GRAW 2 MP Demo Top 10 Lists

I 've spent some time playing GRAW 2 MP T vs T Demo TDM (will try the other gamemode within shortly). This is my short & concise comparison with GRAW 1.

I figured the feedback thread starts to become somewhat large to digest so here we go.

NB! They do not necessarily come in ranked order but I numbered them anyway

Top 10 good things with the GRAW 2 Demo :thumbsup:

1) "Trade kills" are now possible (i.e., kills by mutual gunfire)

2) Victory or defeat message is now present

3) Single shot is now often better to use than full auto

4) Weapon variety

5) The Calavera map is great!

6) Loading times seems quicker

7) You can aim better than before when prone

8) The sounds in general are awesome (see exceptions below)

9) The new game mode RvsA seems fun (but haven't played i much yet)

10) There was actually a Demo. Thanks!

PS Many things remain good as in GRAW 1, therefore not listed

Top 10 bad things with the GRAW 2 Demo (to improve before or after full game release :P )

1) Lack of proper widescreen support

2) Chat and kill notifications are displayed "backwards". (i.e. the most recent chat message should appear closest to the centre of screen where is is most easily read, not vice versa)

3) Useless Compass (the N, S ,W,and E letters are too small to be readable)

4) Lack of chat box and detailed statistics in the after-action screen

5) The user interface is generally annoying (eg, it is difficult for beginners to know what are clickable items)

6) Walk, crawl, slide, run sounds are still too loud

7) Still lack of a proper damage model

8) Still lack of more than 2 spawn zones with a random insertion option C'mon! make it like in GR!

9) Still seemingly false kicks for "altered gamefiles" when there probably is a "time out"

10) The limited draw distance. Should be 200-250 m

Feel free to post your own top 10 lists. No extensive discussion please! I'd ju like to see what people think without reading too much!

The Good

1. Trade kills

2. Single shot is now useful

3. Soldier classes

4. Weapon variety

5. Character detail

6. Recon vs Assault

7. The new go to crouch position while running feature

8. Great sounds

9. Stable MP connection

10. The recoil

The Bad

1. No wound model

2. No "feeling" of getting hit (no tilting camera, not even an ouch)

3. Hit indicator (the red dot in your cross hair)

4. Useless compass

5. Cluttered HUD (please, put the who-killed-who back in the chat box)

6. Lack of proper wide screen support

7. Limited draw distance

8. Lack of environmental sounds (wind, crickets etc.)

9. Health bar

10. You can take way too many hits

Edited by Hockeystick

Agreed, this is only the demo. Though I don't think there will be any major changes to the final game. But hey why not:

Good

1.) Greater weapon selection

2.) Better recoil model both scoped and unscoped

3.) Recon vs. Assault gamemode

4.) Graphics

5.) No jumping

Dislikes

1.) Damage model is ok for me but with no "wounding" it seems a little arcadish. Either make it 1-2 shots=dead or have shot players show it (limping, decreased accuracy, etc.)

2.) Noise when moving while crouched seems too loud.

I'll wait till the final game is released because I am sure most of my dislikes will be addressed by then.

Agreed, this is only the demo. Though I don't think there will be any major changes to the final game. But hey why not:

Good

1.) Greater weapon selection

2.) Better recoil model both scoped and unscoped

3.) Recon vs. Assault gamemode

4.) Graphics

5.) No jumping

Dislikes

1.) Damage model is ok for me but with no "wounding" it seems a little arcadish. Either make it 1-2 shots=dead or have shot players show it (limping, decreased accuracy, etc.)

2.) Noise when moving while crouched seems too loud.

I'll wait till the final game is released because I am sure most of my dislikes will be addressed by then.

Also, even if you are running for 10 min you will not hear the ghost breathing ... :blink: I've tried it !

This is not realistic at all !!! Even if there are the most atletics guys in this world :wacko:

Please GRIN do something about it !!!! GRAW 1 has the same pb !!!!

I've seen in bundle file from the beta that there is breathing_wave.bank as in GRAW1 but there is no sound for breathing ...

Edited by StormBlackEagle

good things

1 graphics

2 sound

3 recon vs attack

4 auto start (a bit too fast some times)

5 RX4 (love that gun)

6 map-build up

7 overall game stability and speed (higher fps/smoother than graw1)

8 see 1

9 see2

10 see 3

bad things

1 online screen (no server info, statistics, chat window)

2 no doors

3 shadows are off site (see people up buildings far away cast a shadow near my feet!, treeshadows show only foliage no trunk)

4 will see after release of the full game (I expect a difficult server setup again, mod-selection screen like [GR] not there, still no doors)

But overall yeah lets have it! can't wait to see the full game

No wound model is the one important lack.

It is important too, remember in GR1 when you were hit ! You bleed and you breath and you can hear that you are hurted badly...

In GRAW 1 & 2, I believe that the armor is much better than in GR1 but after 2 hits in your arm or legs or shoulder than we can see bleeding effect and also breathing .

