my biggest worry.......

ok, after playing the MP demo, i've decided at this point to pass on GRAW 2. i have a question that maybe someone from GRIN or someone associated with them can answer. is there going to be more variety of skins available for MP and SP? i have a real problem with the lack of SOF skins and gear, which is well represented in the console versions, and i was hoping to see my team look like a real SF team.

i know the game is set in the not too distant future, but the team would still wear different gear. my teammates lacked personality and individuality because they all looked the same, just different faces. i truly like to customize my team, both in SP and MP. the GRAW series on PC has totally eliminated that and this makes the game too sterile.

Edited by bugkill

I have the same fear and disappointment. It won't prevent me from buying the game but it is disheartening.

I have both x360 versions, and in SP mode, the characters don't look too different - just their head gear mainly. But in MP, all the characters look quite good. I think it's just 4 base bodies for each class, which each look great. However, you can change the face and head gear for each so the combos get fairly interesting. Plus they have a lot of camo patterns. More then anything though, I think it's just that they look more contemporary and less "space-age."

Edited by Brettzies

exactly my point! the gameplay is great, but GRIN has forgotten that the GR community is based on customization, from the weapons to the gear. GRAW lacked it and it suffered, and GRAW 2 seems to have the same problem. it still has a lack of weapons and character models, and the modding side of the house does not look that great either.

Well heres a small idea that grin, and the rest of the modders can think about. How about GRIN set up the stuff to do some customizing, and adding new stuff, but leave it to the modders to create the new character looks. Then gather them all up after a period of time, and have a community poll on them. Then depending on the number of submissions take the best 5 or 10, then have grin add them into the game through a patch.

The only reason i say this, is because im sure that some of you guys out there can make some really cool stuff. *Look at brettzies, and snowfella.. they got some great guns in the game. And all the other people out there that made some pretty damn good skins. * But Im also sure that some good tallent is useless due to the lack of how easy it was for this game to accept stuff. So if we make it, and grin adds it, it will give us what we want?

Sound like a plan? Well in my head it really did.. but thats up to the rest of you guys to decide.. Again just an idea.

Ducky

........Sound like a plan?

Well in my head it really did.. but thats up to the rest of you guys to decide..

Again just an idea.

Ducky

I told you to only blow the bloody doors off...... :rofl:

get ready for the standard GRIN reply - we have left that for you guys to mod!!!

in some ways thats not a bad idea cos guys like Wytchdokta are brilliant skin modders

and if you can name the skin you want he can release it.

I laughed even more, Where are you Wytchdokta, you traitor :rofl::rofl:

I demand "Wytchdokta's" answer...

........Sound like a plan?

Well in my head it really did.. but thats up to the rest of you guys to decide..

Again just an idea.

Ducky

I told you to only blow the bloody doors off...... :rofl:

get ready for the standard GRIN reply - we have left that for you guys to mod!!!

in some ways thats not a bad idea cos guys like Wytchdokta are brilliant skin modders

and if you can name the skin you want he can release it.

I laughed even more, Where are you Wytchdokta, you traitor :rofl::rofl:

I demand "Wytchdokta's" answer...

WytchDokta is the master! The usual culprit has been named and shamed.

LOL, 'name the skin you want and he can release it', gotta love that bit. I'm supposed to be leaving the GR1 modding scene in due course (I'm just working on my leaving video now - I've done it as kinda a duality; it has a man speaking about leaving, and a girl speaking about the effect of his leaving had on her (and it's not the first time he's left her); where the man is a personification of me and the girl is a personification of Ghost Recon)

As a matter of fact, I don't currently have a rig powerful enough to run GRAW2 (I plan to buy a new one soon so I can continue my reign of terror and destruction). It shouldn't be too much for me to convert my camos to GRAW2. You have to bear in mind I am working on a large scale mod for DoW already (since November 2006 and still going strong), and I have started getting into music technology in a big way too, so my time will be limited from here on out.

Depending how much you guys will pay me up front (in cash) depends if I mod for GRAW2 or not. Now where's my paycheck for making 92 camo uniforms for WD CamoPack v2 (most of the uniforms were requests too)?

