Mission 7: Get me Rosen

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the problem, that i finish mission 7 with S and almost every award (besides marksman, shame on me) but i can only get back to missions menu and theres no "new" mission to select from. all i can do is play the previous 7 missions.....is there no mission 8 or even act 3? :blink::unsure:

i have the problem, that i finish mission 7 with S and almost every award (besides marksman, shame on me) but i can only get back to missions menu and theres no "new" mission to select from. all i can do is play the previous 7 missions.....is there no mission 8 or even act 3? :blink::unsure:

ok..mnever mind.. .. got myself a mission8-savegame.... :rocky:

Me and a mate had this same problem, the instruction manual or a game guide will cover this type of problem.

I expect some one is working on it as we speak.

Dont think though what a great map night to day and the layout is incredible, I love the high ground,burning city, its just amazing work.

We played this mission as one would play an old gr1 mission and for the most part it works, you can be sneaky and not be seen.

A modders wet dream. :D

Great map, it's almost a crime to have to play it with NV on, it's so easy on the eye, very cool.

This was one of my favourite missions, the stealthy aspect, watching the guards patrol the buildings, awesome.

I found it funny when heading for extract that when I went to take out that pesky machine gunner and his 2 mates at the out building, I kept being told to get back in to the mission area. running around that little shack being told to get back in the area while at the same time trying to get some CQB action on those 3.

Beautyful map though.

I found it funny when heading for extract that when I went to take out that pesky machine gunner and his 2 mates at the out building, I kept being told to get back in to the mission area. running around that little shack being told to get back in the area while at the same time trying to get some CQB action on those 3.

Beautyful map though.

I thought that was resolved in AW2. And with resolved that it was thrown into the recycle bin...

Does it limit your freedom of movemnt alot? As you say it, it loks like so... :(

Beautyful map though.

I thought that was resolved in AW2. And with resolved that it was thrown into the recycle bin...

Does it limit your freedom of movemnt alot? As you say it, it loks like so... :(

I don't think there are any mission command restrictions during this mission besides the edges of the map.

What shack are we talking about here? The one along the road? In that case it's because you are about to leave the map. ;)

Beautyful map though.

I don't think there are any mission command restrictions during this mission besides the edges of the map.

What shack are we talking about here? The one along the road? In that case it's because you are about to leave the map. ;)

It doesn't matter where it is, that message always means you are about to leave the map :P

Seriously though, it's out where the APC is sitting, with 3 enemy, one manning the gun. You can't approach them too close or you get that warning.

This seriously has been the best god damned mission so far for me. Sneaking all the way to the Hacienda with my ai teammate, doing double takedowns along the way on my orders. Got to the back entrance and had my teammate cover it while i went in........silenced pistol style :P

Took out a guy who was walking about above, which someone saw and set off an alarm. So i quickly dashed about popping ppl left and right and slapped down the C4 on the Blackhawk remains. Ran out of there and towards Rosens position.....

....down the stairs, 2 gaurds *pop pop* pistol owned, move forwards and took out Rosens gaurd, said "Sup !" and ordered him to follow me. Both pegged it out the base and got my teammate to follow. Heard there might be some tangos at the extraction point.....so i set a trap ;).

Got Rosen to hang back in the rocky area, and went into recon mode with my teammate who i positioned to the outside of the extraction point. Spotted 4 scruffs and lined up 2 of em for my teammate. I went pront and snuck up behind 1 of them in the grass. Ordered EXECUTE and stood up, popped 2 gaurds in about 1 and a half seconds while my teammate took the other 2 of em out instantly.

I saw movement around a little shed and ordered them both to hold. Went round there and caught the sucker off gaurd *pop*. Helicopter got in and we rolled outta there :P

PURE, FREAKING, AWESOME !

Beautyful map though.

It doesn't matter where it is, that message always means you are about to leave the map :P

Seriously though, it's out where the APC is sitting, with 3 enemy, one manning the gun. You can't approach them too close or you get that warning.

The Panhard is called in if the alarm is raised, together with a truck. It should go all the way up to the gates and unload up there unless the driver got shoot.

Or did you get the "clear extraction zone" objective? You don't always get that. Depends on how you've played.

Yeh I got the clear extraction order, after the truck came up when the alarm went off.

So this mission has a few different paths?

Well. If you never let them trigger the alarm, the reinforcements never come. And I think the extra objective is activated if the alarm is sounding when you get Rosen and then you get the extra mercs attacking the extraction zone (very unsure of how this is triggered right now though)... It's 4:33 in the morning...

This mission was great, except for the fact that the one other Ghost (Beasley) that I decided to bring along felt like being a '###### this mission. Twice when using the Follow command, I switched to the tacmap to look for enemy snipers/patrols and when I go back to normal view I see him walking ahead of me or to a disadvantageous spot.

