PhysX card Bonus Mission: Ageia Island

After much :wall: and some help from this fine community I was able to play the much awaited Ageia Island last night. It's really cool! I found it to be a great long distance / sniper map... a little CQB work as well. Nicely done GRiN!

I'm not sure why all the missions aren't setup with this level of Ageia support, too time consuming I guess???

* :wall: - Iwas just overlooking it and the training mission under the campaigne menu... I need new contacts I guess.

[Merged with your original thread on this]

Edited by Pave Low

Can anyone who has the full version and the PhysX card tell me how the game looks with it? Also, how do you access "Ageia Island"? Is it a seperate option off the main menu? Thanks! :D

[Merged with existing thread - Please check before posting]

Edited by Pave Low

Can anyone who has the full version and the PhysX card tell me how the game looks with it?

Also, how do you access "Ageia Island"? Is it a seperate option off the main menu? Thanks! :D

If you don't have the PhysiX card you can not click the AGEIA ISLAND ;)

I dont know my Ageia is on all the time, I posted pics in another thread

In short the Ageia Island mission looks the same as it does in the pre-release video that was distributed. The environment is more destrutable basically. As far as you interation with the game and wacking out the enemy it plays the same to me so far. I haven't finished that map yet... I destroy the first fuel thingy and somehow always end up screwing the pooch and getting owned.

It's nice but I wouldn't call it ground breaking or anything, in my mind this is how all the maps in the game should be but I assume they arn't becuase of time and less than universal ownage of the Ageia hardware.

In short the Ageia Island mission looks the same as it does in the pre-release video that was distributed. The environment is more destrutable basically. As far as you interation with the game and wacking out the enemy it plays the same to me so far. I haven't finished that map yet... I destroy the first fuel thingy and somehow always end up screwing the pooch and getting owned.

It's nice but I wouldn't call it ground breaking or anything, in my mind this is how all the maps in the game should be but I assume they arn't becuase of time and less than universal ownage of the Ageia hardware.

Actually all maps have AGEIA effects when you run with the Phyics Card 8like the explosions, tumbleweed, dust clouds, leaves, scrap, spark effects and so on. The AGEIA Island is special as we could put gameplay altering objects in there - it was great fun to do. I'm talking about the destuctable houses, fences that open up routes and leaves system that makes visability poorer for the player. You can't have that in the full game as ppl without the card would not get the same type of mission experience.

Good link is here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40962

I think we did a stand up job with the AGEIA card that no other game developer pulled off so far.

Bo

will there be further support of Ageia Physics if there is enough demand(?) for them via MP-map packs with a majority of regular types of maps (everyone benifits) and maybe 1-2 ageia supported maps ?

Demand is king as always - it governs the publishers and other players of course.