• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure: Driver- Im sure i parked the Smerch here :huh:

Officer- So were the hell is it ? :unsure:

parking.jpg

. :wall: I think i have a scale problem :o

OR

Ghost lead to squad " S**t were going to need a bigger gun :o=

@ Phlookian, Its set to meters ? but the moddel is only 3 meters high acording to Max ? also i dont see a setting for Centameter only Inchs and meters ? Just made it the same as the other vehicles i have done and i only had minor scale ajustment ot make to them ?

Edited by Hammer

:D All sorted now :yes: Its in game and working carring a crew of 4

smerch%2001.jpg

@ Pylookian I sorted it out and yes it was the units that were set wrong, and i didnt notice they had a scrol bar in the options . :wall: thats why i didnt see the "CM" settings.

@ Wombat :rofl: i blew out all the tyers on one side and the body drop cruched the Kremilen :rofl:

It will be a static version with raised tubes as in the pic in post 14 of this thread, only the whole vehicle will be raised off the ground on its out-riggers. I just have to work out the placing of the helper points to get the smoke from the projectile looking right. :whistle: *starts typing a help message to Tinker* :D

Well I can maybe help you with that.........

the helper point(s) must be created in the top view and labelled with the name for the effect you want:

eg.

^smoke_small_type1

^smoke_small_type2

^smoke_small_type3

^smoke_medium_type1

^smoke_medium_type2

^smoke_medium_type3

^smoke_large_type1

^smoke_large_type2

^smoke_large_type3

^general_type36

The type 1 smokes are thick black oil fires

the type 2 are grey versions of type1

the type 3 are swirly grey clouds (but heavy drain on system resources

the type 36 is a very small smoke column

In addition to this you can control the effects with regard to time

eg:

^general_type36(50)(10)

this is the type 36 smoke that will last for 50 seconds and with a 10 second delay before beginning

all effects must be grouped in the main body group of the vehicle

if you want effects to trigger on the vehicles destruction they must be like this:

^[d0]smoke_large_type1

(the 0 in brackets is a zero)

Effects will trigger vertically unless you rotate the helper (in which case they will be rotated by the same amount)

How'd I do? :rocky:

Oh, yeah

Forgot to mention:

It's not only effects that can be triggered on the vehicles death

If you want you can include death animations for the vehicle

For example, your raised tubes could come crashing down.

If your interested in this let me know and I'll go through the tagging and exporting procedure

;)

Thank you any help would be great :yes:

what im trying to do is creat the effect of a rocket being fired, so it has a back blast like the effect from an AT round ? is that possible Mig sent me some SS of a vehicle launching rockets that had this effect but it seemed miss placed on the moddel

grads4.jpg

grads2.jpg

would it be possible to inhance this effect ?

I'll have a look into this.

TBH I might make a firing version of my Tor launcher for P2 so it's some thing I had to explore sooner or later anyhow

let me get back to you........

BTW, what is your vehicle tagged as? truck, tank etc?

If it's a truck you might have trouble triggering the sound .wav's for the vehicle

Also you might want to think about the following:

crew positions if any

glass

doors

headlights

these can all be added regardless of the vehicle type

couple more in game shots of the Smerch just sittin on a road.....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/smerch1.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/migryder/smerch2.jpg

nice work Hammer, hope all that firing stuff gets worked out ok, looks like you got Phlookian going there.... :) so I guess the map is appropriate....

mig :ph34r:

Well, I've been at this a coupla hours now and I've pretty much found out what's not possible :P

It's not possible to add fx onto projectiles, or give the at4 missile to the main gun, or add extra firing fx. In addition to this the tank guns have to be attached to a rotating turret (and the smerch tubes don't rotate)

The bottom line here is that you won't be able to make a working gun out of this

I do, however have an idea

I can maybe make a "dummy" vehicle which will sit in the same location as the smerch, triggering the destruction of the dummy will trigger various fx

I think this can be done but I'll need a max file of the finished vehicle (with tubes in position)

I think I'll let you complete the vehicle and then go from there

I'm pretty sure it can be done but I need something to work from

:whistle:

Well, I've been at this a coupla hours now and I've pretty much found out what's not possible :P

It's not possible to add fx onto projectiles, or give the at4 missile to the main gun, or add extra firing fx. In addition to this the tank guns have to be attached to a rotating turret (and the smerch tubes don't rotate)

The bottom line here is that you won't be able to make a working gun out of this

I do, however have an idea

I can maybe make a "dummy" vehicle which will sit in the same location as the smerch, triggering the destruction of the dummy will trigger various fx

I think this can be done but I'll need a max file of the finished vehicle (with tubes in position)

I think I'll let you complete the vehicle and then go from there

I'm pretty sure it can be done but I need something to work from

:whistle:

Thanks for looking into this, i will admit its a bit beyond my knowleg at the moment :unsure so are you saying that i dont need to tag one of the tubes? as a weapon and if not what other helpers do i need to set if the vechicle is going to be static ? Im guesing at least:- "O main ref" and "O body" will i still need to do the wheels ? or will i need to tag the out riggers as they will be supporting the vehicle ?

Edited by Hammer

OK, here's how it works (to the best of my ability anyhow)

The helper points etc are directly linked to preset triggers within the game engine so there aren't so many rules you can break.

1. gun/ turret arrangements

The main gun and machine gun are attached to the <n><turret> object which is attached to the vehicle body

The turret will track enemies and attack them

the helpers attached to the main gun produce the muzzleflash objects

the main gun works with projectiles (.prj) these are shells etc and have no in built effects

The projectile launches from within the turret

the launch effects (trailing smoke and light) are preset from within the game engine (as is the vehicle shaking when the gun fires)

It is not possible to attach additional helpers that trigger when fired

the ^BackBlastPoint helper does not work either

2. Wheels

If the wheels are off the ground I don't think they will have an effect but to be safe you might want to make these as part of the mesh.

It might be possible to group these as <n>objects and link the tyre hiss sound to them

3. I think its best to just make the vehicle as you are and (if you'll trust me) I'll have a look at adding helpers etc

I've played around with this quite a lot with the 2 vehicles i've made for p2 and once I get it the best I can I'll send it back over and go through what I've done.

The bottom line is that these vehicles want to look like they're doing something and I think I can acheive that.

To make a vehicle that actually destroys something without a rotating turret and with extra smoke etc may not be possible

sorry :huh:

:thumbsup: thanks, i have no problem with handing my max model over to a respected :yes: member of the modding community, i hope to get it finished today if you want to PM me with an email add i will send it when its done.

I think :unsure: with the fireing range of the smerch you would have to have a BIG map to hit a given target, so i think what Mig is looking for is just a fireing effect with the smerch shooting at unseen targets off map. If i have understood correctly :unsure:

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Edited by Hammer

Jeez! (I'm respectable? How'd that happen? :D )

OK i'll PM you my mail addy

I think i'm probly on a 2 meg limit for file size though so if it tips over you might have to break the file up ;)

Well if you only need the Max file its 512kb but the with the RSB's it puts it up to 3MB :unsure:

update pic Out riggers deployed and tubes in fireing position :D

smerch03b.jpg

Edited by Hammer