The Release Date Fiasco

Poop does happen,,,,,It will be 6-26-07 or it will not be,That is the question. My sore-a-s-s-es tell me your all full of poop and it will ship 6-26-07. Butt, Has been wrong before. Its just not been updated on the US web site yet,maybez/

No Willy its got to have some bugs.

Edited by The Blueberry

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 06.20.07 GRAW2 PC �€“ US Release Date Confirmed

Tom Clancy�€™s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 PC will be released in the US on 7/17/2007. While you�€™re waiting to get your hands on the full game, Gamespy Arena has opened up competitive ladders for the multiplayer demo. To participate, simply play ranked matches and check your position on the ladder.

Looks like the UK people will get the game before me and the rest of us in the US. :ermm:

Hoot, Ubi pushed it back and they had a good reason. It changes nothing. You see I heard the REAL reason the pushed it back is because they forgot to start making T-Shirts for the first 150 people to pre-order it. Note to self: Don't come here from July 13th to the 17th. That is assuming they don't decide to give t-shirts to the first 250 people who pre-order it. Then we'll be waiting till September.

Delay or patch.... no matter what they do it will make some ppl happy and others unhappy.

I dont care either way, as long as enough ppl play it this time around. I want to compete.

We'll get both. A delay is now official AND we'll get a Release Day patch to download.

-jk

OMG I'm pretty mad now. So mad, I'm gonna end up giving a girl a sneaky castro, a Tony Danza, or maybe even a sad clown. But yeah the release date for us "yanks" is the 17th of July. Kinda sux that you euro guys get it on Friday the 13th. Might wanna be careful. Your games might be jinxed or scratched. I do know that usually our games(in the U.S.) are for some reason released on Tuesdays. Same with movies that come out on DVD. So yeah the 17th makes sense. Although the 26th made sense too but oh well free t-shirts!

Yeah one of the Euro fans is gonna pop in their GRAW 2 disc and next thing they know Jason Vorhees comes out of nowhere with a machete. LOL I'm sure this delay will be a good thing. As long as they don't release an SP demo and push it back after someone complains about some pointless detail.

Just got an email seconds ago from gamestop:

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter 2

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646867

Old Release Date - 6/26/2007

New Release Date - 7/17/2007

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!

The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime. GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible

so safe to say perhaps the 2nd week in July.

Just got an email seconds ago from gamestop:

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter 2

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646867

Old Release Date - 6/26/2007

New Release Date - 7/17/2007

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!

The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

NOTE: The product release date is the best estimate as to when the product will become available. These dates are subject to change at anytime. GameStop.com is in constant communication with product vendors to provide you with the most accurate release dates possible

so safe to say perhaps the 2nd week in July.

It's already on the official US Ghost Recon website that the official "confirmed" release date for GRAW2 pc in the US is 7/17/07. That's the day, now we all know how long we have to wait for the game in the UK and the US.

UK=7/13/07

US=7/17/07

BUT DEMAN, YOU STILL HAVEN'T INFORMED US WHETHER IT'S GONE GOLD OR NOT!!!!! lol j/k I like how you put the quotation marks around confirmed. You might have meant that it's actually gonna be the day but to me, we can't be sure if confirmed actually means going to be released on the 17th most definately.

BUT DEMAN, YOU STILL HAVEN'T INFORMED US WHETHER IT'S GONE GOLD OR NOT!!!!! lol j/k I like how you put the quotation marks around confirmed. You might have meant that it's actually gonna be the day but to me, we can't be sure if confirmed actually means going to be released on the 17th most definately.

Well I am quoting the website when I say it's "confirmed". It's on the US site. :blink:

I'm happy to wait for this... don't see it as a bad thing, but its an oppurtunity for GRIN to improve and make little tweaks before the game is released. The demo is great, and I think GRAW2 will be better than the first, both in sp and mp.

Everyone be patient! GRIN wants their game to be as good as it can be!

Edited by whoa182

Everyone be patient! GRIN wants their game to be as good as it can be!

Loose translation - They know we all have a bizarre co-dependent relationship with our beloved GR series so they can yank our chains a few more times and we'll still cough up the dough.

We can't blame Ubi or GRiN for this kind of behavior (not the delay but the ridiculous lack of respect about at least announcing them and setting customer expectations) as long as we keep coming back and giving them our money time after time. We're the kicked dog coming back for more...

(steps off soapbox)

-jk

Graw 2, 260kr/EUR 28/£18 @www.play.com

A very nice deal for europeans living in the right countries, also free delivery for those lucky. I am gonna order but god damn if they don´t have a patch ready for me when release date comes that don´t fix the fov issues.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/3256644/To...-2/Product.html

Ah, as I understand the widescreen thing is fixed:

:stupid:

[Merged with one of the existing threads where that is posted]

Edited by Pave Low

Yeah one of the Euro fans is gonna pop in their GRAW 2 disc and next thing they know Jason Vorhees comes out of nowhere with a machete. LOL I'm sure this delay will be a good thing. As long as they don't release an SP demo and push it back after someone complains about some pointless detail.

People who enjoy just SP deserve the same considerations that those who play MP get. If an SP demo comes out and a bug is found that should be fixed and pushes the release back, then it's no skin off your nose. SP gamers deserve a bug free game too.