[Runs slow on my machine]

AMD athlon xp 2600+

1.91 GHz, 1 GB or ram (plaining on getting more ram soon)

Minimum:

Processor: Intel or AMD, 2 GHz

Operating System: Windows XP/Vista

Memory: 1024 MB RAM

Disk Space: 2 GB

Graphics Card: 128 MB DX9.0c compatible card,

GeForce 6200 or higher

Radeon 9700 or higher

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible

DVD-ROM drive : x2 read speed

DirectX Version: 9.0c

Network: High-speed modem with 128 Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a client, 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game.

Don't even bother just trying to upgrade your processor, just get an entirely new system.

However I still would like to see them add 2 things at a minimum. Getting knocked down when hit and injury effects like limping.

Just pretend your scarface. He never got knocked down.

But in all seriousness, I cant give any feedback because my processor is too slow. Is there a way to overclock it to bring it up to at least the minimal 2 GHz?

[being as there is so much discussion about your PC, I'll split these posts from feedback and merge it with your Tech support thread]

Edited by Pave Low

But in all seriousness, I cant give any feedback because my processor is too slow. Is there a way to overclock it to bring it up to at least the minimal 2 GHz?

Whats Your processor ? I have Athlon 64 3000 ( which has 1.86 GHz) and game runs ok on Med/High settings.

Edited by Joseph_Q

What do you mean?

check to make sure theyre the lastest?

Latest doesnt always mean best. You have to check several latest drivers, i remember that just after GRAW1 demo release lots of ppl complained about game performance and changing drivers was a solution for most of them.

Crap.

that means more work doesn't it?

how much will that cost me?

Im like 14 so I dont have much money.

I feel for ya... maybe hit the parents up? You basically need to start from scratch because you'll need a new mobo to support current chips. You can go Duel core (AMD) for just over $100 and then add another $80 for a new mobo. Then you'll need new RAM which is fairly cheap at the moment. Problem is, you most likely have an AGP 6600 and it's hard to find boards these days with AGP since everything is going the way of PCI-E. Vid cards aren't cheap.

I have a DFI 3200 Lan Party Mobo with a 1900 crossfire edition and a x1900xtx (Crossfire Mode with 2 card's) I'd sell you for $350. You'd still need RAM and a new power supply though.

What do you mean?

check to make sure theyre the lastest?

Latest doesnt always mean best. You have to check several latest drivers, i remember that just after GRAW1 demo release lots of ppl complained about game performance and changing drivers was a solution for most of them.

Trust me Joseph, drivers aren't going to do anything for an XP chip. Even if he O/C'd that chip to 2.5 it isn't going to make a significant difference. Take a look at the date of THIS article. 5 years ago.

Edited by GHOST_Sup

Jeez. Every thing on my computers at least minimal except the CPU freq. Last year I had to get a new video card and more RAM to play GRAW 1.My computer was made like 5 years ago. But it's still pretty nice. As far as I can tell. Ubisoft advances too fast for me. Parents make a good income but my dad hates spending money on me. Gotta give him some credit though, hes had to reformat my hard drive like 4 or 5 times. When we put in my video card last year it screw up my computer majorly. Which resulted in a reformatting. Dad says maybe if I change my video card to something newer with better VPU or GPU or whatever its called it'll work. But either way, it's gonna take me a while to make the money.

Edited by Commander Outcast

Well, the first thing I'm gonna do is clock my CPU to its highest, and get some more ram. If that dont help Ill have to sell my soul to my dad...

EDIT: well I changed some drivers and it runs pretty smoothly now. But its still on the lowest settings...

My dad can overclock it but hes worried that if we clock up it might fry my processor. How high can you set those without and damage?

Edited by Commander Outcast

Good Luck!

Sounds like you have a really good dad. He's teaching you responsibility. He isn't just spoiling you like a lot of the brats you see on these forums with state of the art systems that mommy bought them. I was raised the same way back in the day and I'm glad I was.

Related side note: I don't care what anyone says. This game is not 'optimized'. It does not run better than GRAW 1 as far as performance goes. I've run it on 3 different systems and GRAW 1 performs better on all of them....maybe its just a 'demo-thing'? "shrugs"

Edit: I have noticed that in empty servers the game attains a higher frame rate on the demo map than on any empty server map in GRAW 1. However, as soon as there is more than about 20-22 players the frame rate quickly starts dropping were as in GRAW 1 my frame rate barely changes. My setup's are only moderate midrange systems though. Still yet, they should not advertise this game as optimized when it can be clearly proved it isn't under the most intense situations..Again, could be a "demo thing"

You just can not play a multi-player game in a competitive nature if you are running your resolution at 800 x 600 or some other insanely low setting. Especially a game where stealth matters. You will be spotted way before you can spot the other players at long ranges due to the way the game engine is designed. Images are just way to choppy on low end graphics cards without AA and high resolution settings.

If I was asked to state the minimum specifications needed for this game, I would state the following:

AMD64 3000+

7600GT 256 PCIe

1024mb Ram

Soundblaster Audigy 2 Zs

This was the minimum pc I played the game on and game play was just barely 'good' on it. I would not recommend anything less than this. This setup will give you all low settings with about a 1280 x 1024 resolution and still be able to compete. Again, anything less than the system above. In my opinion your just asking for immense amounts of dissapointment.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

I always had to beg for extra money, whilst my brother got it when he wanted, lent money for a sailing boat whilst I was begging for money to be able to rent a room for my practise abroad. In the end after my parents died my brother had lots of friends for a short time untill he ran out of money..... now he's begging me.... And no way i'm gonna support him he has to learn the hard way.

I learned to be happy with what I got, and I saved a lot of money by investing it the proper way, and not lending too much.

Always keep in mind that 90% of the world population problably has less money than you have.....

Hi,

It's an interesting double edged thread. High end computer gaming versus learning the value of money!

It's not cheap to stay at the cutting edge of PC gaming and the industry is led by the drive to make gaming realistic and it's getting pretty close! Like any new technology, you pay through the nose for the latest and greatest. GRAW and now GRAW2 are prime examples. I've not seen GRAW on a top spec. system but the various trailers show what can be achieved. Crysis being a good example.

Kids still at school will generally go for console 'run and gun' arcade stuff but if your mature enough to want to play a tactical game, such as GRAW and on a pc, then you're likely to hit the wall of cost! If you have generous parents some might consider you lucky, others might think you're spoilt, I don't think the two necessarily go together. I think you're lucky if your dad is already a GRAW convert and has a high spec system anyway!! :P

Kids where I come from often get temporary jobs to pay for or help pay for what they want. This might even persuade your parents that you are willing to work for it and prompt them to put up the rest of the money.

Basically, if you are really serious you will work for what you want and not just sit on the R's waiting for it to drop in your lap! :rolleyes: