Thank You GRIN for GRAW2!

Besides my crashes (a solution will be found i'm sure) I really like GRAW2 (PC)...

The maps (most important to me) rock!!!! From a design and artictic point of view!

Just Thank You ! :thumbsup:

You've got to be freaking kidding me ???????!?!?!?! After all this delay and the quoted "16-20 hour work days" on one of the "inside GRIN" videos they still didn't get it right ? The damn thing for 360 came out in March and it ran spotless.

If this is true Im truely regretting being overzealous once again and preordering my copy in nothing more than pure faith and loyalty to the Tom Clancy brand (sounds alot like a religion). This little alter boy can only be molested so many times. If it sucks I'm not having it ruin my computer again by crashes. Its either going back to the store or on Ebay.

If what Erixx said isn't true please accept my humblest apologies and disregard my rant above.

Edited by JasonFMX

lol cangaroo. I must of caught that as you were making that post.

On a second thought though. you know what they should of done?... they shouldn't of been trying to keep up with the consoles, they should of kept the PC as seperate as the game itself is different from PC to console. What I mean by that is, when they released GRAW 1 take all the time they need to complete it and get it right and simply FREAKING COMMUNICATE with the fans and let them know whats up so then we are all cool with whats going on. THEN, after its released bug free (or with normal amounts of bugs not severe random crashes) which would of been probably summer or fall of last year, we play our little hearts out.... THEN when GRAW2 is announced for consoles the guys at GRIN (with UBIs go ahead) tell them to make an expansion pack just like old ghost which would have to include the old option to turn on and off mods in game which we've all asked for in the past ( or not, I'm sure theres plenty of ways to work around it) and don't worry about updating graphics, jsut keep everything EXACTLY the same as it was in GRAW 1 with just new maps, missions, weapons... whatever.

This would save a hell of alot of time, alot of money, and would be easier for everyone.

One thing I find in alot of professions with educated professional people is they are good at the thing they do but not at bussines or just plain ole common sense and the simplest of things like this go over their head. They get filled with thoughts of granduer (sp) and it smashes them right in the face. Now, we'll have our game July 18th and its gonna suck and we're gonna have to wait till fall before its playable and the next Ghost is out. It wont be GRAW anymore it will be HALO - Graw or something, or BF- GRAW

You guys ever play Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox ? Its a good game and I'm trying to either search for, or make an emulator to run on PC. I think we need to petition UBI to release to us the PC version for cost or free or charge they had. And the very talented modding team here at GR.net will get it working and we can play that. I'm going down to the PC section of this site to start a thread about it.

Edited by JasonFMX

No disregard to anyone .. and really I am tired of seeing people continually get this point across.. but for the last time..

A look at Consoles:

Same platform, same hardware.. same everything for each person that buys it. (Games are still buggy)

PC's = Many different hardware configuration, many different driver version, different operating systems, many different states of overall Computer health.

in which can = crashes, poor performance ... problems.

Now I can't speak in regards to GRAW2 as I still don't have my copy.. But I have a feeling that if GRIN'S testing PC's crashed all the time, it would not have passed QA.

I also have a feeling thought that GRIN'S QA process is not include grabbing someone's defunct PC from some guy/girl who does not know the difference between a right click and a left click on a mouse.

Again, maybe your crash is specific to your hardware/software/overall PC state or maybe it is genuine and is something we will all incounter..

But you have a PC .. PC's are for those who like to try to figure out things and relying on someone's elses probelm and having them decide on the fate of 'Will I buy it' will I not espeically after the final comments where ..

<quote>The maps (most important to me) rock!!!! From a design and artictic point of view!

Just Thank You ! <\quote>

Just seems crazy to me .. but again this is just my opinion and not an attack on any one individual...

In various formats, 16:10, 16:9 & 4:3 some screen shots from our first in-game plays, The colours are great the lighting a real treat and the sound as always the best. Many might say it has bugs, but overall the package has been delivered and GRIN has done GRAW2 proud. Now the hot patches & monthly mega patches are on there way with the missing editor and additional maps (hopefully) we have our baby.

PC SHOTS NOT X360

For all those still thinking about it or holding off for the bargin bucket, think again,

this tactical shooter rocks. Here are some screenies to wet your appetite, I can tell

you that they look even nicer in game.

CLICK THEM FOR FULL SIZE

graw250_resize.jpg

graw236_resize.jpg

graw254_resize.jpg

graw2140_resize.jpg

graw208_resize.jpg

graw22007-07-0915-38-11-71_resize.jpg

graw22007-07-0915-50-41-93_resize.jpg

graw2coop10_resize.jpg

Explosion9graw2_resize.jpg

graw2168_resize.jpg

graw2171_resize.jpg

graw288_resize.jpg

p.s. Thankyou to my on-line retailer too

Besides my crashes (a solution will be found i'm sure) I really like GRAW2 (PC)...

