map making

larr

hello,i need some help with a map making tutorial by =SeALZ=Papa6. i tried to email him but it is no longer valid. the problem i'm having is when i get to tagging the floor polygon. when i open surface properties it does not have baked clay like it supposed to,it has testbox wooddoor,ect. i'm using 3dsmax5 and installed all the plugins as per mike schells tutorial. any help would be appreciated.thanks alot,larr :wall:

One of the files you need to install is called Ikesurfaces.TXT.

Did you set the path to this file (Mike Tutorial Part 1)?

Go to Map Editor.

Press the General Tab.

Press the Options button

Then in the pop-up window, you'll find the "Sound file" path, "Debris file" path etc.

Set the "Surfaces" tab to where you put the Ikesurfaces.TXT file.

Hit OK. Should work now. If not, restart Max

Oh BTW the Ikesurfaces.TXT is not in the MapEditorLists folder (in the Max4x_Levelexporter.zip) but the RSBEditor.ZIP.

Like Worm has said, you need to find this bit in Mike`s tutorial and follow it.

:thumbsup:

Open the Map Editor, and select the “General” tab. On the general tab click the “Options” button. In this options

screen it is necessary to “path” to all of the external references that the map editor needs. These external

references are the files contained in the “mapEditorLists” folder we copied into 3DSM’s root folder earlier.

To path these references click the “Browse” button next to each text line and select the following files from the

“mapEditorLists” folder:

Sound File: sounds.txt

Debris File: debristypes.txt

General FX File: generalfx.txt

Penetration Type File: penetrationtypes.txt

Surface Property File: ikesurfaces.txt

The last two sections, Root Object Folder and Root Sound Folder should be set to the GR “Model” and “Sound”

folders respectively (found in GR’s “Mods\Origmiss\” folder)

Large Piccy:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/tinker/a.jpg

Tinker

Like Worm has said, you need to find this bit in Mike`s tutorial and follow it.

:thumbsup:

Open the Map Editor, and select the “General†tab. On the general tab click the “Options†button. In this options

screen it is necessary to “path†to all of the external references that the map editor needs. These external

references are the files contained in the “mapEditorLists†folder we copied into 3DSM’s root folder earlier.

To path these references click the “Browse†button next to each text line and select the following files from the

“mapEditorLists†folder:

Sound File: sounds.txt

Debris File: debristypes.txt

General FX File: generalfx.txt

Penetration Type File: penetrationtypes.txt

Surface Property File: ikesurfaces.txt

The last two sections, Root Object Folder and Root Sound Folder should be set to the GR “Model†and “Soundâ€

folders respectively (found in GR’s “Mods\Origmiss\†folder)

Large Piccy:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/fileman/users/tinker/a.jpg

Tinker

hello,sorry about the last post i messed up :wacko: i want to thank you all for the help,it was my mess up,i didnot put the folders in the right place! again thanks to you all for all your help,larr

I would reccommend not using that tutorial. It was created by a guy who didn't even know how to make a map at the time and I doubt has completed a working one since.

Mike Schells tutorial and the level builder.pdf are really all that you need.