Gun sounds still weak

man, this sucks. It still feels like the gun sounds are way too weak. They don't feel powerful and sound like toys

the only weapon that sounds "good" are the MK46 and the M14. The other sounds are good, but WEAK! I don't want to turn my volume up, because I don't want my ears to bleed when stuff start to blow up or Brown opens up with his MK46

It also seems that the sounds are delayed on some of the weapons, like the sound comes a couple of ms after the muzzle flash. Enough to make me notice the delay. These problems have pretty much made me put silencers on all the weapons, cause it sounds A LITTLE better. still the sound is delayed though

still can't pick my SB Audigy 4 in the options menu, it's still just Generic Software or Generic Hardware

hope a patch fixes this. The sounds were always one of GR's strongest sides

Edited by Cirap

I agree, still lots of sound bugs. Sometimes thete is no sound of gunshots and reloading. Sometimes i can only hear echo of gunshot. Sometimes my gunshots sounds like from a distance. I love sounds in GRAW2 but there is so many bugs >_< please fix it asap.

The only way you will be able to get the full sound is with a X-FI card anyways.Did you check your audio properties in control panel to make sure your cound card is selected under all the options in every tab?Creative drivers are some of the worst to install correctly.If its not listed in your sound properties go to Creative and follow there clean install for there drivers and reinstall them.

I have an Audigy 2 PL, lot of sound bugs in hardware, have to play software.

Tried with updated Creative drivers and also with KX ones, bugs are still there (mainly no sound from my gun, it's the most annoying). These bugs exists from closed beta...

All other games (not many tried btw...) are OK.

P.S. thinking to change Audigy (I need a new soundcard for my work PC) with an X-Fi, I would like to know if every model is OK (Xtreme Gamer line) to have a full effect sound with GRAW2 or I need a very expensive one with X-Ram?

Does GRAW2 have an advantage in terms of FPS from X-Ram equipped cards?

I have an Audigy 2 PL, lot of sound bugs in hardware, have to play software.

Tried with updated Creative drivers and also with KX ones, bugs are still there (mainly no sound from my gun, it's the most annoying). These bugs exists from closed beta...

All other games (not many tried btw...) are OK.

P.S. thinking to change Audigy (I need a new soundcard for my work PC) with an X-Fi, I would like to know if every model is OK (Xtreme Gamer line) to have a full effect sound with GRAW2 or I need a very expensive one with X-Ram?

Does GRAW2 have an advantage in terms of FPS from X-Ram equipped cards?

most X-Fi cards should be fine, but stay away from Xtreme Audio, as that one is based on the much older Audigy 2 SE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Fi#Current_X-Fi_line-up

I have the X-FI sound blaster And i think the gun sounds are good..

Does anyone know if the sounds are all .wavs and open source?..

Maybe someone can make a sound mod!..

Desmond posted a couple of months ago how to access the sound banks, how to change the sounds, etc. However, that was for GRAW1 so the method may or may not have changed.

I understand being upset with sound bugs - i.e. no sound or delayed saounds, but as far as the actual weapon sounds are concerned, I'd bet they are made by recording the actual weapon. So, the sounds are authentic. How can you complain about that?