-The first time was from the insertion point. I took a smaller path where I saw only one guard. I watched the tacmap to see when he would get into my line of sight. Then I would lean and edge around the corner to take him down with a headshot. The only problem was when I got off the tacmap Beasley walked ahead into plain sight of the enemy soldier and to a few rounds before I put the enemy down. Anyone notice how your teammates sometimes just sit there while getting shot, and even then they're facing the wrong direction? They sometimes don't do the logical thing: go for cover, or shoot back.

-The second time was entering through the front gates for vehicles. We were sitting outside the gates just outside of the light pole's illumination, happily sniping at targets on around the hacienda and some inside the gates. After that was clear we went in the crashed Blackhawk area where the road is flanked on both sides by higher ground and using the tacmap I spotted a sniper in the bushes on the high ground to my left. I was going to sneak around and take him from behind, but guess what? Beasley was already on his way up the right elevated area and in plain sight of the sniper. Needless to say that was his last mistake and he was incapacitated. Wasn't he supposed to be following me? :blink:

These gripes aside, it's a great mission. I almost shot Rosen when I walked into his room and he had a pistol pointing at my face. :rofl:

I was wondering, I only have one ghost to choose from for this mission since the rest got blown up on the previous mission while riding in the two trucks used for evac. Did they get killed 'cause I missed someone? Anyhow, not that big of a deal.

My real issue with the "Get Rosen" map is that I can't figure out where to get the C4 to blow up the downed Blackhawk. I restarted thinking I needed to load it in my backpack but there's no offering I could see. Every time I get to the downed BH my "coach" in my Narcom tells me "looks like you need extra C4". Where the heck is it? I checked the loadout for all the team members before starting and I don't see it offered. What am I missing? Do I need to blow up the fuel tank thingy next to the BH? I can see the C4 icon on the choppper when I'm next to it but I don't seem to get the "X" prompt to plant it.

I was wondering, I only have one ghost to choose from for this mission since the rest got blown up on the previous mission while riding in the two trucks used for evac. Did they get killed 'cause I missed someone? Anyhow, not that big of a deal.

My real issue with the "Get Rosen" map is that I can't figure out where to get the C4 to blow up the downed Blackhawk. I restarted thinking I needed to load it in my backpack but there's no offering I could see. Every time I get to the downed BH my "coach" in my Narcom tells me "looks like you need extra C4". Where the heck is it? I checked the loadout for all the team members before starting and I don't see it offered. What am I missing? Do I need to blow up the fuel tank thingy next to the BH? I can see the C4 icon on the choppper when I'm next to it but I don't seem to get the "X" prompt to plant it.

Get closer and the "press x" will appear.

The voices are from the 360 version so it's not perfect matches for the PC missions.

My real issue with the "Get Rosen" map is that I can't figure out where to get the C4 to blow up the downed Blackhawk.

I have to admit the same. I ran about for a good 3 or 4 minutes trying to see where to put the C4. The problem is three fold (1) the mission brief says the BH is in two parts, so I was trying to C4 the rotor blades that were outside the barn. (2) The green marker for that objective location is outside the barn, and the BH body is inside the barn, I know it's big, but what can I say, I was under fire. :P And (3) You get a message about needing more C4, which is a confusing message because the C4 is already in your kit by default.

My real issue with the "Get Rosen" map is that I can't figure out where to get the C4 to blow up the downed Blackhawk.

I have to admit the same. I ran about for a good 3 or 4 minutes trying to see where to put the C4. The problem is three fold (1) the mission brief says the BH is in two parts, so I was trying to C4 the rotor blades that were outside the barn. (2) The green marker for that objective location is outside the barn, and the BH body is inside the barn, I know it's big, but what can I say, I was under fire. :P And (3) You get a message about needing more C4, which is a confusing message because the C4 is already in your kit by default.

The marker for the chopper is in the middle because each time you play the mission the wreckage is in a different barn :thumbsup:

Joined a public room this afternoon, playing Mission 07.

Once we reached Rosen, the Team Leader could not make him move at all. Tried pushing him and allsorts. We killed Team Leader and I was picked, again i could do nothing to make Rosen move?

That`s the first time it has happened to me. Has been fine multiply times before. :wacko:

Tinker

Joined a public room this afternoon, playing Mission 07.

Once we reached Rosen, the Team Leader could not make him move at all. Tried pushing him and allsorts. We killed Team Leader and I was picked, again i could do nothing to make Rosen move?

That`s the first time it has happened to me. Has been fine multiply times before. :wacko:

Tinker

I get that often with my AI team-mates in SP. No obstructions, nothing stopping them from moving... yet they just sit there :wall:

I usually start the mission again at that point, because I hate losing team members...