woe is me!

Guest Jester

Guest Jester

Games I own that I have had no time to play:

• R63:RS (on mission 4) -- bought the day it came out
  • Splinter Cell (on about mission 3 or 4) -- bought the week it came out
  • IL2: Forgotten Battles -- bought the week it came out
  • Unreal II (on about mission 3) -- bought the day it came out
  • Unreal Tournament 2003 (haven't even fired it up--can't even remember if I installed it) -- bought the week it came out

Granted, a couple of those games I got just before I left for a few weeks, but I've been back a few weeks now, too. Others I've had for months. Where has my free time gone? Hmm....in thinking about it, part of it is not just free time. I can't seem to get up any desire to play. Why am I posting this? Good question. Wait, who said that?

Why am I posting this? Good question. Wait, who said that?

It's the voices again Jester. Don't acknowledge them, else they keep returning.

- IL2: Got through the first mission, and haven't pulled it out since.

- SOF II (Double Helix): Haven't touched a misson.

- HitMan2-Silent Assasin: Upto mission 4 or so..can't remember.

- Raven Shield: Got through mission 3, but had to uninstall/reinstall cause every time I died(quite often...lol), the game would freeze, then hard reboot.

- R6/EW/RS/UO/CO: Haven't touched a mission since February.

- Ghost Recon: couple times a week if I have free time... :lol:

Guest Jester
Moral of this story?  Save your money by not buying anymore games...  :blink:

What you save can be sent to the "zjj's new computer fund"!    :P  :D  :lol:  :devil:

I'm not a philanthropist, so I get nothing out of that. It's all about me, me, me. Moral of the story is, don't buy any more computer games and save the money to buy a new computer! Or this, or this, or this, or this, or this, or this. See, plenty of other things I can, and will, spend my money on. :devil:

Hmm.....there's also this....

Guest Jester

Have to buy something 'fun' to balance out the new furniture I'll be buying this weekend. Plus, I'm still going nuts waiting for my new guitar. UPS tells me that it should get back to the company I ordered it from today. Hopefully, that means I'll get a replacement early next week.

Guest Jester
I'm drooling over the glock and the bike...  :wub:

First it was the computer, now it's guns and motorcycles. Sheesh! I am not buying you, or somebody else we know, any of the above. Those are all for me, me, me!!!!

Nobody liked the Tascam Portastudio? Now that was cool!

You guys don't want much do you? That's why I'm waiting a while to get married...what am I talking about? :o

@Jester,

I was thinking about you/your guitar the other day. I ordered a home audio subwoofer 8 days ago, and it still hasn't left the warehouse yet! :wall:

So you play guitar eh? I took professional lessons for 3 years; learned theory, tab, how to read music, etc. Stopped that cause I wanted to join up with a band...nobody wanted me cause I "didn't" fit in their group. Oh well. ****** them! I'll make more money then they will one day!

Guest Jester

Well, entirely self-taught, here. I played in bands from day 1. I didn't go into music professionally and am currently making way more money than any of the people that I was in bands with -- not a one of them had any ambition or drive, though some of them definitely had the talent. Unfortunately, the reality is that a very small percentage of people who go down the professional musician road make lots of money at it. But as long as you do what you enjoy and make enough to survive, that's what's important. To me it is, anyway. I am not playing professionally, but I am really enjoying myself and make a decent living.

edit: in case you were wondering, I make more money than they all do because they're working really crappy, low-end jobs. At least I finished school -- most of the guys I was in bands with barely graduated high school. So, lesson today is: stay in shool! At least you'll have something to fall back on.

Guest Jester

Wow -- this thread went way off topic! Moderator Warning:Jester -- this is your last warning! Stay on-topic!

Okay, so how about those games? I love all of them, but for some reason just don't have any motivation to play any of them, right now. I just can't get into playing any computer games. I'm still going to get a new computer because I use it for so much more -- music editing, graphics. Maybe building a hot new rig and playing those games with better graphics, etc, will get me more interested in them....

Personally, I find that I enjoy playing MP games more than SP games. I am also very choosy about which servers I frequent, so lately, I have not been playing much, either.

Don't ask me what my point is.... :stupid:

Guest Jester

Bah, if I want a carbine, I buy a carbine. If I want a pistol, I buy a pistol. I have the glock on the list because I'm in the market for one, not a carbine.

Games I own that I have had no time to play:
  • R63:RS (on mission 4) -- bought the day it came out
  • Splinter Cell (on about mission 3 or 4) -- bought the week it came out
  • IL2: Forgotten Battles -- bought the week it came out
  • Unreal II (on about mission 3) -- bought the day it came out
  • Unreal Tournament 2003 (haven't even fired it up--can't even remember if I installed it) -- bought the week it came out

I hear that.

Splinter Cell - not even installed yet! Been gathering dust for ages.

Raven Shield, not even completed one mission (played online a fair bit though)

Ghost Recon, play for a little almost every night (thanks to Pave Low)

Urban Operations, played on a server for a little while last week :wub:

Freelancer - want to buy it - but what's the point?

erm..

GR - when I can

RvS - nightly (Eh-team server) - didn't do any sp missions though

UT2003 - haven't touched in a couple months - only did MP

BF1942 - never used

BHD - installed 2 nights ago, can't get it to connect MP. died, once. :(

I agree with Zjj on preferring MP... for one thing, it motivates me to play and to set other things aside for awhile. If I know someone is waiting for me - I'll make the time. (usually ;) ) For another- it's just darned fun!!! :D

re: the instrumental recorders - awesome find! didn't know anything like that was out there! I know some folks who will be most interested... thanks! :wub:

and......... the bike looks awesome! go for it!

post-26-1050883169.jpg

Guest Jester

While I would love to indulge and get another motorcycle....that's the one thing on the list that probably isn't happening this year. Unless I win the lottery, that is.

On gaming --

I used to enjoy a good co-op game with the guys back in the agr-s newsgroup days, but I don't get much time to play with people I know anymore. I feel like an outsider playing on WK's server, for instance, because there are so many 'new faces'. I wouldn't mind playing a few games with a couple folks I know, but you'll rarely see me join a server and you'll never see me join a public server through something like ubi.com, the zone, or ASE. Too many punks out there. I *loathe* going into a room where two guys are consistenly mopping the floor with the ten people taking them on. Invariably, I kill one or both of them for a couple of games then get the boot without a word -- solely because they can't stand the competition.

So....SP is where I stay.

What you save can be sent to the "zjj's new computer fund"!    :P  :D  :lol:  :devil:

Very very old! :P

Okay, there's my smart aleck remark for the day. :lol: You were asking for it!

*the above is solely for humor, yadda yadda, yah yadda*

Our local 18 year old drinking and driving Norwiegan had the unfortunate happenings of having the "buy Day a hooker fund", twas a sad day here at GR.net... :(

For those of you who are letting RVS "collect dust".. mind sending it to a NC modder in need?