SP Demo Feedback and Discussion

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've played more, I have heard some better dialogue other than the friendly AI asking for orders. Brown says something like "All, contact in the zone" and Ramirez says "Ramirez here, we've got contact boss." The tone of their voice is appropriate - not yelling inappropriately. Nicely done, Grin.

I think i've read a;; the posts in the thread so far and I didnt see this mentioned.

Was the pick up ammo feature removed for GRAW2? I took the SCAR-L and I couldnt pick up ammo like I could in GRAW. Not that I needed it or anything, it's just that there were no extra mags for the backpack. I haven't tried using either of the 2 sniper rifles yet, but i'd like to know that I could take extra mags if I wanted to.

I've also read the section in the manual about ROE etc. Is there a difference between choosing "recon" and "go recon" (same question for "assault" and "go assault"). The commands that said "go recon" or "go assault" seemed to have an effect as described, but clicking on recon/assault made a sound, but didn't seem to change anything. Is it just there to highlight whether go assault/go recon hs been selected?

If you try commanding from 1st person view, (cross com view), recon and assault are to the left and right of the command menu, but can't be selected by clicking. Is there a key I have to press? Or am I only meant to control recon/assault commands with the "go assault/go recon".

I can see that I'm gonna give my position away by using the cover option when I don't realise I'm in assault mode... :whistle:

Once again, i'd like to say how much I love the demo. It feels like it's a fusion of [GR], GRAW and Full Spectrum Warrior. Some people complained about "the blue swirly things, but after playing FSW, I was used to that kind of thing. Maybe they coul be a little bit smaller, but thats a very minor issue for me. I just sat through it nodding and thinking, this is what GRAW should have been like first time around.

PS

that enemy sniper in the tower was uuuuuseless :P My guys took him out as soon as we got round the corner. When I walked past the tower I wondered what the dead guy was doing up there cos I didnt shoot him and i didnt have a sniper in the team. The enemy snipers in GRAW1 were lethal. Maybe i'm just used to the style of play, but in the GRAW1 demo I died a lot on the normal settting. I hardly got shot let alone killed on normal in this. All because of the recon setting :ph34r: now my team has to play my way no more running around starting firefights for no reason. I guess i'll have to try the harder setting when i have more time

Edited by Strapt

When the full game is out can anyone make a weapon sound mod? They sound way too weak.

I also think that ACOG scopes should be in the game. It allows more choices for weapon config and anyway makes sense within the game context.

Edited by meepokman

All I know is there better be a "Skip Insertion" Option for the server because until my friend figures out all the stuff(to use a good word) to mod it so we can have our first person insertions, I'm not gonna watch the insertion. I know if I do, I'm just gonna die inside. So I want specifics and schematics on how to mod it so we can have our X button first-person insertion to make it feel like we're there. I know it's a game but still it made the experience a whole lot funner. I don't want some cinematic insertion. So I want a PDF or word document giving specifics on how to make a mod for FP insertions. Oh and make the graphics more smooth cause my friend has a physx card and gets some lag with it when something blows up.

I've also read the section in the manual about ROE etc. Is there a difference between choosing "recon" and "go recon" (same question for "assault" and "go assault"). The commands that said "go recon" or "go assault" seemed to have an effect as described, but clicking on recon/assault made a sound, but didn't seem to change anything. Is it just there to highlight whether go assault/go recon hs been selected?

If you try commanding from 1st person view, (cross com view), recon and assault are to the left and right of the command menu, but can't be selected by clicking. Is there a key I have to press? Or am I only meant to control recon/assault commands with the "go assault/go recon".

To switch between assault and recon, you use the "go assualt" and "go recon" commands in the tac map as well as first person hud (either cross com or your own hud). The "assualt" and "recon" notations are there to indicate what ROE is currently in effect. If you look closely, you'll see that current ROE (assualt or recon) is graphically "tied" to the commads. The enganged ROE and the commands will have the same background. I hope that makes sense.

---Edit---

Added a pic to aid in the explanation. You know what they say...

graw2hud.jpg

Finally got to try it tonight.

