GR:AW 2 Released JB Hi-Fi Perth

Sorry about the off topic comment...

But I read earler in this topic:

charliebrownau said: Jul 11 2007

"what Ive read it seems ORG coop was removed."

I didn't know this? I looked and searched but don't see anything about this. Did I miss somthing?

Last I read about this was this.

GRIN_Brimstone said: Jun 10 2007

"Coop (or OGRcoop) is a multiplayer custom game mode, with a bunch of missions supplied from start to give you an idea of what you can do - and then you make the rest. The ones in from release (and planned for the first patch) is quite hard I should warn you - but the team can consist of up to 12 ghosts so..."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the off topic comment...

But I read earler in this topic:

charliebrownau said: Jul 11 2007

"what Ive read it seems ORG coop was removed."

I didn't know this? I looked and searched but don't see anything about this. Did I miss somthing?

Last I read about this was this.

GRIN_Brimstone said: Jun 10 2007

"Coop (or OGRcoop) is a multiplayer custom game mode, with a bunch of missions supplied from start to give you an idea of what you can do - and then you make the rest. The ones in from release (and planned for the first patch) is quite hard I should warn you - but the team can consist of up to 12 ghosts so..."

It's not called [GR] coop anymore. Just coop.

I got my copy also as well as my roomate. My first initial response was wow this is awesome. It feels alot more like ghost recon the original with a little bit of ravenshield. the difficulty ranges go from easy which seems a little too easy, medium which is a nice balance, and hard where a tank can snipe you from 200 yards through the jungle at dusk. In hard they always seem to know where you're at all times no matter if you go around the world on your belly they know. In [GR] coop mode there is 3 missions for lan. The multiplayer options dont allow for respawn amounts or really any kind of options. You have unlimited respawns no matter if your teammate is alive or not. You can select from 5 different classes and actually have time to choose the first time, after that the other respawns give you five seconds to make your choice.

In lan campaign mode you are given the whole rundown of the mission with video and all, a nice touch. You are not given any options for respawns but you can respawn all day as long as one teammate stays alive and is not under fire. If you all go, get ready for a huge load time. Sometimes on Vista it will disconnect you from the server saying it times out. only after loading for 5 minutes. I have had to exit all the way out to fix it for two times then it did it again. On mission 5 there seems to be some bug where you get kicked for team killing even though the guys are trying to kill you and will if you dont man up.

To sum it up they got the gameplay right, they do have some nice options, they just need to get rid of the bugs and give more options in multiplayer. The controls are tight, the graphics are nice and run better than the demo. I dont see why you have to reload the whole mission when failing in lan campaign, It really puts alot of wait time in gaming that shouldnt be there.

btw for the guy with wrong version showing I had that trouble when I mistakenly would run the demo instead of the full game.

I can't read it anymore or my head's gonna explode. I gotta wait til the 17th to get my copy. Takin 60 bux from the bank and gonna camp out at EB Games the whole day on the 17th. It's gotta be comin out on the 17th if it's already been released elsewhere. So I'm gonna go against all the advice and get my hopes up about July 17th. You know I knew something was up. Cause yesterday, EB Games, emailed me about a change in the release date. It said the old one was September 18th, 2007 and the New Release Date was 7/17/2007. I didn't wanna say anything cause I didn't wanna freak anyone out. Anyways, I'm gonna stop reading these forums and just stick to the Real World Military forums until it comes out. I already saw the sweet island looking ones. I hope that was Aegia Island cause I don't have a physx card and those pix were too sweet. All I can say is splat.

I got my copy also as well as my roomate. My first initial response was wow this is awesome. It feels alot more like ghost recon the original with a little bit of ravenshield. the difficulty ranges go from easy which seems a little too easy, medium which is a nice balance, and hard where a tank can snipe you from 200 yards through the jungle at dusk. In hard they always seem to know where you're at all times no matter if you go around the world on your belly they know. In [GR] coop mode there is 3 missions for lan. The multiplayer options dont allow for respawn amounts or really any kind of options. You have unlimited respawns no matter if your teammate is alive or not. You can select from 5 different classes and actually have time to choose the first time, after that the other respawns give you five seconds to make your choice.

In lan campaign mode you are given the whole rundown of the mission with video and all, a nice touch. You are not given any options for respawns but you can respawn all day as long as one teammate stays alive and is not under fire. If you all go, get ready for a huge load time. Sometimes on Vista it will disconnect you from the server saying it times out. only after loading for 5 minutes. I have had to exit all the way out to fix it for two times then it did it again. On mission 5 there seems to be some bug where you get kicked for team killing even though the guys are trying to kill you and will if you dont man up.