Edited by WytchDokta

You heart breaker, you master of all, the time is coming where all will be judged, who stands and who falls. Only time will tell if, you make it will they come? (wayne's world) . As for payment, for love what else? :rofl: Don't forget the GR1 divorce settlement will be huge :lol:

The game plays well very smooth, the weapon choice is good in the full game, the tactice are there, the varied maps are there, the game types are there, would I not buy the game because I can`t change my Kit ? I really dont think so, its way way down on list of things to have in a game, no more than an extra if that.

We have seen moders change the last graw kits loadouts with no real problem.

The game has far too many possative things in it to let this one area exclude ones choice to buy.

How is it with skins for GRAW2, can they be auto DL:ed?

If so then I for sure could pay something (for real, perhaps not what it actually is worth but nevertheless) if I got the skin I wanted.

Don't take me at face value, but I saw nothing in code for AUTO DOWNLOAD of MODS inc. skins :(

@JASGripen, I was joking about being paid.

@Viper, 'She' divorced me, not the other way around, honest.

If there is popular demand for my camos etc for GRAW2, then I don't mind to do them for GRAW2 (I won't have a rig able to run it until the end of the year atleast), time permitting.

So do you guys want to see my camos etc in GRAW2?

Ghost Recon rule the nation.

I'll have to leave this to the modders to dig up... but Grin said that you can specify loadouts of weapons for a map. Can you do the same for skins? Say a modder makes a custom map. can they inculde there own skins for that map and specify them as they can a weapon load out?

News at 11.

I'll have to leave this to the modders to dig up... but Grin said that you can specify loadouts of weapons for a map. Can you do the same for skins? Say a modder makes a custom map. can they inculde there own skins for that map and specify them as they can a weapon load out?

News at 11.

The problem is,

The custom content inclusion,

Weapons specified for loadout are weapons inc with GRAW 2 the game, not Weapons from GRAW2 & New add on weapons. For that to be possible the distribution of the mod (say weapon) has to be part of a bundle package, lets say a map (or mod) and the game have the ability to call on the specified mod in that bundle to include it. Thats where the problem lies......

Grin have not hidden the fact and have not denied the rumour that GRaw 2 can not include mod bundles like GR1 ([GR]), have them switch able off/ on via the console screen, announced by the server screen as required. That is the problem.

As of now the talk is of the same download process for maps and mods as was GRAW1 and if a mod were to be inc. the whole thing would need a restart..... The rumour? , the fact?

i cant believe that someones biggest worry is about the skins tbh it just seems to go over my head.

id rather the game worked yes its nice to have good scenery background detail, i play my game on all low settings so the game runs smoothly rather than looking at my own teams outfits etc..

i no everyone has there own opinion and is entitled to it, but it just baffles me when i see threads like this that is all

How is it with skins for GRAW2, can they be auto DL:ed?

If so then I for sure could pay something (for real, perhaps not what it actually is worth but nevertheless) if I got the skin I wanted.

Don't take me at face value, but I saw nothing in code for AUTO DOWNLOAD of MODS inc. skins :(

GRiN CANNOT have it both ways... they can't say, "it's up to you guys to mod the game!" and then provide the immature tools and front-end like we had in GRAW1. I'm talking now specifically about the end-user interface used to activate / deactivate mods, etc... GRAW1 was a HUGE step backward from the 6 year old [GR].

GRiN needs to step up in both tools AND the ease of use... if not, GRAW2 will be another six month pump and dump on the game scene and it will be swept under the rug and be gone...

-jk

callsign threepoint

i cant believe that someones biggest worry is about the skins tbh it just seems to go over my head.

id rather the game worked yes its nice to have good scenery background detail, i play my game on all low settings so the game runs smoothly rather than looking at my own teams outfits etc..

i no everyone has there own opinion and is entitled to it, but it just baffles me when i see threads like this that is all

believe it! i've stated that the GRAW gameplay is excellent, but the game was limited and the lack of weapons and character models were an issue. it took snowfella and brettzies to give us guns that should have been available from the start. we have no new chr's for SP or MP, which makes the game looks too bland. i need a good reason to drop down money for GRAW 2 and a couple of tweaks to the gameplay is not going to cut it.

