[demo] Patch not installing

I have an issue with the demo.

A couple of minutes after launching patch install (tried also manual download), a message appears saying 'patch was NOT installed on your system'.

Tried also reinstalling demo and restarting XP.

Maybe something related to closed beta, that I was not able to uninstall and had to remove manually (recycle bin and registry clean)?

Please help me.

Operating system Windows XP.

remove the demo, do a fresh install and just start the game, the patch is an auto download by the demo to demonstrate the new feature of having an automatic update to relieve you from all teh hussle trying to find the right patch.....

remove the demo, do a fresh install and just start the game, the patch is an auto download by the demo to demonstrate the new feature of having an automatic update to relieve you from all teh hussle trying to find the right patch.....

Done already, before trying manual install.

Edited by =3dS=rOOk

Done already, before trying manual install.

hmm then I'm outta tricks, sorry.

Ask GRIN?

Try that:

1) uninstall all (demo, beta, etc)

2) cleanup the registry (remove everything that contains "Warfighter" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UBISOFT

3) install demo in a path without any space or weird character

4) ensure you have ~1gb left on this drive

5) run game, autopatch

/k

Try that:

1) uninstall all (demo, beta, etc)

2) cleanup the registry (remove everything that contains "Warfighter" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UBISOFT

3) install demo in a path without any space or weird character

4) ensure you have ~1gb left on this drive

5) run game, autopatch

/k

1) done

2) 'warfighter' in Ubisoft registry placement should be related also to GRAW1, so I don't think this is a good idea. BTW I already cleaned registry with a specific program.

3) I'll try

4) I'll check

5) done

Thank you ;)

P.S. GRAW2 release is around the corner, not a big problem not to be able to run demo :)

Edited by =3dS=rOOk

No problemo :)

2) 'warfighter' in Ubisoft registry placement should be related also to GRAW1, so I don't think this is a good idea. BTW I already cleaned registry with a specific program.

Hmm well use "warfighter 2" then :) a registry cleaner might just delete some of the keys, and if the demo installer does not overwrite the remaining ones, this could be a reason why the patch doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this (or similar) as well. I'm running XP64 and I noticed that both the demo and the retail do not add shortcuts for launch.

Yesterday, when I went to patch, it reported that GRAW2 wasn't installed, som couldn't patch.

I reintstalled to "F:\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2" and it patched fine. It was in my "Program Files (x86)" folder before. Obviously you wouldn't have that issue, but it might be an issue with the path you did choose.

I still don't get shortcuts, but it patched now :hmm: