Disappointed in SP

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im halfway through the single player and after a while i couldnt tell if i was playing graw1 or graw 2. I think this should have being released as a addon to graw, as to call it a sequel is a bit of a joke.

I'm sure there were people who said they wanted what we had with GR, but only with a some improvements (as expectations for the next installment of the GR series). Well now we have GRAW1, but with some additions in the form of GRAW 2. Surely you could tell from the screenshots that it was going to look pretty much the same. Maybe whoever makes the decisions didn't want to come out and say yeah we messed up the first one, this is how it should have been/would've been if we'd had more time/money. It's easier to say, this is GRAW2 and look at the cool stuff you can do now. I think all the stuff we can do now should have been in GRAW1, obviously. Which is why as soon as I found out there was going to be GRAW 2 literally months after GRAW 1, I decided not to buy it straight away. How could they possibly have come up with a completely new game so quickly, when IMO GRAW1 wasn't up to scratch yet??? Would that have been possible in such a short space of time? I dunno. Like others have said, it was a case of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So I decided to wait until some GR.net people reviewed the game. Now that I've seen you're opinion, i'm glad I didn't preorder the game on amazon or rush out to buy. But i'm not in the slightest bit surprised.

That said, the demo impressed me in the sense that I felt GRAW1 should have been like this, like I've said in another post. There was no way I was expecting a massive leave forward in the GR series, though. No way, I know better now. I hope you're not too disappointed 0:) Maybe next time you won't rush your decision to buy the game. I hope you play through it again and like it a bit better ;)

haha ubi got u!!!! (point and laugh) :rofl: yep same goes for x360 u beat SP in less than 2 days and then u only play MP after that short and sweet but it is most definatly not for the SP so if you suck at most FPS ur time is mostly gonna be spent in MP still im gettin it :shifty:

I'm glad you like it. I'll prolly like it too. but I am still hoping for some modders to create lots of those 4 man types then, becuase i love having the move tools, the sat map etc. mostly the squad order tools though. I enjoy the lack of ambuguity on move and cover orders afforded by the squad leader tools. no one messed with making those in GRAW1, so all you got was the originalk campaign.

Well from my experience Sleepy the move orders dont work in Coop anyway, I've been playing with a few of the VOWS guys and none of us can see the move order icons except the person giving them and as we also dont get access to the overhead tactical map its a no go at the mo :)

I would also like to see some 4 player campaign maps from mappers please, that was one of the major probs with GRAW1 IMO, however I never really enjoyed MP modes in that but Recon Vs Assault is keeping me up at night :)

Oh and on a side note Sleepdoc Ive changed my xfire so check your private messages..

I'm glad you like it. I'll prolly like it too. but I am still hoping for some modders to create lots of those 4 man types then, becuase i love having the move tools, the sat map etc. mostly the squad order tools though. I enjoy the lack of ambuguity on move and cover orders afforded by the squad leader tools. no one messed with making those in GRAW1, so all you got was the originalk campaign.

Well from my experience Sleepy the move orders dont work in Coop anyway, I've been playing with a few of the VOWS guys and none of us can see the move order icons except the person giving them and as we also dont get access to the overhead tactical map its a no go at the mo :)

I would also like to see some 4 player campaign maps from mappers please, that was one of the major probs with GRAW1 IMO, however I never really enjoyed MP modes in that but Recon Vs Assault is keeping me up at night :)

Oh and on a side note Sleepdoc Ive changed my xfire so check your private messages..

Please god tell me this isnt true!!!!

Are you saying that in 4 player mission coop, my human buddies in my 4 man squad CANNOT see the "Move here" spirraling blue thingy on the ground?

Are you saying its a feature that only works in singple player?

are you saying that as squad lead in 4 man human coop, the SL can see his blue "move here" circle but no one else can?

OMG. please tell me it isnt so...... This worked perfectly in GRAW1..... and was the foundation of keeping the team moving as the squad leader intended with minimal ambiguity and confusion ...

I think you just broke my heart DES.....

Edited by Sleepdoc

Are you saying that in 4 player mission coop, my human buddies in my 4 man squad CANNOT see the "Move here" spirraling blue thingy on the ground?

are you saying that as squad lead in 4 man human coop, the SL can see his blue "move here" circle but no one else can?

