A Group within an already great group

Hey fellow GRAW2'ers and forum Admin's,

I was wondering if it might be possible to setup a Sub-Forum within the GRAW2 forum just for clans/people who are interested in matching/scrims or event nights. I know there is a section below in another section of the GRNet form for GR .. but I only ever come to the GRAW2 forum and I think a sub-forum here would work best.

Anyway, here's what I am thinking... the Sub-Forum would be a place for CLANS to, and not exclusively:

Post Clan data and Match Contacts, post events, post ladders there clans belong to, etc...

A central place where information is stored so Clans looking for matches or events could go. Where players could learn more about other clans and clans could create alias with each other to help GRAW2 take off strong.

I know I see a lot of familiar names on GRAW2 forum all the time.. but know little about where they play and who to get a hold of to get a match happening etc.. This would be that place..

To get things going I was thinking we could hold an event, until GRAW2's release where one night a week.. someone could host a T.S. for everyone (same person al the tiem would be great) who is interested in a match or scrim with GRAW2 Demo could go to.. For instance.. let's say it's Thursday nights.. Clans could log on to the T.S. server and see other Clans / Players who are already interested in looking for a match type scenario.. Say Clan 1 shows up with 4 guys and CLan 2 show's up with 5 .. they want to get a scrim together... if there are a few floaters in the Server, they scoop one up to make it 5 v 5.. again no real ladder play involved. It’s just to get us ready for Matching for the final release of GRAW2, where it really doesn't really matter who wins... but you start to build a rapport with other clans and maybe pick up a few people for your own clan?

I don't know if this make sense or not.. but it's just an idea.. maybe it can be elaborated on?

Let me know your thoughts..

good idea

KFORF will be matching, we try to get clanbase to put up a ladder (need some voting there), but otherwise we'll be playing on PGL I guess.

And for a scrim/friendly/fun just contact Blue_UK (or me, ill pass data on)

The forum for clans, as you know is here: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showforum=4

As for GRAW2 , I'm sure GR.net will make one there for GRAW2, as for Teamspeak, see if Rocco's AFZ clan is interested, they have a TS server with space? The only problem with that, is professional TS servers cost around $35/ month for 100 slots. who pays? tournaments on the demo version is not my thing, I'll wait for the real thing in 2 weeks.

But nice idea...

well for matches etc. a server can host up till 32 people, hosting a teamspeak server to accomodate those players can easily be done if you have a decent internetconnection, without any cost.

It's the dedi game-servers I worrie about, they seem to get ever more expensive.....

The forum for clans, as you know is here: http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showforum=4

As for GRAW2 , I'm sure GR.net will make one there for GRAW2, as for Teamspeak, see if Rocco's AFZ clan is interested, they have a TS server with space? The only problem with that, is professional TS servers cost around $35/ month for 100 slots. who pays? tournaments on the demo version is not my thing, I'll wait for the real thing in 2 weeks.

But nice idea...

Hey Viiper,

Thanks for the reply.. I know there is a section below just for this sort of thing.. but as mentioned I never go there.

It's kind of like a grocery store for me... I want to go to the drink isle for drinks.. althought there might be better drinks in the cereal isle I have missed . I won't go there.. HUH you say.. well I play GRAW2 and I go to the GRAW2 forum .. I know I won't go down to the other forums .. therefore if the propsed Sub-Forum exists here.. just like the Beta Test Sub Forum was under GRAW2.. if it would have been down below somewhere in the GRNet beta section.. I would have been less likely to go there.. not sure if that make sense? I guess I perfer everything GRAW2 to be under GRAW2.

I could probably host a T.S. server myself and it would not cost anything.. but it's on my wife's PC which she always turn off.. I am hoping to that maybe ROCO or someone can step up to the plate.. maybe the T.S. stays up all the time? Just a central location for communication ;)

Cheers,

Edited by IrishStout

Hey fellow GRAW2'ers and forum Admin's,

I was wondering if it might be possible to setup a Sub-Forum within the GRAW2 forum just for clans/people who are interested in matching/scrims or event nights. I know there is a section below in another section of the GRNet form for GR .. but I only ever come to the GRAW2 forum and I think a sub-forum here would work best.

This has been talked about on and off amongst the staff. It has it's benefits as the site has grown considerably and the clans and ladder forum now encompasses many versions of GR and it is often hard to determine which game the thread is for. On the other hand the site is already large and adding more forums will only increase it's size.

Therefore, we have been trying to work out a satisfactory compromise. :rocky:

thanks Rocky. I'd say that GR.net having such a close relationship with Grin/UBISOFT could benefit Gr.net. Having servers/tournaments as support would be reliable and the servers run clean and fair.

Edited by Papa6

Thanks ZJJ, now what about getting it under GRAW - PC Versions ;)

Do we have any console GRAW2 clans? I guess I could go read the forum hehehe... but a sub-forum under here would be great.. again a one stop shop for everything PC Version releated? (My mommy always taught me to 'Ask or you'll never truely know the answer')

Thanks ZJJ, now what about getting it under GRAW - PC Versions ;)

That went live last night. There should be clans and ladders rooms in the GRAW2, GRAW, GR2 and GR forums. If you can't see any of them let me know so I can check setups. I was doing this at 11:30 last night so I may have missed a few permissions.

B:P:R have a dedi server, ready waiting for GRAW2 to hit the shelves.

Hopefully it will be far more successful than GRAW. Needs a ladder system though & like Forrester said, we'll be hoping Clanbase come up with the goods, otherwise it's pot luck with somebody else!!

The laddering is going to be fanfukntastic! My old clan, the Llamas [86] Bohica have been slow to regroup...pitty.

Regardless, do you guys think that (1) TWL (and the like) etc., will allow for rules that bring modes like Seige and HamHill and RvA (which to my suprise, I like) in to the fray and (2) do Clans have an interest in playing these game types, or will it be more based in TDM one shot one Kill and or variations thereof (i.e. 2-3 spawns)?

Semper Fi,

R_45

I like the various game types myself and I am sure my clan will play just about any game type as well. I like RvA alot and think it is meant to be used as a Laddering game mode. Siege, to me is more about just having fun where as HamHill I see as being converted to a laddering game mode as well.

I like the various game types myself and I am sure my clan will play just about any game type as well. I like RvA alot and think it is meant to be used as a Laddering game mode. Siege, to me is more about just having fun where as HamHill I see as being converted to a laddering game mode as well.

Stout, I agree, the RvA is well done and it seems to be geared at laddering...a little over two weeks and it's here!!!

Do you play under your name "Irish Stout" on line as well.

Semper Fi,

R_45

Edited by Romulus_45acp

I hope it does do well for clans for ladders and tournaments. We're pulling for a rebound from GRAW here, and the feedb ack on the MP demo so far seems to support that it IS a comeback (don't call it that, though- LL said...). Time will tell, but my fingers are crossed...

What reason(s) did Clanbase give?

dunno, I'll ask BLUE_UK, he's the one that posted it on our forum, guess they were fed up with our negative comments about creating ladders? Sometimes it wonders me why some game gets a ladder and another is left alone. I have never played on clanbas, but judging on how people write/talk about the [GR] days it shoulda been good....

What reason(s) did Clanbase give?

My personal guess would be that they saw the failure of laddering GRAW and simply don't think it is worth the effort trying with GRAW 2. Imo GRAW 2 (at least judging from the demo) still seem to have many limitations when it comes to laddering (compared to GR), thus I fear that laddering will not take off to any larger extent this time either. Competetive gamers are simply not highly prioritized.