The maps (most important to me) rock!!!! From a design and artictic point of view!

Just Thank You ! :thumbsup:

I think I will join in on this one as an overall package and I take the whole package into consideration yes its a great game with loads of potential for future development by Grin and moders alike.

I think I fully understand the restraints laid down on you by the publisher, but some how you have managed to pull off a great game.

The game does need fixes in many areas but thats not what this post is about, that is for another topic.

Well done Guys/Girls in the time you have had its amazing what you have released.

Very much look forward to updates and above all an expansion pack this game truly deserves it.

Edited by Colin

No disregard to anyone .. and really I am tired of seeing people continually get this point across.. but for the last time..

A look at Consoles:

Same platform, same hardware.. same everything for each person that buys it. (Games are still buggy)

PC's = Many different hardware configuration, many different driver version, different operating systems, many different states of overall Computer health.

in which can = crashes, poor performance ... problems.

Now I can't speak in regards to GRAW2 as I still don't have my copy.. But I have a feeling that if GRIN'S testing PC's crashed all the time, it would not have passed QA.

I also have a feeling thought that GRIN'S QA process is not include grabbing someone's defunct PC from some guy/girl who does not know the difference between a right click and a left click on a mouse.

Again, maybe your crash is specific to your hardware/software/overall PC state or maybe it is genuine and is something we will all incounter..

But you have a PC .. PC's are for those who like to try to figure out things and relying on someone's elses probelm and having them decide on the fate of 'Will I buy it' will I not espeically after the final comments where ..

<quote>The maps (most important to me) rock!!!! From a design and artictic point of view!

Just Thank You ! <\quote>

Just seems crazy to me .. but again this is just my opinion and not an attack on any one individual...

but whats wrong with my idea of just expanding GRAW 1 instead of going through the growing pains again ? I just hope to heck my game doesnt crash 4 times a session. if it does I'm gonna go ballastic. NO OTHER game does this to me like GRAW 1 did when it first came out. It doesnt now, nor still does any other game. Its GRIN man... its GRIN. It seems that too many other people have the same situation to disagree.

just a PS. consoles are fun too. I had an XBOX and I have a 360. I play them all the time, they are a blast. I currently still play ghost recon 2 for regular Xbox. sometimes the simplicity is what makes it great. Sorry if I'm missing points but I'm in a hurry to get out the door here so I'm making this quick.

Edited by JasonFMX

On the other side of the coin, I found GRAW2 a refreshing change, so much has been improved or built on, I see the new colours, camos works a treat, the weapons change over speed is slick, the game wipes the floor with the kiddies X360 and the whole thing ran stable, I had one crash, which on the second time in, did not occur, I would like to see:

Some documentation for setting up servers, the editor? which is not there, tutorials for the editor, some extra maps, the ability to choose camo when map building, a few extra objectives instead of only 3 max and when available a map pack like [GR] had.

The game is not perfect but it's a better game all round and more playable. Server lag can still be seen with high speed running by default sometimes (when there's alot of action), but in general the base is solid, if I had a choice with X360 & PC, The PC version wins all day. The only thing that is true, is that the missions (all 10) are fun and challenging but over and done in a small block of hours. This game needs modders like a forum needs members.

This game needs modders like a forum needs members.

Bingo. The real play for GRiN is to provide the tools in tip top shape. If they do that, I'm guesing this thing will get long legs from teh modders. and few will remmeber the original 10 missions a year or so from now. They will server more as examples and intial play time.

Hurra! I updated to the latest Geforce drivers for Vista 64 bits (of 11 July) and I could play for hours with no crashes!!!! :) :) :)

BTW, my computer is the same as last year (only more RAM) and GRAW2 runs much better than GRAW1!

So the engine is good, the game is good, and the problem was the video driver.

:) the own goal is me showing it like it is, I know GRAW2 still has some of the old quirks (and that picture shows one), but in general most things have been sorted and the game is actually now in the same category as [GR] where graw1 was never a [GR] contender.

:) the own goal is me showing it like it is, I know GRAW2 still has some of the old quirks (and that picture shows one), but in general most things have been sorted and the game is actually now in the same category as [GR] where graw1 was never a [GR] contender.

I know I know, i mean that this screen is not the very right one You should post after saying how good this game is ;) I know that every game has bugs like this, so dont get me wrong. I like the game and ill buy it for sure. This time GRIN did the right job, no doubt they were listening what community was saying during last year about GRAW1, they fixed obvious problems and added lots of features stright from [GR] ( kits, tac map etc). I think that GRAW 2 will be a huge succes and im waiting for new maps&weapons ( in patches hopefully) and for expansion pack :rolleyes: