Not possible to pick up ammo in GRAW2?

Dear GRIN,

First off - congratulations with completing GRAW2. It looks like a very interesting game.

I had a question in the SP Demo Feedback topic, asking if not being able to pick up ammo like in GRAW1 was a bug?

GRIN_Wolfsong was kind enough to PM me that it was not a bug and that you had the choice of picking up an enemy weapon instead.

May I ask you why you decided to change picking up ammo - a gameplay aspect that I thought worked very well in GRAW1?

Thanks

:) MadMike

Between that, and the lower mag count, I'm actually happy. If you run out of ammo, you actually have to use a secondary or pick up a fallen enemies weapon rather than magically grab a fallen guns magazine that happens to always be full.

Between that, and the lower mag count, I'm actually happy. If you run out of ammo, you actually have to use a secondary or pick up a fallen enemies weapon rather than magically grab a fallen guns magazine that happens to always be full.

i agree. also you would have to load every single round into your empty mag. or do the mags of different weapons fit into each other? doubt it.

besides: now that you have a smg as a secondary weapon it shoudn't be that big prob. normally im on single shot anyways... :whistle:

teh only good way to pick up ammo would be exchanging the round form the enemy's mag into yours, and believe me that only happens when the going gets really tuff.... (like the case in mogadishu in the 90's)

It would take time and make you very vurnerable, it would only be fun in a very long/realistic SP mission or with a clan that really likes to play tactical.

I had a question in the SP Demo Feedback topic, asking if not being able to pick up ammo like in GRAW1 was a bug?

GRIN_Wolfsong was kind enough to PM me that it was not a bug and that you had the choice of picking up an enemy weapon instead.

May I ask you why you decided to change picking up ammo - a gameplay aspect that I thought worked very well in GRAW1?

i agree. also you would have to load every single round into your empty mag. or do the mags of different weapons fit into each other? doubt it.

besides: now that you have a smg as a secondary weapon it shoudn't be that big prob. normally im on single shot anyways... :whistle:

I've played it both ways and this new method is far superior than the mag crap that came before. The way grin has it now is sweet, the pros:

You start to look after your primary ammo

You start to use your secondary

You start to think what's the best combo

You actually become a better player

You control the way you shoot, short sharp bursts

lastly, anyone that disagrees or runs out of ammo constantly, needs military school :rofl:

I agree, I would prefer to be able scrounge similar magazines as well as pick up dropped weapons as the situation warrants. No need for stripper clips, that would require more animations, and we all know how Grin hates to add those. That's more work.

The way grin has it now is ...
...that they just substituted one action for another.

anyone that disagrees or runs out of ammo constantly, needs military school
You need ammo, for whatever reason, you go get it from the nearest available source -Military School #101

:D

Agree on that one.

anyone that disagrees or runs out of ammo constantly, needs military school
You need ammo, for whatever reason, you go get it from the nearest available source -Military School #101

:D

You make me smile, lets get 2 situations and see:

1: You are at a dead body there is a clip on the floor and a RPG with it's shells, the enemy tank approaches you need the RPG but you only have a RX4 semi auto rifle, what do you do? pick up the mag for the rifle and run like hell :rofl: or pick up the rpg and take your best shot at the tank?

2.Your down to your last 5 rounds and there's an enemy gun on the floor with it's mag in place, you hear footsteps, do you a) spin around the corner and empty your last 5 rounds and pray you take out the tango(s) or b) pick up the enemy rifle on the ground, check the clip count and if good, do the same as "A" but with a healthier clip & round count?

I'd take the new method over the old, you prefer the old or both, but we have not got both? or have we? actually there is a bug, which might not be a bug but a planned feature. Scenario "C"

You place your gun on the ground & pick up the enemies gun from the ground. Now place the enemies gun back down and pick up yours again, hey presto your clip is full. :thumbsup:

So have your cake and eat it.

The only time I could see this as a problem would be in missions created by the community, Silenced weapons running out during mission not be able to replenish.

But Im sure it wont be a large problem.

When my silenced M4 ran out in some mission I was like, oh no MP5 cut that away. So i grabbed an enemy G36K and bam 5 fresh mags :D Ammo is not a problem in SP, u can always resupply at those MULE things but I don't bother, easier to grab a dead guys gun.