Three 'new' weapons I'd like to see in a mod

Clone_Ranger

A couple of rifles I'd like to see in a mod - which reflect changes in 'military thinking' about calibres - are the:-

> 7.62mm DSA Inc. SA58 PARA Elite Compact Tactical - http://www.dsarms.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SA58ELITE - you'll probably have guessed that this rifle is based on the good old FN FAL PARA! (Life in the old dog yet!)

> 6.5mm Grendal - http://www.65grendel.com/

> 6.8mm Barrett - http://www.gunblast.com/Barrett-M468.htm - I note you have already started talking 6.8mm ballistics! :)

Due to the Iraq experience there has been a bit of a re-think about the 5.56mm x 45mm NATO round - due to it's apparent lack of penetration and stopping power.

The vogue is now for large calibres again (du-oh!) - and while the initial stop-gap was the trusty 7.62mm (with many US troops preferring to use modernized and tactical modded M14s) - there have been two new calibres developed which are said to be better - balistically - than the old 7.62mm x 51mm NATO round.

These are the 6.8mm Remington and the 6.5mm Grendal.

Both of the calibres have been accompanied by 'new' versions of the M16/M4 design. The 6.5 Grendal, in fact, being a direct conversion of existing M16/M4 stock, with new receiver and top deck. The 8.6mm calibre is being championed by the famous Barrett company.

I would like to see these included in a new gun mod as they reflect up-to-date thinking about military rifles - superceeding even the G36/SCAR rifles that are the vogue in mods.

DSA 7.62mm Tactical - (purchased privately in preference to their M16s by troops I am told, and used extensively by SWAT)

SA58ELITE.gif

6.8mm Barrett

DSC03092.jpg

6.5mm Grendal

65G_AAT105_L_468x180.jpg

Hey,

Thumper's 7.62mm Mod v2

You'll find several versions of the SA-58 PARA in this one plus many more awesome guns. Highly recommended :thumbsup: .

Militiaman's M-468 Mod

Name says everything.

I know a lot of weapon mods but I haven't seen that Grendel done before. An easy solution would be to get the gun ballistics calculator tool and modify an M4...

:thumbsup:

CC

Hey,

Thumper's 7.62mm Mod v2

You'll find several versions of the SA-58 PARA in this one plus many more awesome guns. Highly recommended :thumbsup: .

Militiaman's M-468 Mod

Name says everything.

I know a lot of weapon mods but I haven't seen that Grendel done before. An easy solution would be to get the gun ballistics calculator tool and modify an M4...

:thumbsup:

CC

Ther is a Colt Commando in the White scull Valley mod which is pretty much the same thing :whistle:

Edited by Tinker