One more thing, in SP when for example Brown or other is hit, he fall down ! Except for mitchell he is standing like ROBOCOP its funny ! :hmm:

GRIN you're doing an amazing job I know, It takes a LOT of time to do it (I was a programmer once), but please every fun & player of GR GRAW 1 and GRAW2 will be very happy and pleased i f you can add this, even if it will be in a future patch ! 0:)

GOOD JOB GRIN :thumbsup:

Edited by StormBlackEagle

It's easy to get carried away with all the threads and posts on this forum regarding Grins new demo and forth coming final. What many don't realize is the enormity of what has gone into this one product alone, I just got finished reading some of the more interesting scripts from the demo, multiplayer.xml, network.xml, menu.xml, mission01 to xx xml's to name a few and this time Grin has made numerous comments, tweaks and mods all the way up to the demo release.

I'm not going into all the details, you've got that option yourself, but I am going to say a big thank you to Grin and all the coders that are making this game possible. You start to understand why bugs exist when you burrow through the 1000's of lines of script alone. I see "Wiking, Dalle, Mattias W, David L, hustomten, Stig, Simon, Artur to name a few of the guys that are working to get this to launch. I hope you pull off what could be the years best tactical FPS game.

The positive feedback, what is really good:

1. Weapon pickup ( perfect)

2. Graphics excellent (captures the moment)

3. Weapons variety (too sexy)

4. Atmospheric feel (does not look like a game)

5. camo works (like a dream)

6. Recon vs Assault mode (magic)

7. game physics very good (awesome well improved)

8. Great sounds /sound field (as good as ever and richer)

9. Auto mode change over for game modes (Admins dream)

10.Fast load times (so far)

11.Major bad ass game demo preview

12. Great colour pallet. (gritty war colours, No.1)

13. one of the best combat demos, closer to the roots.

14.Game pace closer to true recon.

15. The amount of detail is sweet as honey.

16. Screenshot feature Anticheat (the best till last, server dream)

17. Diesel engine 7

18. Quad core/ Dual core support

5 GRINS GOOD :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

What I'd like to see in final or patch 1

1. wound model ( limp, bullet hit, mS delay for movement when hit)

2. Recoil to heavy, re address by 10-20% lower at least

3. jump feature (my dream)

4. auto download & join on custom content (one day)

5. climb feature (well I tried)

7. Teamspeak (VOIP) link feature to host/ remote servers (would be good)

8. ladders

9. Doors to open / close (buildings) internal access

10.land mines (mines) Claymores ( you missed this one !)

11.chat window at end of round/ match

12. roll left/right while lay down.

13. Uniform rubbing sounds to crisp and clean/ needs dulling. Grin Dez22 confirms this is fixed

Things I like

1 - Sounds

2 - Graphics excellent

3 - Atmospheric feel

4 - Classes and weapons choice (althought I enjoyed did picking my load out)

5 - Fast Load times (so far with no mods - not sure about final release?)

6 - RvA game type - nice it has a Match feeling to it

7 - Weapon pickup

8 - Game Pace is great

9 - Prone works better

10 - No JUMPING

11- the fact that I could keep going on...

Things that need to be improved or added

1- Wound Model (better yet .. an impact for beign hit.. should not be able to shoot accurately when someone loads a clip in to you)

2 - Climb ability over smaller objects

3 - Roll in prone (edit -- or peaking.. sucks you can't be prone and peak around a corner or what have you)

4 - Sort abilty on Server Lobby

5 -remove the 'Who Killed Who'

6 - Change the hit blob to ret coluor change

Great Job GRIN and keep up the good work and the Support.. I WANT TO SEE EXPANSION PACKS before I see GRAW3!!!

Edited by IrishStout

Things I like:

See everyone else top ten and I second them.

Things I would like improved or added.

1. Peak while prone (i dont care for the roll as others have asked for)

2. The chat box, kill box windows...They must be combined into one and reduced to about half the size they are now.

3. Post match chat would be nice.

4. Remove red hit blob.

5. Need the wound model....Its in other games, it can be incorporated here.

6. The chat box, kill box windows...They must be combined into one and reduced to about half the size they are now. (did I say that twice? absolutely)

I've seen a couple of you mention you like the "new go prone while running feature"

I'm at work now so can't try it, whats new? Graw 1 you could flop onto your stomach at a full run, whats changed?

It's easy to get carried away with all the threads and posts on this forum regarding Grins new demo and forth coming final. What many don't realize is the enormity of what has gone into this one product alone, I just got finished reading some of the more interesting scripts from the demo, multiplayer.xml, network.xml, menu.xml, mission01 to xx xml's to name a few and this time Grin has made numerous comments, tweaks and mods all the way up to the demo release.

