can grin stop these hackers?

after watching some hacks on youtube of pc games and hacks with disgust and did a little searching with google, i may never play an online pc game again.

i didn't do a whole lot of searching but this is from my first search:

"Here at ********* we see no reason why you should ever lose again. Plus, We have the tools to make it happen.

What if you could...

* See through walls and easily locate your opponents?

* Have the computer help you aim so you always hit your enemy?

* Know your opponents health, weapon and more before you attack them?

You can click a game icon on the right to view more about what each hack does. Remember, one purchase gets you access to ALL the hacks for no additional cost!

That's what we offer at ***********, and so much more. You will get all the tools you need to become a consistent winner at any of the 20 games that we offer hacks for."

they also have a spot saved for crysis and the pc versions of gears of war, call of duty 4, and halo 3.

"********** has been known for over 3 years as the ultimate source for all things game hacking. We do this by keeping a steady and aggressive stance on the present, while keeping a watchful eye on the future. While our users are enjoying our hacks (For over 20 different games) we are in the middle of preparing to launch more hacks for the big games of 2007. All your soon to be favorites such as Crysis, ETQW, Halo 3, Team Fortress 2, COD4 and even BioShock are in our radar, among many others ( Full List over on the Hacks page.) This is the reason that ********* is the forerunner in the hack market- We provide more to our users that our competitors could even dream of. With our staff of coders and massive community of fellow hackers, you are sure to find everything you are looking for and more. So what are you waiting for soldier? Get in here and get the advantage! "

"********** is the leading source of Detection-Proof Hacks for the most popular FPS games existing. With our software you can finally get the edge that normally only comes after months of play. We understand not everyone can devote hundreds of hours to gameplay to get good, so thats why we introduced ******- A revolutionary system which builds a custom hack for you, and updates the hack as the anti cheats do. With our system, You can enjoy complete freedom from bans while you rage away. We also pride ourself on the fastest aimbots, The best features and the quickest updates of any site out there. Join up now and see we mean business! "

I dont even know what to say. Im not new to gaming, but that is the first time I have ever seen advertising for hacks. And I have to say, its pretty sad.

The biggest problem is the fact of all the accusations that fly, and with those you get people who feel they are being hacked, so why not do it back.

From all my years of gaming, nothing stops hacks faster than a good community. Of course you still need the help of a an A/C, but with a strong community, they seem to go away faster.

just an odd question but when someone connects and then gets disconnected after a while for "Modified files" does that mean they were using a cheat?

if so I'm really pist because this one guy (who's name I wont use) was accused of cheating after playing a good 10 minutes I'd only seen his name appear about 1-2 any where I'd hide somehow hed find me...

its quite sad that they didn't include punkbuster, which is quite sucessful at catching the MASS shared cheats like these guys are advertiseing.

PB-

fails on individual cheats (IE bob's created a speed hack)

but it suceeds in the massive cheats (IE tom's speed hack that's spread over 100+ players)

Edited by bangurdead

"******- A revolutionary system which builds a custom hack for you, and updates the hack as the anti cheats do. With our system, You can enjoy complete freedom from bans while you rage away. "

this is from just one result from a quick search. i have not done heavy research yet.

from my personal experience, i used to play cod:uo all the time. when you join a server with mods it will auto d/l for you. well somewhere i got the "admin wall hack" which i didn't know i had until i hosted a lan game with a friend.

this "admin wall hack" is most evil cause players trust the admin to kick hackers right? well as the admin i noticed some red words running around. it said "shoot me", it was tagging my friend and i could see his every move anywhere. through buildings, hills, ect.

thing is pb never detected it, even on pb enabled servers. im no hacker. i hate them. just giving a heads up.

if you suspect someone of cheating, they probably are. all hackers ban together and go around message boards calling people like me "crazy lol" or "you just suck" ect. hey they want everyone to think hacking in online games is rare. if everyone gets disgusted and quits, they wont have any fun.

All you have to do is give us your credit card #....

LOL!...

Probably a scam seriously with no real hacks.

Hackers don't do this stuff for money. they do it as proof of concept or because someone said it couldn't be done.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Thinning the herd, as it were. If you're dumb enough to give YOUR valid credit card information to folks who BOAST of their hacking skill (even if not in that exact context), you deserve to have your bank account raped in the face. Of course, there's always the stolen card numbers from phishing emails and such. So hack attract other hack who use their 1337h4x to outsmart each other, pierce the virtual hacking hymen, and get to the good stuff.

