Ghost Recon.net Forums

:unsure: I know its a long shot <_< But has anybody out there managed to get Max 5 working on Vista ?? If so how :unsure: I had to get a new lappy but it cam with Vista now my max5 will not install :wall:

Not to hijack the thread, but here goes....

I will be faced with more or less the same problem soon as I will be buying a new rig with Vista installed on it (they don't have the option to let me have XP on it (they will let me have it with no OS installed, but I wouldn't know how to install it from scratch (i'm used to installing them from desktop))). I've heard of the problems some people are getting with some games running/installing on the Vista OS, so I have been wondering if the following games will work on Vista: Dawn of War (this is of utmost importance as I am working on a large scale mod for Dawn of War), Ghost Recon, FEAR, HL2, Serious Sam 2 and Far Cry.

If they won't work in Vista, I guess I could 'recycle' the HD from my current rig, complete with my XP install already on it by putting it in the new rig.

Not to hijack the thread, but here goes....

I will be faced with more or less the same problem soon as I will be buying a new rig with Vista installed on it (they don't have the option to let me have XP on it (they will let me have it with no OS installed, but I wouldn't know how to install it from scratch (i'm used to installing them from desktop))). I've heard of the problems some people are getting with some games running/installing on the Vista OS, so I have been wondering if the following games will work on Vista: Dawn of War (this is of utmost importance as I am working on a large scale mod for Dawn of War), Ghost Recon, FEAR, HL2, Serious Sam 2 and Far Cry.

If they won't work in Vista, I guess I could 'recycle' the HD from my current rig, complete with my XP install already on it by putting it in the new rig.

I cant speak for all the games on your list WD but Ghost Recon runs on my laptop with Vista home premum with no problems and it looks lush :yes: Not quite sure why !!! as i run it on my pc (XP, 2.6 duo core, 2gb ram, 512mb nvida 7950gt card) with all setting high and yet some how it looks better on my laptop (Vista 1.8 duo core 2gb ram 128mb ATI 1250 xpress card :unsure: could vista be making the difference ?