I like it a lot. There are a few little bugs I noticed.

The Narcom got caught on a loop on the colonel...and his voice is annoying as hell too.

A mute switch would be MUCH appreciated for his noisy-ranting ass..lol

The gameplay is a blast though, and the cross-com is a lot nicer, and required a slight learning curve from GR:AW.

I've only played on normal, and the enemies have gone down pretty easily...guess it's from playing MP.

When the full game is out can anyone make a weapon sound mod? They sound way too weak.

I also think that ACOG scopes should be in the game. It allows more choices for weapon config and anyway makes sense within the game context.

Yes. Grin, please; Where are the ACOG's?

I argee that there should be a stop or pause button to the vids.

Anyway, I think that GRIN thought that ACOGs would make the game "too easy" and did not bother to add them although they make sense and should be in!!!

Edited by meepokman

graw2hud.jpg

Now that's something I really like. You can make assault orders and recon orders on the same run.

Ex. I want Brown to run in Recon mode to the bridge and then change to Assault mode.

Great job Grin :thumbsup:

Is there still an option to set way points in GRAW2 ?? I cant seem to see them in the tacmap.

Well, it works for the drone, so I guess it should be the same for your human comrades as well. With the drone, just click repeatedly on the map to chain the waypoints. Kinda hard to explain for a non-native english speaker, just try it out and let me know if it worked ;)

cheers,

buzz

I love the weapon selection. Thanks GRiN. You guys listened. It's obvious. m14 and 416. Perfect. Thanks devs, I'll for sure buy this.

I'm very happy with this game. I've been here since almost the beginning, and here, finally, is a game that seems a worthy sucessor to Ghost Recon. :o

Is there still an option to set way points in GRAW2 ?? I cant seem to see them in the tacmap.

Yes you can set waypoints, but only in the overview map.

Yeah too bad it takes too long cause you can't zoom in while setting the waypoints. It's like you set one, check it on the tacmap, then you gotta take it off and reset it hoping you got it better. And I too would like a stop button for the briefing cause I'm constantly telling the General to shut up in a graphic manner. I don't even listen to it I just select my weapons and team as fast as I can and hit launch mission. And am I the only person who noticed the General's glasses keep changing in the briefing? At first they're regular glasses and then they're sunglasses. And the one guy with the mustache. His shirt changes colors. But it's no biggy cause I don't pay attention to the briefing anymore.

Edited by mwgfghost

Yes you can set waypoints, but only in the overview map.

Yeah too bad it takes too long cause you can't zoom in while setting the waypoints.

Why does everybody say this? Q AND E. Q and E. It even says this on the tacmap, lower right corner by overview and objectives. Next to the zoom in scroll bar that runs along the right side of the screen. Q and E.

Could you please post the exact procedure to save games inside the graw 2 demo ? This because it ain't the first time that I save a game after lot of efforts and such saved games are wiped out after quitting the game and restarting the pc.

Is this a bug or the procedure to save is dependant from a specific demo rule ?

Thanks in advance

bye

You can't save a multiplayer game, but you can save a single player game. Just press "k" to save a single player game.

I was referring to single player demo and as I told I did it several times both inside and outside the tactictal map,but no way....

Are you sure you can save inside the SP demo , then quit the game,restart the pc , start the game and load ? I always find empty slots when I do that...

m

To switch between assault and recon, you use the "go assualt" and "go recon" commands in the tac map as well as first person hud (either cross com or your own hud). The "assualt" and "recon" notations are there to indicate what ROE is currently in effect. If you look closely, you'll see that current ROE (assualt or recon) is graphically "tied" to the commads. The enganged ROE and the commands will have the same background. I hope that makes sense.

---Edit---

graw2hud.jpg

Yeah thanks, it made more sense when I played it tonight.

graw2hud.jpg

Now that's something I really like. You can make assault orders and recon orders on the same run.

Ex. I want Brown to run in Recon mode to the bridge and then change to Assault mode.

Great job Grin :thumbsup:

Gonna have to give that a go :ph34r: I was having to use 1st person view and sneak up slowly in recon mode then click attack.