Seeing Your Weapons

I have been away from the Ghost Recon scene for some time, and wanted to know, has there been any talk of an upgrade, patch to Ghost Recon that will let you see the weapons, not just looking thru scopes, and cross hairs as it is now ? This to me is the only thing that kills the game :-/ Thanks

I hope GR2 will have this feature as an option. Especially if it works like Vietcong where you pull the weapon up and aim it, and it climbs with recoil instead of a funny little accuracy indicator. That would really make the game better for me. H&D aiming blocked too much of the screen. The kind of psuedo-aiming in Vietcong, half up the middle of the torso looking down the barrel in center screen looks better.

The following link of screenies shows (third from bottom on left) the traditional 'counterstrike' view, and (bottom left) the aiming view. To limit obstruction the rearsight is not used. Just line up the foresight and try to stay on target as the barrel climbs.

Aiming

This is done with a right click and also zooms a little (for focus). You can't run or crawl while aiming. The same function zooms sniper weapons.

Hard Rock what world do you live in hehe, in the real world when your carrying a wepon you can see it in front of you, it's just the way it is, I mean when was the last time you fired a real weapon when all you ever saw was a

cross hair, please dude lets be real here hehe :-)

Hard Rock what world do you live in hehe, in the real world when your carrying a wepon you can see it in front of you, it's just the way it is, I mean when was the last time you fired a real weapon when all you ever saw was a

cross hair, please dude lets be real here hehe :-)

can we not open this can of worms.

I totally understand, ronin, about that 'can of worms' but I just want to put my opinion foward to DasFox regarding the good old rifle in view/out of view topic; that if you were an elite, highly trained special forces soldier, I think the view of your rifle would be the last thing you would be 'aware' of.

Yes, it would (obviously) be there in front of you, but in the heat of battle or even patroling toward a location or whatever, there'd be so much concentration on where your 'bead' would be (where the little cross hairs are in GR) and your surroundings that I honestly reckon you'd hardly notice the actual rifle at all.

Also, what about when you're running along and sometimes standing there (in-game) when your rifle is held up at your side; then wouldn't having the rifle out in front be unrealistic?

Just my opinion.

I totally understand, ronin, about that 'can of worms' but I just want to put my opinion foward to DasFox regarding the good old rifle in view/out of view topic; that if you were an elite, highly trained special forces soldier, I think the view of your rifle would be the last thing you would be 'aware' of.

Yes, it would (obviously) be there in front of you, but in the heat of battle or even patroling toward a location or whatever, there'd be so much concentration on where your 'bead' would be (where the little cross hairs are in GR) and your surroundings that I honestly reckon you'd hardly notice the actual rifle at all.

Also, what about when you're running along and sometimes standing there (in-game) when your rifle is held up at your side; then wouldn't having the rifle out in front be unrealistic?

Just my opinion.

Players shouldn't be forced to play a super-realistic game, but the option should be available. Those who like traditional FPS weapon views and stock-to-shoulder aiming can activate it, and those that prefer not to can stick with the traditional RSE reticles. No need to argue whether it should be there for realism's sake; When half the gamers want it and the others do not, it should logically be an option.

I do agree with budgie.

One of my pet-peeves is seeing "Alpha Enemy Soldier Down" text. In my own opinion, I'd prefer to keep placing rounds in the baddies until they don't move. But others like the text.

- I'd like the ret hairs to bob up and down when sniping.

- What about true windage? We get a little meter that tells us which way the wind is blowing, and how strong. Therefore, we can truely snipe.

- Let's not forget about rifle jams. It would be totally random, and we would have to wait for a few seconds to clear it. Perhaps more time in the heat of combat, where you have to concentrate even harder.

These are just some of the things that I'd like in the next engine, however many people would think I'm just a hardcore wanna-be. GR is by far, one of the most realistic shooters in my opinion. Why not keep it that way, with avaliable options that one can enable/disable to suit preference. True, this configuration would require a more stout system to run on, but I think that by that time, most gamers would have the hardware necessary to run it.

Again, JMO

True, this configuration would require a more stout system to run on, but I think that by that time, most gamers would have the hardware necessary to run it.

dunno bout you man but where i am, we still in a recession. lets not give the developers any wrong ideas.

Just my opinion.

Players shouldn't be forced to play a super-realistic game, but the option should be available. Those who like traditional FPS weapon views and stock-to-shoulder aiming can activate it, and those that prefer not to can stick with the traditional RSE reticles. No need to argue whether it should be there for realism's sake; When half the gamers want it and the others do not, it should logically be an option.

I want to have GR2 as super realistic game!!! :angry:

:)

Fine, Fenyx. For players like you and me, the realism options should be there. Weapon view on/off, reticle on/off, realistic damage on/off, jamming on/off, windage etc... These tweaks need to be there so players can rachet up or down their level of realism. I said nobody should be forced to play a certain type of game. In todays game market the buyers are older wiser and more savvy. We want options and value for money - this means tweaks, customization and mod support. And to reach as wide an audience as possible one game should have the custom options to suit all types of player.

Again, though a little easy to play and lax in its damage model, Vietcong is a good current example of some features that TacSims should have. You can choose to have a reticle or not, difficulty levels, HUD settings etc.... Raven Shield has the weapon view on/off option.

OFP is pretty fun once you get the menu's figured out and controls for everything ,,the campaign takes a few weeks to play ,,I finally seen the credits a couple of days ago ,,by finishing the campaign,,

now it's time for round 2 with the Red Hammer , That comes with the Gold upgrade.

But in the end .....Ghost Recon "rules " "takes the cheese" "top dog"

IMO "still a great game"

+force+

Personnally, the one thing that stops GR being more realistic for me is seeing a crosshair. I mean IRL you don't see this, so for a realism game, you should see the weapon (with an option for a cross hair). This goes for aiming, I believe you should use the Iron Sights for aiming. It immerses you into the game so much more. I'm sure you've had this discussion a thousand times, but it should at least be an option (in fact I remember seeing a similar thread in the Raven Shield forum about Iron Sights).

Why not check out the Unreal Tournament mod Infiltration - this uses Iron Sights for aiming, but doesn't block out too much of the view.

Take a look at some of the new version (2.9) screenshots here. The latest version isn't out yet, but it promises some unique game modes.