My head is spinning. I need a drink...

they are ligit along with countless other sites that sell pc game cheats. i think this online cheating is way bigger than people want to admit.

I just dont see it. I know there are cheaters, I know they are in every game, I guess they just dont hang the same places I do. Ive seen them, Ive caught them, but just not in the droves you seem to think are out there.

There will always be hackers/cheaters in any game, but the frequency and extent is always exagerated.

-Most MP players are fair, and honest gamers.

-Most owning in game is explained by experience, skill, map knowledge, and players using coms.

-Most "wierd" things in game are explained by opponent skill, map knowledge, players using coms, or lag.

-Most cheat accusations come from new players that can not handle taking a fair beating.

Importantly:

With a tight MP T vs T community like it was in GR, cheaters became quickly dealt with and banned by IP, but of course GR had replays and players could not hide from being reviewed in 2nd, 3rd and 1st person view. Sadly, the replay tool was dropped in GRAW/GRAW 2, :wall: which made having a clean server more difficult, speculative, and uncertain. The following confusion and frustration as a result, we can see by the creation of this thread...Lack of replays is simply devastating.

just an odd question but when someone connects and then gets disconnected after a while for "Modified files" does that mean they were using a cheat?

In GRAW the message "..altered gamefiles found" was usually due to a time-out between client and server, thus not true altered gamefiles (cheating), i.e., a bug in game that was never fully addressed. If you, when playing GRAW, got disconnected or had a game crash, your playername was likely visible in the chat box with the "altered gamefile message" (without you knowing it unless you had team mates on coms telling you).

What it seems like in GRAW 2 is that this "false positive altered game file message" was not quite dealt with, which is unfortunate as it gives the impression of players actully having altered gamefiles very frequent.

One of our guys made a "hack" for GR. When you clicked to install it there were 10,000 windows that started to open that said "Die Hacker Scum" and "You're a POS hacker". Stuff like that. He uploaded it to one of the cheat sites. It was still up last time I checked.

What makes a person want to cheat?

Could it be that they haven’t got the patients too learn the maps and weapons of a game.

Could it be that they have such a delusional opinion about themselves, they need to be the best in other people’s eyes, even though they know that they are a fraud.

Could it be that they have an I.Q of a peanut.

All the above is unacceptable, with the exemption of having an I.Q of a peanut, in that case, knock your self out.

Edited by Metal_Jacket

What makes a person want to cheat?

Could it be that they haven’t got the patients too learn the maps and weapons of a game.

Could it be that they have such a delusional opinion about themselves, they need to be the best in other people’s eyes, even though they know that they are a fraud.

Could it be that they have an I.Q of a peanut.

All the above is unacceptable, with the exemption of having an I.Q of a peanut, in that case, knock your self out.

It's human nature. It's exciting to break the rules, especially when you can get away with it <_<

Lots of people download games and movies illegally because it's free and they can get away with it. People cheat because they don't need any skills and they can get away with it. Just a guess...

well, most hackers I recon would be too lousy to buy graw/graw2, and since the anti-piracy seems fairle effective I recon we won't see much hacks.

I saw someone back whom rang me a bell, he was know for hacking graw1, but after a couple of months, maybe not even 3 you didn't see him in the servers anymore. Now again he was supposedly hacking, well I recon he will be playing for 2-3 months again and then he's done again.

I am fairly certain that we won't see many hacks, though you see a lot of youngsters running and gunning in the demo, finding out they are being owned by experienced players (like me huh huh) and starting to complain/use a speed hack, but I have my fun..... If you do not worry, and accuse immediately when someone owns you (I am not the best player myself) you have more fun, just let them cheats have some fun whilst the demo is free most of em will be gone soon. (thanks to active server admins......)

Edited by Forrester

To me this just goes to show how important groups like Alpha Squad and others are. You know you are playing with people you can trust. I've never played with the AFZ group because I don't play a lot of player vs. player games but you can tell from Roco's and others posts here that they are a stand up group. Just try to surround yourself with those types of players and you'll be good. I have found that games are much more enjoyable when you can find a core group of players to play with that you can trust.

I have really gotten away from the deathmatch type games because of player abuse and just the childesh type behaviour that goes on there. I love coop games. The enemy AI have a good excuse to when they cheat, they can just claim they were programed that way.

