Speed Hack, caught on tape

Well...kill the private server theory. We had one come in lastnight on one of gamespy's servers and he was proudly admitting to it. Desi got it on vid and I'm sure he'll be here to post it soon. Funny thing is he sucked so bad that we were killing him even with the speed hack. Very disappointing that there are hacks already.

BTW...good games lastnight Roo and others!

Edited by GHOST_Sup

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA 1 *3 respawns* I believe. I have no way to tell if AC is on or not. It was actually quite comical, we were all laughing our asses off. The other team even started TKing him.

BTW...good games lastnight Roo and others!
Ditto! That was a blast! I got off to a slow start, but by the end :o=

Seeing 5 or 6 guys named "GHOST_" moving in unison was an intimidating site, even for me being on your team! LOL

P.S. I FedEx'd your videos.

ROFLAMO!!!! I hope you got the right versions sent. I think I mentioned that I have 3 copies of the one we were talking about! We have a traditional "GHOST Thirstdays" where the whole idea is to enjoy adult beverages and get together and let loose. Lastnight we had 7 on at the same time which is the most I've seen since the [GR] days.

Members here that are also members at Ubisoft via the game registration system will if they,

Modify any part of the Sites and/or Software without the prior written consent of Ubi.

Promote Use or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.

And it is proved will be banned from Ubisoft.

Members here and at Ubisoft are very active in providing visual and other forms of proof for Admins and moderators to pass on.

Grin and Ubisoft are very keen and are putting a lot of effort into stoping this activity, as you can see by this thread its not long before you are caught.

Its not worth it in the long run.

Colin

Members here that are also members at Ubisoft via the game registration system will if they,

Modify any part of the Sites and/or Software without the prior written consent of Ubi.

Promote Use or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.

And it is proved will be banned from Ubisoft.

Members here and at Ubisoft are very active in providing visual and other forms of proof for Admins and moderators to pass on.

Grin and Ubisoft are very keen and are putting a lot of effort into stoping this activity, as you can see by this thread its not long before you are caught.

Its not worth it in the long run.

Colin

Right on Colin! the proof is irrefutable to argue against.

don't think his "hack" was designed for GRAW2... it's actually legal software available for purchase. it works in any game or with any other software for that matter. i won't name it for obvious reasons, and if i have a few minutes to test it with the demo, i'll post something. in any case - it's harmless in a well administrated server. it probably gives those who try using it a headache within the first 10 minutes anyway...

Confirm the speeder works on public server Dal #3 -64 player TDM

Player named "fames2046" not sure on the numbers but there can't be many players with that name or similar but it's 20 something, didn't take a screenshot or fraps but he was covering the map in seconds. So whatever AC system they use isn't idiot proof.

El. Oh. El.

Anyone remember our dear friend, m9whore, from the early GRAW MP days?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His wretched soul lives on in the works of noobs all over the planet. He shall forever be pheared!!!!!!!!!!!

Or something... This just reminds me of all the talk that followed the release of GRAW, all the criticism of GRAW's AC system, and the videos that also circulated of cheaters/hackers for that game. Remember? The one vid where all the characters were glowing like PURPLE and all the obstacles/walls/objects were transluscent? Yeah. And how about the semi-automatic M99's? The deadly, one-shot-one-kill M9 pistols? The climb-on-cars exploit (a couple of m9whore classics there, the latter arguably a feature we begged for)?

To quote the great Terry Bradshaw, "Ah yes! I remember it now..."

Confirm the speeder works on public server Dal #3 -64 player TDM

Player named "fames2046" not sure on the numbers but there can't be many players with that name or similar but it's 20 something, didn't take a screenshot or fraps but he was covering the map in seconds. So whatever AC system they use isn't idiot proof.

Exact same guy as this post.

There is a way to catch this. They just need to add an internal timer on the game client. Hear me out.

At the beginning of the round, start a timer on the server and on all clients. If someone's game clock is sped up by an outside source, their timer will run faster than the servers.

Every once in a while the clients could report back to the server where they're at. Anyone's client who's gets out of sync by say, 10% or more, gets auto-kicked.

It is possible to write a game like that to foil speed cheaters, but it has to be written into the game.

There is a way to catch this. They just need to add an internal timer on the game client. Hear me out.

At the beginning of the round, start a timer on the server and on all clients. If someone's game clock is sped up by an outside source, their timer will run faster than the servers.

Every once in a while the clients could report back to the server where they're at. Anyone's client who's gets out of sync by say, 10% or more, gets auto-kicked.

It is possible to write a game like that to foil speed cheaters, but it has to be written into the game.

This kind of "out of sync" happened unintensionally with the older games when playing online with modems. Sometimes the oos was caused when there was a lot of packet loss or when time outs appeared.

imho i think its the way the games of today handles timeouts and lag issues causes the core to accept speed hacks.

for example anyone tried to replay a C&C3 skirmish on hard mode ? Well the AI is cheating in speed and when you try to replay it the game tells you its out of sync :)

Edited by ElChino

Humm haven't tried that, though three of us did beat 1 Brutal and 1 Hard, I'll have to watch the replay.

Anyway a system like I proposed wouldn't really take much communication between the clients and the server, because you're looking for a wider discrepancy than just a few seconds.

Let me analogize: At the beginning of a round Viiiper, ElChino and I agree that it’s 12:00 midnight. After a little bit, Viiiper’s clock says 12:10, and he asks us what time we have. I say 12:11, ElChino says 12:15. Mine is probably just normal deviation, but ElChino is probably running a program to speed up his computer, so he gets kicked. Sorry to make you the example lol ;)

Programs use a signal from BIOs to determine the real world time, apparently somehow speed hacks step up this signal to the game or the whole computer, that I don’t know. But basically there could be a way to detect if someone is doing with some simple coding. An internal timer similar to the Round and Match countdown could be checked across all clients.

Edited by BOTA:X

I've been notified that the person in question on this vid clip, as well as close to a dozen others have had their GameSpy accounts removed because of this behavior.

Kudos to GameSpy and GRIN. I run FRAPS constantly now and have the = key set for recording. I'm ready and prepared to catch more of these guys should they show up.