To sum it up they got the gameplay right, they do have some nice options, they just need to get rid of the bugs and give more options in multiplayer. The controls are tight, the graphics are nice and run better than the demo. I dont see why you have to reload the whole mission when failing in lan campaign, It really puts alot of wait time in gaming that shouldnt be there.

btw for the guy with wrong version showing I had that trouble when I mistakenly would run the demo instead of the full game.

the difficulty ranges (4 levels)

easy/medium/hard/hardcore

In [GR] coop mode there is 3 missions for lan

LAN & INTERNET

The multiplayer options dont allow for respawn amounts or really any kind of options.

NOT TRUE read below & see the picture

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<game_info password="xxxxx" admin_password="xxxxxxxl" internet_speed="3000">

<server_settings type="coop">

<game_difficulty value="hardcore"/>

<gamespy_ranked value="false"/>

<match_length value="55"/>

<max_deaths value="3"/>

<max_players value="12"/>

<round_length value="10"/>

<spawn_time value="15"/>

</server_settings>

<server_settings type="rvsa">

<match_length value="15"/>

<max_players value="32"/>

</server_settings>

<gametype_settings>

<auto_balance_limit value="2"/>

<immortality_duration value="6"/>

<match_length value="55"/>

<message_of_the_day value="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"/>

<name value="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"/>

<start_condition value="4"/>

<teamkill_kick_limit value="2"/>

<vote_kick_starters value="2"/>

<vote_map_starters value="2"/>

<vote_ratio value="50"/>

<vote_time value="20"/>

</gametype_settings>

<match_info level="coop_quarry" order="1">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_timber" order="2">

</match_info>

<match_info level="coop_sierra" order="3">

</match_info>

</game_info>

server.jpg

In lan campaign mode you are given the whole rundown of the mission with video and all, a nice touch. You are not given any options for respawns but you can respawn all day as long as one teammate stays alive and is not under fire.

Not true again (see this picture)

camp_server.jpg

All the options for multiplayer are there you just need to look (USE THE SLIDER and MOVE DOWN THE MENU).

viii

Error Message:

Crash in application version: 30292.2658

data\lib\units\extensions\animatedjet.dsf(-1): cant find member: front in type <void>

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

This happens every time you open the tactical map and command issues to the US Marines or your squad in Mission 10 "The Last Stand" (specifically this happens after the second save when the game gives you reinforcements). So this error makes almost impossible to finish the mission in hardcore difficulty.

Edited by john2gr

I thought I had made that mistake too it first happened but I checked and I had launched the non demo version, however when I started the game this morning it offered me the patch. So I no longer get the message. :thumbsup:

Now I just ned the peeps in the USA to get the game so I can play multiplayer :lol:

Thanks jonelo for the videos....hope other ppl can share their videos also.

BTW, whats your PC specs and video setting on those?

They are awesomely detailed, going to show off these videos to my 360-bragging co-workers :P

8800 GTX + c2 2750 mhz . But is very hard for the hard disc , the framerate drop at 15 - 20 -25 fps . in some situations at 5 -10 fps Capture is with fraps in AVI , at 1080 p - . After . cut , editing and recoding at 720 p in Mpeg2 a 25 Mbs and after in Divx at 13 Mmb. This is the essential part , recoding with one custom porfile with Divx Doctor . The Quality drop is in this process.

And other video more , small . 58 mb Night-level

http://stage6.divx.com/Oritxupolite-Game-v...-HD-Night-level

1405093t.jpg

Edited by jonelo

I can wait till next month to get the game. hopefully a patch will arrive by then and I heard from someone who got their official copy of the game that the editor isn't in the game yet.. :hmm: I think this happened with GRAW1 no?

but we will have the usual server join issues and crashes..yeah I can wait. :thumbsup:

Thanks jonelo for the videos....hope other ppl can share their videos also.

BTW, whats your PC specs and video setting on those?

They are awesomely detailed, going to show off these videos to my 360-bragging co-workers :P

8800 GTX + c2 2750 mhz . But is very hard for the hard disc , the framerate drop at 15 - 20 -25 fps . in some situations at 5 -10 fps Capture is with fraps in AVI , at 1080 p - . After . cut , editing and recoding at 720 p in Mpeg2 a 25 Mbs and after in Divx at 13 Mmb. This is the essential part , recoding with one custom porfile with Divx Doctor . The Quality drop is in this process.

And other video more , small . 58 mb Night-level

http://stage6.divx.com/Oritxupolite-Game-v...-HD-Night-level

1405093t.jpg

I just want to thank you for taking the time, and I know editing and crunching movie files takes a long time.

Very much appreciate it. :thumbsup:

I bought it this morning in the Netherlands for 44,95 Euro. The shop said they had it for sale since yesterday afternoon. Make sure you update the game first thru multiplayer cause the patch will remove all your saved games.

Needless to say this game rocks! :rambo:

Edited by IRU_The_Donk