I dont play very much of the PvP type of mp games all that much, and besides counterstrike, this demo is the most I have actually played of it. But I can actually say that I havent run into anyone that hacks yet *knocks on wood* but I have played against some really good team players, which makes it very hard. I havent gotten to play against the AFZ team, but the Bota guys there make a very hard fight when they are playing together. If someone doesnt understand the concept of working together like they do, then I can see them getting called a hacker.

All you have to do is give us your credit card #....

LOL!...

Probably a scam seriously with no real hacks.

Hackers don't do this stuff for money. they do it as proof of concept or because someone said it couldn't be done.

Actually some do do it for money. But of course they don't use credit cards. They use Paypal and usually want $5.

I realize that this is a PC forum, but I have a question.

I play XBOX 360 multiplayer almost exclusively. I rarely ever see hacks and cheats...even in a game like Halo 2. This kind of thing is generally very rare. it is so rare, in fact, that most of these jerks spend more time trying to find in-game glitches or use modem-standby to get an advantage....I suppose since they can't introduce a hack into the XBOX LIVE system it is their only recourse to cheat.

Now I understand that only a fool would think that "nobody can hack a game on LIVE". I am CERTAIN that there are modded consoles and such....but it sure isn't as rampant as I remember it being on PC games. It definitely is not as rampant as what I have observed while my nephew plays his PC games. I have observed him using hacks. Needless to say I was disappointed to see him do that.

Fortunately, through my 14 year old nephew, I can clearly see that the PC community has a seedy undercurrent that is not unlike a lot of the XBOX LIVE's pre-teen nimrods. Furthermore, this is why most of the time I ONLY play with friends and members of a great online community I belong to. These issues can be avoided completely by a great bank of quality players.

My question is, what has been your experience with XBOX LIVE specifically? As I said, personally I have rarely witnessed hacking. Certainly I have observed players trying to use game quirks and glitches.

What has been your experience with the console controlled community XBOX LIVE? Any comments?

Playing with people you know isn't much better than playing on an open server if you're worried about hackers. We caught many people who we thought were reputable and who we'd matched against many times. The only way to slow down cheaters is to give server admins the tools they need to combat hackers. If GRIN's anti-cheat works it's a good start. What we need is replays. If we got those it would take me 5 minutes on Ventrilo w/someone from GRIN and I could tell them how to make a great server admin tool to watch replays with.

well we have always had the problem of cheaters. the dear old so-much-loved GR1 was full of cheats... names around the map, sudden death, speed hack, with one u could change the "level" of your soldier and u could shot from the sky! kinda crazy.

but there was a good thing: there were replays to be seen. this was teh 1st weapon of the community for cheaters. and, i think that in a good 90% of times, the replay could say if someone was good, or simply a cheater.

After really enjoying GR:AW I bought GR:AW2 at the weekend. Good game, impriovement over GR:AW, better maps etc. Game is a bit darker though and its definately harder to see enemies and also now harder to shoot them. All good.

However, I played a lot of multiplayer over the weekend and I'm already seeing a large amount of , what I perceive to be, cheating. The "see through" Wall and autoaim hacks seem to be in fairly wide use.

I hope they can stop this somehow or any open servers are going to become a joke.

there are 2 of us in bpr and a couple of other people that have a look around each week at the main online cheat forums to see if anything comes up.

to be honest i have about 10 or so of the main online cheat forums saved in bookmarks and check a couple of times a week to see what is happening. we only ever saw a few cheats for graw 1 but all the replies to the posts stated the never worked.

we have seen some serious begging from people on the forums for graw 2cheats but no one seems to want to no at the min which is a good thing.

it likes like the odd cheats that have come out like the so called speed hack we saw was only personal.

but all the so called cheats offered have been sent to chris at ubi so the devs can look at the them and see what they can do.

the main games people want to hack is counter strike, swat4 still and the call of duty games still.

lets hope they keep it this way and its only a few ###### knockers that have no life and fell they want to be the scum of the earth and cheat keep it that way.

But without a better mouse, we'd never invent a better mousetrap. Nice eh? Without more sophisticated hacks and cheats, we'd never refine and improve the anticheat software and procedures. And without those, there's be no need for the hacks to improve their skills and their techniques.

Which came first, the cheat or the anticheat? Hmm....