Lighting Help

labonte43car

Ok, here's my problem. Right now i am working on Mike's Map Making Tutorial. I've managed to get everything worked out except one thing that is not covered in the tutorial. That's where my lighting problem comes in to play. My problem is that when i set two different ambient lights for the two rooms, the door is lit the same on both sides by the room that the door frame is grouped with. I have tried everything i can think of to make it right, but now its just driving me crazy! :blink: I wondered if someone out there could help me with this problem, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Chris

hey guys, thanks for all the tips. it seems that all i really needed to do was think outside the box. It took a lot of messing around with different settings, and looking at other maps in the Lighting tool, but i have that figured out. Sorry it took so long to get back, i am in Iraq right now, but hopefully for not much longer. Im sure I will have other questions at some point, but i am moving along with the learning process for now. Nothing beats good ol' hands-on. Chris

hey guys, thanks for all the tips. it seems that all i really needed to do was think outside the box. It took a lot of messing around with different settings, and looking at other maps in the Lighting tool, but i have that figured out. Sorry it took so long to get back, i am in Iraq right now, but hopefully for not much longer. Im sure I will have other questions at some point, but i am moving along with the learning process for now. Nothing beats good ol' hands-on. Chris

Fantastic. Damn good attitude, something i've seldom seen from beginning map makers for this game. Too bad you are in Iraq, be safe and come home soon.