I'm not going into all the details, you've got that option yourself, but I am going to say a big thank you to Grin and all the coders that are making this game possible. You start to understand why bugs exist when you burrow through the 1000's of lines of script alone. I see "Wiking, Dalle, Mattias W, David L, hustomten, Stig, Simon, Artur to name a few of the guys that are working to get this to launch. I hope you pull off what could be the years best tactical FPS game.

The positive feedback, what is really good:

1. Weapon pickup ( perfect)

2. Graphics excellent (captures the moment)

3. Weapons variety (too sexy)

4. Atmospheric feel (does not look like a game)

5. camo works (like a dream)

6. Recon vs Assault mode (magic)

7. game physics very good (awesome well improved)

8. Great sounds /sound field (as good as ever and richer)

9. Auto mode change over for game modes (Admins dream)

10.Fast load times (so far)

11.Major bad ass game demo preview

12. Great colour pallet. (gritty war colours, No.1)

13. one of the best combat demos, closer to the roots.

14.Game pace closer to true recon.

15. The amount of detail is sweet as honey.

16. Screenshot feature Anticheat (the best till last, server dream)

17. Diesel engine 7

18. Quad core/ Dual core support

5 GRINS GOOD :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

What I'd like to see in final or patch 1

1. wound model ( limp, bullet hit, mS delay for movement when hit)

2. Recoil to heavy, re address by 10-20% lower at least

3. jump feature (my dream)

4. auto download & join on custom content (one day)

5. climb feature (well I tried)

7. Teamspeak (VOIP) link feature to host/ remote servers (would be good)

8. ladders

9. Doors to open / close (buildings) internal access

10.land mines (mines) Claymores ( you missed this one !)

11.chat window at end of round/ match

12. roll left/right while lay down.

13. Uniform rubbing sounds to crisp and clean/ needs dulling. Grin Dez22 confirms this is fixed

:drunk: I'm with you! I agree with every single point on your list.

I've seen a couple of you mention you like the "new go prone while running feature"

I'm at work now so can't try it, whats new? Graw 1 you could flop onto your stomach at a full run, whats changed?

Oops, I meant of course go to croush position while running :)

When you run and press space you slide but if you press c instead you crouch without sliding.

The Good:

-graphics

-netcode

-run speed

-new game mode

-new weapons (less nades)

-scoring system

-map detail

-faster load times

-Auto patch feature

The Bad:

-only 1 spawn zone

-walk too slow

-no obstacle climbing

-auto reload

-no cover mode (an option to turn it on or off for servers would be nice)

-No Punkbuster

-No custom kits

-Widescreen support

The Ugly:

-Spawn Campers

-Snipers Camping Rebel spawn from across the map

-Respawning nade spammers

-Cheaters (already)

-Draw distance and Haze

Edited by RLCSeMPeRFi

The Ugly:

-Spawn Campers

-Cheaters (already)

-Draw distance and Haze

I think Spawn sniping, camping (i've reconsidered this after getting my clock cleaned last night), and nade spamming are ok. Not that I like it when it happens to me but I think "War is Hell" and being tea-bagged in the spawn zone really brings that feeling into the GRAW2 experiance.

Cheating... by moding or altering game files is obviosly off limits and I can't ever be cool with that. I can however give a pass on anyone who figures out an exploit and uses it. If it's in the game and everyone who knows about it can do it then that's ok by me.

Edited by chilly-willy

Cheating... by moding or altering game files is obviosly off limits and I can't ever be cool with that. I can however give a pass on anyone who figures out an exploit and uses it. If it's in the game and everyone who knows about it can do it then that's ok by me.

Can't say I totall agree with the comment above.. I take glitches, which are in game not to be all that great. It takes away from the intended gameplay.. i.e. (hate to bring it up) but GR1.

But in terms of Spawn kills... as long as it's not right from the get go.. i.e. One base can see the other and fire GL's and take out the other team before they even have a chance .. but if the spawn is taken with blood and guts.. then I commend the other team..

I kwon not realy on topic.. sorry!!

Edited by IrishStout

I think Spawn sniping, camping, and nade spamming are ok. Not that I like it when it happens to me but I think "War is Hell" and being tea-bagged in the spawn zone really brings that feeling into the GRAW2 experiance.

I have to disagree. For me the spawn raping before you can blink makes the game too frustrating to the point I don't even want to play. There is no skill involved. Any newb can do the same thing to rack up easy kills. I know there is a invuln timer but alot of the servers aren't using it, and probably won't in the full version either. There needs to be random spawn insertion points.

The Ugly:

-Spawn Campers

-Cheaters (already)

-Draw distance and Haze

I think Spawn sniping, camping, and nade spamming are ok. Not that I like it when it happens to me but I think "War is Hell" and being tea-bagged in the spawn zone really brings that feeling into the GRAW2 experiance.

chilly-willy,

Never come to the BeerDrinkingAssassins, those are all things we do not tolerate. You would last around 5 mins. Everyone of the activities you list are all banned on BDA server. Lucky you, there are many other server. ;)