the problem is that i had the 360 version and i saw all the stuff that was in it, especially for MP. the PC version is lacking the customization and weapons, and i just don't see any major improvements in that area. there is a reason why the community did not provide many mods for the first GRAW and i just don't see anything new that makes me want to drop more money for this game. i will wait and see how the community will respond to the game and if GRIN will release new chr's or provide customization for SP or MP. i want the choice to wear different types of headgear and chr models just like the 360 version and give us MORE weapons to choose from.

the fun factor in tactical games for me was having the freedom to setup the look of my squad in SP and my character in MP with many choices of gear and weapons, and the GRAW series has completely forgotten about it. why else do i spend more time on GR or RB6 games? because of the choices that is provided to me in those games.

Does anybody remember the days when you actually identified opponents by the color of their uniform's? I'll be honest, there is no way I'd be able to do that the way it is now. Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

my point is that GRIN would provide the proper chr skins, just like the 360 version. i just want more chrs wearing different helmets, bloused or unbloused boots, civilian hiking boots or military boots, etc. i don't want all the chrs to look alike. why can't brown have a mich 2001 helmet (with tan camo) in SP? why can't i have a choice of wearing woodland or 3 color desert uniforms that most SOF units still wear? it's not about guys making stupid uniforms, but that GRIN would provide these skins in the game from the start.

Does anybody remember the days when you actually identified opponents by the color of their uniform's? I'll be honest, there is no way I'd be able to do that the way it is now. Just thought I'd get that off my chest.

my point is that GRIN would provide the proper chr skins, just like the 360 version. i just want more chrs wearing different helmets, bloused or unbloused boots, civilian hiking boots or military boots, etc. i don't want all the chrs to look alike. why can't brown have a mich 2001 helmet (with tan camo) in SP? why can't i have a choice of wearing woodland or 3 color desert uniforms that most SOF units still wear? it's not about guys making stupid uniforms, but that GRIN would provide these skins in the game from the start.

I agree and disagree. I like uniformity for the teams. In R6V you could select whatever you want to wear and half the guys are out their with pink uniforms, no helmets, and sunglasses. That's lame IMO. I would like it so that team A is a certain color and team B is a certain color but you can easily identify friend or foe without the use of "friendly tags" to determine whether you should shoot or not. Add some arm patches and bingo!

Edited by GHOST_Sup

I agree and disagree. I like uniformity for the teams. In R6V you could select whatever you want to wear and half the guys are out their with pink uniforms, no helmets, and sunglasses. That's lame IMO. I would like it so that team A is a certain color and team B is a certain color but you can easily identify friend or foe without the use of "friendly tags" to determine whether you should shoot or not. Add some arm patches and bingo!

ghost, i 100% agree with you and that is why i said that GRIN would be the ones to provide the different camo schemes. the uniforms would already be preset, so you can only choose the one you want. it would be like you are going on a blackhawk industries shopping spree. you would have your choice of chest rig, leg holster, tactical helmet, etc. the camo would only come in the schemes that are actually used by real world units from many different countries.

the uniformity issue could easily be solved by having one team as ghosts and the other as rebels or terrorists from around the world, not just mexico. the MP maps should not only be based on the arc of the SP game and there should be maps from other areas of conflict, and each team would take turns playing as ghosts or opfor.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Arn't those days in 1980? 2013, tomorrow ... things move on we get older, we remember the way things were. That model T-Ford... when we use to walk to school and not go in a bling bling 4x4 :rofl: the world es't changing. So is GRAW.

Arn't those days in 1980? 2013, tomorrow ... things move on we get older, we remember the way things were. That model T-Ford... when we use to walk to school and not go in a bling bling 4x4 :rofl: the world es't changing. So is GRAW.

Hey Viiiper, even the tanks in Combat for the Atari 2600 were different colors! Rundle, Grundle and Brundle in Adventure were easily identifiable because they were all different colors. 10 points to anybody that remembers that game! LOLOLOL :rofl:

P.S. For the record, I rode to school on my modified Schwinn Varsity.

Edited by GHOST_Sup