SP Demo Bugs

I dont have shadows with the 162.18 and 162.15 in XP , with one 8800 gtx.

graw22007070611043603be8.th.jpg

With shadows in one 8800 gtx

graw22007070513363720gt8.th.jpg

At least the game works with your 8800gtx and the 162.18/15 drivers. With my 7800 gs the graphics are corrupt and unplayable. I've had to go back to the 93.71 drivers from last year. :ermm: Of course, it's not GRIN's fault that the 162.18/15 don't like GRAW or GRAW2. It's Nvidia's fault. I guess we'll have to wait for the game to come out to force Nvidia to fix GRAW2 and GRAW with their latest drivers.

Well, no problems with 158.27 ;) . And looks better ;) very nice graphics Grin !!. With Official 162.15 WinXP and beta 162.18 , dont shadows.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/5646/gr...01120265hk2.jpg

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9427/gr...01142879bv2.jpg

As far as i can work it out on nvidia's official website those drivers mentioned are not official whql certified, so they must be beta drivers and maybe that's why issues such as shadows are not showing correctly or at all?.

Most recent official win xp 8800 series drivers are ForceWare Release 158.22 whql certified.

Most recent official vista 32/64 8800 series drivers are ForceWare Release 158.24 whql certified.

Most recent official win xp 7 series drivers are ForceWare Release 90 v 94.24 whql certified.

Most recent official vista 32/64 7 series drivers are Windows Vista 32-bit ForceWare Release 158 v 158.24 whql certified.

It's probably best to stick with whql certified drivers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You answered your own question

ForceWare Release 158

Version: 158.22

Release Date: May 17, 2007

WHQL Certified

everything else at this time is a BETA DRIVER, if you love using BETA crap then pay the ferry man !! :rofl: don't expect beta to work with everything all the time. Stick to cert drivers or older drivers.

i tossed a grenade at the truck in the beginning of the map where the three guys are on the road, did it twice so the truck would blow up completely.

And it DID :D great fire works went up in the air and landed on one of the tangos posting there (one of the three), so i look at the map and check if it is clear, i see nothing that would disturb me,

i go to the roof of those shanty houses and get a load of lead from the guy who was supposedly crushed by the truck :S

not really a bug cause debris does not kill i think, but a truck should be deadly when it lands on you of any other, right ??

Edited by sui317

I think this was mentioned in another post?

When on a hill and I issue a Cover That commmand to my team and there is a Tango on top of the hill, my team just keep shooting into the ground repetatively.. I am not sure if this only happens when there is a tango at the top.. or if it's just a cover that issue?

Same here :(

My guys (and the baddies also) seem to fire and kill thru the terrain geometry.

not really a bug cause debris does not kill i think, but a truck should be deadly when it lands on you of any other, right ??

Same goes for the sand bags when a grenade goes off next to them. When they fell down the cliff it didn't harm my teammates beneath. Not a big deal (more of a relief than anything at the time), but it kind of pulls you out of the immersion.

^ i saw you had the man of steel award, guess the same goes for your teammates :D you are right about that immersion problem, sometimes these little things bring you back to the keyboard :)

*edit

maybe a standard lone wolf option is missing

Edited by sui317

A Sound Bug?:

-During the intro video/GRIN splash screen, the sounds is very, very quiet. However, during the gameplay and menus the sound is at normal levels. Is this a bug, or is it just my computer?

Using an Audigy 2ZS. (I get options for "generic hardware", and "generic software" in game)

PS: bloody amazing game GRiN. You guys should be very proud. :yes: Completely worthy of GR1 from what I've seen so far.

I have to say, after playing the mission up to 7 times, I have not encountered any bugs or things that appear to be unwanted. Maybe the game is already GOLD and they just cut out a part of the first mission ?

Anywho. Nice demo.

And to relate something to the topic.

I also have an Audigy 2ZS and do not have any kind of sound-probs. Everything at the same volume.

