, support would have been dropped completely. Infact I have a feeling it was dropped only to be promised again to cool things down. Similar situation to making their R6 Council just prior to LD's release and then ditching them completely after the community was soothed. UBI doesn't care about any community at all unless it affects their bottom line or potential sales.

surely if they do pull support after 4 weeks then rather than being keyboard warriors and giving lip service.

do something about it, boycott the game no posting about it no playing it and see how dead the servers get, that may be the only way they get the message.

Well, where your logic fails is, they already got your money then. What do they care if you dont play it?

.........so it looks like I'll be waiting a few months to see how the support for the game shapes up and other possible feedback on issues/bugs being fixed that pretty much prevented me from playing the demo.

This is the BBB Reliability Report for UBI.

UBI BBB Reliability Report

A German Community Manager leaked on their Forums that UBI was dropping support for Vegas and some US players filed a complaint at the BBB. The huge spike in complaints this year was largely due to disgruntled Vegas customers and most likely prompted UBI to acknowledge their responsibility to the consumer. Unfortunately, Vegas died anyway and I don’t see a patch bringing it back to life.

This sounds like UBI. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this was the sole reason that Grin and UBI had a fallout this past week. One day UBI will be scrathing their heads wondering why good gaming companies will not do business with them. It's really too bad publishers couldn't follow Valve's practices a bit more.

I tried to find other game publishers that were listed in the BBB, but Electronic Arts and Codemasters came up blank. A comparison of results would have been good. Can anyone else find other publishers on that site?

EA Reliability Report

Codemasters Reliability Report

I tried to find other game publishers that were listed in the BBB, but Electronic Arts and Codemasters came up blank. A comparison of results would have been good. Can anyone else find other publishers on that site?

No trouble finding the entry for Electronic Arts. It seems relatively similar to the entry for UBI. EA has on the order of 5 times as many complaints, but apparently similar resolution ratios in most categories. Personally, I do not think these types of records really reflect much about the companies in question -- in my experience it is only a very small faction of people that bother to actually go through the BBB process to complain about these types of things, and I doubt that they really provide a statistically relevant measure of the overall user population.

in my experience it is only a very small faction of people that bother to actually go through the BBB process to complain about these types of things, and I doubt that they really provide a statistically relevant measure of the overall user population.

Yes, but it is a fair assumption that a Ubi customer is no more likely to be pre-disposed to complain than a EA customer - thay are all gamers. So if you see 10 times as many complaints about EA, and (plucking a figure out of thin air) you agree that EA are twice as big as Ubi, then it's fair to say that EA products have generated 5 times as many compaints as Ubi per customer. That's the kind of comparson I was after.

No trouble finding the entry for Electronic Arts.

That's strange, the entry is "Electronic Arts" but if you search for "Electronic Arts" it comes up with 29 entries, none of which are "Electronic Arts" :blink:

Same with codemasters.

Alphabetical Listings beginning with "Codemasters" (0)

-- No results found --

PIA website, someone should complain. :whistle:

If UBI pulls support from GRAW2 I volunteer to lead the charge. I don't like UBI, just cuz.

If it comes to that...

"This is my online complaint forum. There are many others like it, but this one is mine...."

:)

-jk

Callsign threepoint

I find it ironic that here in the States we DON'T EVEN HAVE THE FREAKIN' GAME YET... and we're talking about the possibility of Ubi capping support at 4 weeks?

Nice.... I have my fingers crossed that this isn't the case. If it is? I'm done with Ubi... on my PC platform AS WELL AS XBox360, PS3, etc. I won't continue to give them money knowing I'll continue to get punched in the man-sack.

-jk

I find it ironic that here in the States we DON'T EVEN HAVE THE FREAKIN' GAME YET... and we're talking about the possibility of Ubi capping support at 4 weeks?

Nice.... I have my fingers crossed that this isn't the case. If it is? I'm done with Ubi... on my PC platform AS WELL AS XBox360, PS3, etc. I won't continue to give them money knowing I'll continue to get punched in the man-sack.

-jk

Rest assured GRIN will be around for much longer... if you were in on GRAW1 you know this already.

-jk

Rest assured GRIN will be around for much longer... if you were in on GRAW1 you know this already.

Good to hear. Keep up the great work :thumbsup: