Spawn Rapers

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nailer you have a VERY good point i know u get like a 3 second spawn invincibility but as soonas u move 2 feet a ###### witha barrett shoots ur ass off! grin should put in something like if u shoot someone thats at their spawn that has just spawnd it kills the shooter automatically and gives the guy that he shot at equivilent to 1 kill or in RVSA 4 VP kill but still spawn rapers are VERY annoying

grin should put in something like if u shoot someone thats at their spawn that has just spawnd it kills the shooter automatically and gives the guy that he shot at equivilent to 1 kill or in RVSA 4 VP kill but still spawn rapers are VERY annoying

You mean that if I kill someone who has just spawned then I die too?

grin should put in something like if u shoot someone thats at their spawn that has just spawnd it kills the shooter automatically and gives the guy that he shot at equivilent to 1 kill or in RVSA 4 VP kill but still spawn rapers are VERY annoying

You mean that if I kill someone who has just spawned then I die too?

Actually, I think his idea had 2 parts to the test.

#1. You kill someone who just spawned.

#2. The game detects that you did this from WITHIN their spawn.

Then you die.

On first Blush, sounds like an interesting server side feature to allow admins as a choice.....

Edited by Sleepdoc

Hmm... not sure if I like the idea. What if I'm on the run and have to cross a spawnzone and suddenly someone spawns? Shouldn't I be able to defend myself? He can kill me but if I kill him then I die too. It's a no-win-situation. I don't care if I don't get any kill-point, I just want to live!!

If I kill someone who has just spawned then he should just get an extra spawn (in RvA) IMO.

Edited by Hockeystick

If they were to implement something like that, it would have to be balanced. The problem with killing the spawn killer is that you give the person in spawn a reason to stay in their spawn and kill people from it. It is also a partial problem with the range of certain weapons like the Barrett that was mentioned before. IMO, the solution would be to create a spawn area in TDM where the players are invulnerable while also unable to shoot out . Once they leave that area they become vulnerable and able to defend themselves. It's the only way to balance both sides to prevent a camper from staying in spawn and shooting out of it and getting free kills. Of course then the spawn area MUST be clearly defined so there is no confusion regarding if you or someone else are/is in or out of the spawn.

I dont think in RvA you should get any handycaps for spawn rapers.. Honestly, I have had it done to me and I have done it and if you cant defend yourself, you dont deserve to play. If you have a 3 - 6 second defend time also, then I have no sympathy for you if you die in your spawn.. pay attention more and you wont die from a spawn raper.

Now TDM, yeah, you need some protection. Especially if there is no death limit it can get very annoying and if you have a death limit, even though I REALLY disagree with a death limit, then its annoying too.

Ducky

the spawn protection can raised to 10 sec and when a foe gets to close to the spawn, they will be tagged. and with this 10 sec i think you have enoug time, to get out of the zone or get that ###### down :yes:

the third thing i would like to see in tdm is more than one spawn point (like the rva mode maybe). that would really reduce spawncamping and our furstration :P

Edited by tau'r!

I touched on my feelings on this in another thread but to expand on that a bit....

I think camping on the spawn to get easy kills is wrong but if you run through the spawn on your way to something or in persuit of or away from the enemy, as mentioned above, you should be able to make kills without being labeld a spawn raper.

I am however in favor of sniping into a spawn.... most everyone has seen saving private ryan, in the opening scene when the ramp on the LCVP comes down and the americans are basically "spawning" onto the beach the germans are taking them out... why, becuase they can. In war when you come into the battle space you are a target, you don't get to say wait I'm not ready. IMHO it's the same in the game...

also... multiple and random spawn points would render this discussion moot.

Edited by chilly-willy

If you get spawn killed in RvA you deserve it :)
I gues I thought we were talking about traditional TDM.....
You were. I just like gumming up the works :P

In RvA, though, I have yet to see anyone spawn kill or be spawn killed at the initial spawn unless they are loitering. Regardless, you have (virtually) no business staying in your own spawn. If you're a Ghost, you will be of no benefit to your team if you stay in your spawn. Even if you do snipe a Rebel, they'll just respawn, so you're not really helping your team complete their objectives. If you're a Rebel, staying in the spawn provides no tactical benefit to your team (I think Grin did a good job locating the Rebel spawns in this case).

Chilly-willy that's reality and this is a game and to not be able to leave spawn because someone sniped, toobed or otherwise shot you just ruins the game play.

If all servers upon retail release, if they don't make any changes, adopted a community standard spawn protection timer setting I'm sure it would make it more even across the board but even with 5 seconds you burn 1-2 seconds the instant you spawn so by the time you start haulin' ass you're dead.

Now I've been guilty of spawn camping now and then because sometimes you just get caught up in it all because your entire team is doing it and your voice goes unheard when you ask them to stop and give the other team a fair chance at playing the game, but generally I do not shoot into spawn unless someone has decided to nest with a sniper rifle to afraid to step out.

I will stay just outside spawn and get people as they are coming out because IMO the moment you are out of the spawn area you are fair game but being put down in the initial spawn zone is just lame.

I too am in favor of making all respawns random like it used to be in GR and would prefer if it was set that way.

I think making it so if you attempt to kill a member of the opposing team too soon after they spawn that the offender dies as a punishment may not be the best idea but at this stage anything to stop people raping the spawn is better than nothing.

I'm sure this issue will change when the game is released as this is a demo and it's available to everyone free of charge so all types of gameplay, favorable and unfavorable, will come into play.

P.S - Nothing beats a smoke grenade for cover. :P

Edited by reLapse

When playing with multiple spawns and static spawn zones like in GRAW, spawn raping will happen whether you like it or not (unless you are at an admined server that does not allow it).

I agree that if there is no invulnerability time it can be really frustrating as you die before you even have a chance to act. However, if server admins simply gave spawners 5-6 sec of invuln time, there is plenty of time to locate and get rid of 1) players hanging around close to spawn or 2) deal with spawn snipers being far away. You can locate where they are while taking hits and give returning fire promptly (besides after a while all the usual spawn raping positions are known and normally very dangerous spot to be in when playing against experienced players).

Taking out players on the way out of spawn or in spawn after invuln time is over in public games with multiple spawns is just fine by me. It is the interest of the team to keep their spawn zone, its immediate surroundings, and typical spawn sniper spots clear.

Remember, certain servers have strict rules about spawn raping, spawn nading, traveling within spawn etc and it should be respected. Always make sure you know the server rules at the different servers.

Suggestion!

I wish GRIN will add a tab where admins can enter the server rules, that players can access already before joining in the server browser or whenever in game from the "kit up" screen or status screen.

Im a match player (no respawns). I consider any other form of play training, or just fun (so being killed won't upset me). I don't tend to spawn kill, but on unlimited death servers it is hard not to not head for the spawn. If you know where a player is going to appear from its just common sense to hold that area. I find it a little unfair that clans who band spawn killing, often them selves snipe/camp outside spawns, let an opposing player get 1-2 meters off the spawn before killing them then claim it as a valid kill.

What about people who hide in their own spawns and snipe, then claim "you shot at me 1st". Its impossible and unfair to force people to play a certain way. I think its a case of peoples pride being hurt, more than trying to ref a game. Just remember "don't get mad, get even".

another suggestion:

A jamming transmitter could be placed at the spawnzones, that gives any enemy who cross the way a real bad visual. Worse visuals than in GRAW1 singleplayer. And additional the enemy get autotagged in this zone. 3 sec invulnerability for spawners.

Edited by TheVoodoo

another suggestion:

A jamming transmitter could be placed at the spawnzones, that gives any enemy who cross the way a real bad visual. Worse visuals than in GRAW1 singleplayer. And additional the enemy get autotagged in this zone. 3 sec invulnerability for spawners.

So far that sounds like the best option I've heard of because as an admin you can't always be there to watch the server and when you’re away from it people will intentionally violate the rules. Not to mention that it would also help to alleviate the huge lag spikes in the game that already let some plays take very little damage compared to others. What I mean is, it would at least lend something to be attractive in Multiplayer with the technical issues that are pushing a lot of people away from the game (demo) right now.

Spawn campers are always gonna be around. Because they got no were else to go play probably. But it`s not an issue with No Respawn. :o=

Also, remembering the good servers that look down on such said.

Play as a team, with a team. Use TS. It`s then the team against that 1 spawn killer. He`ll not be around for long.

"Dont get mad get even"

:yes: yep spawn rapers hate being owned.

A good old Foam Fire Extinguiser and a Fog Horn would do the trick!

Tinker

:P

The problem with limited spawns as you can see by the people complaining about the spawn camping and the numbers of people playing on which server... Is that people such as myself, do not have all night or day to play. If I have 4 hours to play the game I do not want to spend 2 hours of it spectating so it’s not something that will fix the issue. The thing a lot of people seem to forget is that in order for us to see more of what we want out of a game such as ghost recon we can’t have everything our way. There has to be a middle ground for the game to be successful otherwise we won’t see what we want in the next game as it all comes down to the mighty dollar for a publisher.

I spent 30 minutes lastnight getting spawn raped by the GHOST clan. all they did was have one guy raped the hell out of our team while their buddies came up from all sides. 30 damn minutes. i can see once in awhile you get one but not when you pursue the ideology of just sitting in an enemies spawn.

and they have no bad conscience about it either.