Not really a bug, I guess:

Once you've blown up an ADAT, at least one of the wreckage parts can be blown up again. The thing that looks like a huge cogwheel or part of a gearbox. Just walk up to it, press X twice, badabooom! If required, I could post a video.

here it is:

Edited by Buzz314

Once you've blown up an ADAT, at least one of the wreckage parts can be blown up again. The thing that looks like a huge cogwheel or part of a gearbox. Just walk up to it, press X twice, badabooom! If required, I could post a video.

HAHAHAHAH Im gonna have ot go play this again just to see that! LMAO!

HAHAHAHAH Im gonna have ot go play this again just to see that! LMAO!

I uploaded the video, check it out:

Edited by Buzz314

At least the game works with your 8800gtx and the 162.18/15 drivers. With my 7800 gs the graphics are corrupt and unplayable. I've had to go back to the 93.71 drivers from last year. :ermm: Of course, it's not GRIN's fault that the 162.18/15 don't like GRAW or GRAW2. It's Nvidia's fault. I guess we'll have to wait for the game to come out to force Nvidia to fix GRAW2 and GRAW with their latest drivers.

Try the 94.24 drivers - work perfect for me, I use AMD 3800x2 AM2 - 2x512 DDR2 667mhz - XFX7900 GT 94.24 drivers

okay i had a weird thing going on,

*edit*

i should tell that all the outpost guys were killed before i officially found the outpost

i had them drawn in to the village where they all died in a well placed ambush :D

*/edit*

i went to blow up the first artillery piece and then the man in the box start talking, you know that part ...."good you've found etc. etc. etc."

so i kill the guy next to it and then the man in the box starts again,

"good you've found the first artillery piece"

and repeats that over and over untill after i have blown it to pieces and then he stops.

i then go for the second artillery piece and suddenly i hear from the guy that i have to blow up the bridge, but i have yet one artillery piece to blow up.

the guys defending it start running for the bridge and i kill them from behind as they did not see me.

meanwhile brown is yelling that there is an enemy vehicle approaching and an other starts yelling he's been hit.

i still have to blow up the last artillery piece.....

so i am standing there and my team is killing the enemy at the bridge.

then my man in the box is going,

"good you've found the first artillery piece"

###### ??? this is the second one.....

and he starts repeating it over and over again untill the damn thing is blown to pieces.

so then i go for the bridge and all seems fine, unless you would count the data send in the chat box, which also did not keep track with me

stating that i have to blow up the artillery and not the bridge

bridge blown up mission ends but never a word on how to do that or even an assignment for blowing it up ....

any way probably a freak occurance, tried to fraps it but my PC did not like that went from 30 fps to nill.

Edited by sui317

Try the 94.24 drivers - work perfect for me, I use AMD 3800x2 AM2 - 2x512 DDR2 667mhz - XFX7900 GT 94.24 drivers

The 94.24 driver has bugs. Also, Nvidia is never going to release the release notes for the 94.24 driver. The 94.24 driver causes flickering on windows and buildings in night missions in Battlefield 2 Special Forces. I am going to stick with the last driver that works perfectly with all my games and does have release notes which is the 93.71 driver. Thanks for trying to help but I don't need any help with the drivers. I've been using Nvidia since the Geforce 4 days so I know what I'm doing. I own a Geforce 4 ti 4600, Geforce FX 5800 Ultra, Geforce FX 5950 Ultra, Geforce 6800 GT and my current card which is the Geforce 7800 GS. As you can tell I got a lot of experience with Nvidia and their drivers. Thanks again anyway for trying to be helpful. :thumbsup:

Edited by Demanufakture

t_shadowsm_7cd1b00.jpg

In this picture (just as my screen shows), is this the correct image for your team mates cross cam view (top left hand corner)? If so, I wonder why the put that in. In SWAT 4, it's exactly what the "player" sees as it should be. If anything, there should be an option for a basic or detailed view depending on your computer.

t_shadowsm_7cd1b00.jpg

In this picture (just as my screen shows), is this the correct image for your team mates cross cam view (top left hand corner)? If so, I wonder why the put that in. In SWAT 4, it's exactly what the "player" sees as it should be. If anything, there should be an option for a basic or detailed view depending on your computer.

I have always woundered that myself. Why not give us the option to have a full coloured/pictured cross-com or the wireframe. Oh well.. cant have everything.