Disc errors

Tinker

Hi

Yesterday i used my backup discs to restore my PC back to when i first set it up. All seems fine apart from Installing DVD`s.

Tried installing Lockdown, half way through i have this:

Core Game Component

File Group: Game Data

File: E:\data2.cab

Error: Data error (cycle redundancy check).

I thought it was just a Lockdown issue, but now I am not to sure...

Tried installing GRAW this morning and same thing, just near the end. Error: Data error (cycle redundancy check).

Both worked fine before the restore? Both DVD`s

GR1 discs all loaded up fine.

Tinker

:(

*EDIT*

Vegas just loaded first time!

<_<

Try updateing you DVD drivers I had a simular problem before loading images off of a DVD to my PC and kept getting the cycle redundancy error. but after updating the dvd drive drivers it worked fine :huh:

I suppose the drive could be on it's way out, hence it works for some disks but not others. It would be handy to have another PC to try the Lockdown disk in and see if it installed okay, that would rule out the disk and point to the drive.

I suppose the drive could be on it's way out, hence it works for some disks but not others. It would be handy to have another PC to try the Lockdown disk in and see if it installed okay, that would rule out the disk and point to the drive.

Lockdown installed first time on my other PC.

Damn, that things only over a year old too. It won`t load GRAW or Lockdown. Vegas and HL2 it had no problems with.

:blink:

Tinker

:blink: Both discs load fine on my other PC, first time no problem.

This PC will install any other but just these 2! How weird is that.

As for this PC in general:

Windows XP Media 2005 Edition

Pentium D CPU 3-0GHz

2 GB RAM

Nvidea 7600 GS

300MB Hard Drive

Well i bought this for over £1000 about 12 months ago, and have never opened it.

Yesterday, i backed up all my needed data onto DVD`s. Then used the backup discs i had from when i first set the thing up and ran a restore. Spent the rest of the time running windows and HP updates and so. 72 windows security updates! You think they would make a cumulative patch or something.

Today it was time to look inside!

Image052.jpg

:blink:

Image053.jpg

:x

Image054.jpg

:oops:

lol. Obviously i followed the usually safety precautions, and set to work taking the thing apart bit by bit. Observing all cables and connectors as i went. Ended up with this lot:

Image055.jpg

:D

Anyhow, all back together now, drivers updated and this PC is running so quiet and smooth it is like a new machine! I guess i will be booking it in for a regular 3 monthly from now on! :shifty:

However it will not load Lockdown or GRAW!

<_<

Tinker

WOW, deffinatlly a different bread of dust upthere Tinker !

mines just the usual grey and it gets removed every month,

But thats one of the probs with having a fancy rig lol that will teach me :whistle:

A07.jpg

Edited by Hammer