What I am saying is that it probably is supposed to work as it did in GRAW1 but from our experiences it just doesnt, hopefully this isn't a widespread issue but certainly affected us in the couple of hours we've played (Myself, Razor, Daz, Ant, Hunter) if it is widespread lets hope it gets fixed quickly..

What I am saying is that it probably is supposed to work as it did in GRAW1 but from our experiences it just doesnt, hopefully this isn't a widespread issue but certainly affected us in the couple of hours we've played (Myself, Razor, Daz, Ant, Hunter) if it is widespread lets hope it gets fixed quickly..

Lets just be clear here Des.

We are talking about MISSION COOP (also called Story coop ... the 4 man only mode) . Not [GR] coop (now just called coop, the 12 man mode). You guys were trying this in MISSION COOP and saw these issues?

It was never supposed to work in 12 man mode, [GR] coop.

lmfao sucks to be u but i had an even worse experience i equipped all of my guys (four of us total) and as soon as we fast rope, half way down the rope 2 of my guys get blown away before they even hit the ground! but somehow i managed to get my with the marines and brown

SPOILER?

Hey I must have gotten a different version of the game than you all did cause in the final mission for me, there's an explosion and it goes to Mitchell barely walking out of the door that led down to the missile site with flames behind him and then he falls to his knees with his gun holding him up and then he falls on his stomach and the General or the briefing guy says "Don't die on me soldier!" Then a helicopter comes with Marines and Lt. Rosen says "You're going home soldier" and the Blackhawk flies away and the credits roll with all the songs playing.

Is that really the ending? I'm taking my time with the PC version so I'm only on mission 8. If that's the ending, it's a hell of a lot better than what I got on the Xbox 360 version. Don't remember the details, but Mitchell gets knocked down and blacks out for a second and it fades in to looking straight at the sky with Rosen's helo above. All the while the General and Rosen are talking to you and then it just ends. No credits scene or anything like the first game.

SP is OK for a warm up and getting used to the controls, movement, etc. MP is where it is at. I played the first mission in SP so far and if I get the time maybe I will finish it but it certainly isn't the reason I bought this game. I just wish that someone would make an [GR] Map Pack.

I havent made it to the end yet so I cant say whether the last mission is an anticlimax, however, what I can say is this:

For $50US, providing us with all those missions and amazing maps, imporved ai and gameplay, a decent MP pack, some coop maps, and Modding Tools still to follow, I am extremely happy with what I got.

If you did complete the SP in 5-6 hours then hats off, its taken me more then that and Im not done yet.

In addition, I will be replaying on harder levels with and without diamonds to increase the difficulty, and be exploiting the coop and modding side when it becomes avail to me.

so again, $50US - good value for money.

My SP wouldn't advance. I finished the Recon in Force, flew out but never got the new mission. From the menu I can only restart Recon in Force.

Finished with so so grade:

mission.jpg

Back at menu if I click on either continue or play mission it just starts Recon in Force all over again from the beginning.

menu.jpg

Edited by CJMello

Back at menu if I click on either continue or play mission it just starts Recon in Force all over again from the beginning.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f368/cjmello63/menu.jpg

In that screenshot "play mission" is not available.

Thats what his problem is. When he plays the mission in standard campaign mode (not "play mission" mode), he cannot advance to the next mission...

Being a SP guy, I find this game quite good. I am glad that GRIN put in the quick save. Forgot about it and was palying a mission (one in Act III) so many times I was getting discourage. So far I am duly impressed! Great job GRIN :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm really enjoying the SP so far. I'm on mission 9 and haven't had any load or save issues. The enemy can engage at quite a distance but I've been playing on HARD so I expected as much. Thanks GRIN for a fantastic game. If I had to take up a gripe it would be that the missions are not replayable with variation like previous Clancy games. I'd love a "Lone Wolf" or a "Terrorist Hunt" with all of the weapons unlocked.

I'm dissapointed in sp, the graphics are ok the sound is good enough, i got to "the long walk" i think it was called and enough was enough i uninstalled the game, i was a bit fed up of the levels / maps they seemed quite linear ...very bland and boring.

i know what happend i got the bareley comes out alive ending u didnt get close enuf to the safe zone thats how u get the kool ending

actually. the first time I played it I got the the final stairs when it just ended. I was surprised there was no real ending to it, so I played it again. This time I got far outside the compound, still didn't get the ending.