GRAW 2 MP Demo Top 10 Lists

I can however give a pass on anyone who figures out an exploit and uses it. If it's in the game and everyone who knows about it can do it then that's ok by me.

I totally disagree, using certain "illegal" exploits due to glitches in the game to gain unfair advantage is definitely out of bounds, even for public games. It will get you banned from the major ladders and clan servers.

A few examples (i.e., not a complete list):

GR1: Go prone and shoot from e.g. Embassy ramp or crater edges (often called "glitching") or do tight left peeking through walls (i.e., put the gun barrel through the wall) Exploits where you knowingly can shoot and hit opponents who can not hit you due to a glitch in the game.

GRAW1: Go outside map on ComStation. Exploit using a glitch in the game

GRAW 2 Demo: Use the "silent crouched slide exploit" to move around in crouched position completely silent and still be able to shoot accurately. Exploit using a glitch in the game

While there were many glitches in GR1 that players can exploit to gain unfair advantage, there are less such in GRAW (although there are some). However, there is also less consensus what an illegal exploit is in GRAW due to laddering never took off.

My main point is that taking advantage of any glitch in game is not automatically ok to use . By time these are evaluated and a consensus of "what is what" is worked out among ladder admins and the competitive clans. The same clans also normally run many of the best servers so it usually with time becomes the "gold standard" for many public servers also.

The main problem with GRAW is that it is harder to catch and verify players using illegal exploits due to lack of replays, which is very unfortunate.

PS. On another topic, the extent of spawn camping in public fun games with respawns can be reduced by having invulnerability for 5-6 seconds after respawn.

Yea, I know I violated my own darn recommendation in the intro post :blush: , but I just felt the urge to respond...

Also... TrueWS.gif

And now back on topic!

-auto reload

Just turn it off in the options. It's a personal setting. ;)

Yes. It is a client side setting. It should be a server option. That way everyone has to manually reload on that server, you know, for balance. IMO auto-reload has no place in a 'tactical' shooter. It should have stayed on the xbox.

Edited by RLCSeMPeRFi

The Ugly:

-Spawn Campers

-Snipers Camping Rebel spawn from across the map

-Respawning nade spammers

-Cheaters (already)

-Draw distance and Haze

I think Spawn sniping, camping, and nade spamming are ok. Not that I like it when it happens to me but I think "War is Hell" and being tea-bagged in the spawn zone really brings that feeling into the GRAW2 experiance.

Cheating... by moding or altering game files is obviosly off limits and I can't ever be cool with that. I can however give a pass on anyone who figures out an exploit and uses it. If it's in the game and everyone who knows about it can do it then that's ok by me.

chilly-willy,

Never come to the BeerDrinkingAssassins, those are all things we do not tolerate. You would last around 5 mins. Everyone of the activities you list are all banned on BDA server. Lucky you, there are many other server. ;)

Don't get me wrong here... if I happen to be on a server and I know such activites are banned I won't disrespect. I'm just saying for me all is fair. I don't want to get a rep as a cheater...

Do I feel another m9whore?

Back on-topic, sorta, I'm wondering from those of you who've messed with the demo so far if the draw distance has been extended from the previous, pitiful ~147 meters.

I can see already that the damage model remains ARCADE. "Help, my meter's RED!" Gotcha.

Really, not to be a PITA, but could someone familiar with all the complaints that never got addressed with GRAW please bring me up to speed on how much of that, if any, was addressed in the GRAW2 demo?

Really, not to be a PITA, but could someone familiar with all the complaints that never got addressed with GRAW please bring me up to speed on how much of that, if any, was addressed in the GRAW2 demo?
Draw distance, people disappearing at 150M, whatever you want to call it.

Altered game file kicks.

Lean when prone.

Wound model.

List varies depending on which PITA was complaining :lol:

Edit:

Sorry, these items were not (fully) addressed.

Edited by Cangaroo.TNT

When it comes to "wounds" then I think GRAW2 is worse then GRAW. In GRAW you could only take like 2 hits in MP. In GRAW2 you can take up to 4-5 bullets. That's insane!

The thing I really like about tactical shooters is that your mistakes are usually devastating. If you're not cautious then someone might sneak up on you and kill you from behind (GR1, GRAW, ArmA etc.).

In GRAW2, I've sneaked up to people with my pitiful MP5 and when I start shooting at them they can just turn around and kill me with their Scar or w/e. They should have died when I shot them first! :wall:

I'm not a fan of health bars either btw...

When it comes to "wounds" then I think GRAW2 is worse then GRAW. In GRAW you could only take like 2 hits in MP. In GRAW2 you can take up to 4-5 bullets. That's insane!

The thing I really like about tactical shooters is that your mistakes are usually devastating. If you're not cautious then someone might sneak up on you and kill you from behind (GR1, GRAW, ArmA etc.).

In GRAW2, I've sneaked up to people with my pitiful MP5 and when I start shooting at them they can just turn around and kill me with their Scar or w/e. They should have died when I shot them first! :wall:

yes, that can be sometimes really frustrating.

there could be 3 solutions:

stronger weapons

or

less health

or

shaking view when hit

stronger weapons

or

less health

or

shaking view when hit

I have a feeling that with all that has been said about the issue, this will be addressed .. if not in the release then in a patch a week or so after. That and the you hit my battleship blob..

I hope anyway...

stronger weapons

or

less health

or

shaking view when hit

Totally agree.

Best solution is a hit penalty (eg. not able to take accurate hits AND heavy camera tilt).

Top 10 good things with the GRAW 2 Demo:

1) Trade kills

2) The focus on TvT (I know others see it different, but GRAW was a let down in this aspect)

3) Better AC than GRAW

4) Weapon variety, please let more come in future patches

5) The Calavera map is great, I have played it at least 30 hours the last week with not being feed up by it

6) Loading times seems quicker

7) You can aim better than before when prone

8) The sounds in general are awesome

9) The new game mode RvsA is really good

10) All maps support all types of game modes, really good.

Top 10 bad things with the GRAW 2 Demo:

1) Lack of proper widescreen support

2) Chat and kill notifications are displayed "backwards".

3) Useless Compass, enlarge or make it possible to choose size.

4) Lack of chat box and detailed statistics in the after-action screen

5) Support of dualcore is good, but me on single core seems to be up for an upgrade, FPS never above 35

6) Walk, crawl, slide, run sounds are still too loud

7) No "feeling" of getting hit

8) The Scopes BIG black circle. NO ONE with proper training sees through a scope like that. Do change FGS.

9) Is the improved AC enough? Please do your best GRIN, this is important

10) The limited draw distance

Overall, a top game!

5) Support of dualcore is good, but me on single core seems to be up for an upgrade, FPS never above 35

Grin have said single core has no problems above min spec. more like your graphics card, and that's a topic for the Technical thread.