where can i read about co-op?

Alright stop bashin on eachother before this gets out of hand. I do tend to like COOP more. I've done decent in PvP but I get sick of all the people talking trash or just talking period. It does make it more interesting but it's just not for me. Besides I like the whole storyline thing. Anyways, that's all I have to say.

Come play MP-Coop is not where it's at...get on coms and come test yourself

Coop is MP!

No, Coop is Coop. MP is where you battle against humans, not scripts. Sorry WK.

Coop requires multiple human players to play the game, MP. What you describe is PvP or TvT type games.

You guys can argue semantics all you want. but the indistry has clearly drawn a distinct line between the use of the word "Multi player" and the word "Coop". In the indistry use of the term, there is no overlap and no confusion.

Players vs. AI is Coop

Player vs. Player is Multiplayer (also called Adversarial Multiplayer for clarity)

And despite the potential for the term Multi player to simply mean "more than one player", the industry use of the term does not include "Coop" in the term "Multiplayer"

This may not be documented anywhere, and the Oxford dictionary may not agree, but folks in the business do not interchange or overlap the meanings. (Sorry Nutlink). You need only look at how GRiN uses the terms to see this.

Edited by Sleepdoc

I agree with Sleepdoc. Back on topic.... so what exactly happens when you "suppress" and enemy this time? In GRAW I got tired of two things happening. Either you can lay a spray of bullets down and they'll still leave cover 1 by 1 and get capped, or you could lay down a spray of bullets and the enemy will just pop up and nail anything, dead-on accurate.

You guys can argue semantics all you want. but the indistry has clearly drawn a distinct line between the use of the word "Multi player" and the word "Coop". In the indistry use of the term, there is no overlap and no confusion.

Players vs. AI is Coop

Player vs. Player is Multiplayer (also called Adversarial Multiplayer for clarity)

And despite the potential for the term Multi player to simply mean "more than one player", the industry use of the term does not include "Coop" in the term "Multiplayer"

This may not be documented anywhere, and the Oxford dictionary may not agree, but folks in the business do not interchange or overlap the meanings. (Sorry Nutlink). You need only look at how GRiN uses the terms to see this.

CO-OP is a Multi-player Custom Game Mode, as stated by GRIN.

Tinker

:thumbsup:

Players vs. AI is Coop

CO-OP is a Multi-player Custom Game Mode, as stated by GRIN.

Tinker

:thumbsup:

irrelevant.

Coop is what the industry intends for the term to mean. Multiplayer is not Coop in the current industry vernacular.

If they used the term "coop" outside the current standard meaning in the industry, then so be it. It Doesn't change the fact.

:thumbsup: backatcha. :yes:

Edited by Sleepdoc

While this argument is about as pointless as it can get, I still consider coop MP, even though I understand what Doc is saying. Just look on the back of any game that has coop, it'll state something along the lines of "New Coop and Multilayer modes and features" or some such, distinctly separating the two. I've never been much of one to follow industry standards though. Just ask the RIAA :)

While this argument is about as pointless as it can get, I still consider coop MP, even though I understand what Doc is saying. Just look on the back of any game that has coop, it'll state something along the lines of "New Coop and Multilayer modes and features" or some such, distinctly separating the two. I've never been much of one to follow industry standards though. Just ask the RIAA :)

:D

This topic is pointless indeed. All Cajun was asking for was some info about whateveryouwannacallit

:rofl:

Guess there`s not much else to do atm, besides agree to disagree?

Tinker

:)

This topic is pointless indeed.

Well. What else are we supposed to do while we wait for the release but have pointless discussions?

I thought forum, translated into english, meant "pointless discussions".

No one told me that my discussions had to be of any substance.

:rofl:

sleepyhead

Edited by Sleepdoc